Forums > General Industry > never model or photograph for money!...

Photographer

- null -

If you are a model or photographer, the absolute best and most enjoyable way to be a part of the "industry" as they call it, is to never make money with it.

You get a twofold joy by following this practice:
#1 - People will love to work with you, since you cost them nothing. As a result, more and more people want to work with you. Hence your skills improve at an astronomical rate.

#2 - People who struggle and fight and suffer to make money in your field will HATE you for reducing the overall financial worth of their skillset. And it is important to inspire passionate emotions in your fellow human beings!

So, remember all you aspiring models and photographers - Never ask for (or accept) a dime from anybody. Do it all for fun! The rewards of love and hate are endless!

I tend to charge models not in money, but their choice of giving me "hot sex" or "sushi" ... These options also give me a twofold benefit:
#1 - I save tons of money on condoms.
#2 - I'm getting much better with chopsticks.

Dec 24 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

E|||B wrote:
I tend to charge models not in money, but their choice of giving me "hot sex" or "sushi" ... These options also give me a twofold benefit:

Slaps head.  I would just make them pick up after me.

Dec 24 06 01:18 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

E|||B wrote:

that is hilarious....LOL....

Dec 24 06 01:19 am Link

Model

Chantelle Mathiasson

Carson City, Nevada, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

Slaps head.  I would just make them pick up after me.

hahahahahha...wooowww.....LOL

Dec 24 06 01:19 am Link

Photographer

Caspers Creations

Kansas City, Missouri, US

E|||B wrote:

I just laughed so hard that I shot diet pepsi from nose.....thanks.

Dec 24 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

t_lacki

Baku, Bakı, Azerbaijan

you are much better joker than a photographer, dude;)

Dec 24 06 01:26 am Link

Photographer

JM Dean

Cary, North Carolina, US

Think we can get the MUA, hair stylist and wardrobe stylist in on this deal? If so I’m game smile

Dec 24 06 01:28 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

JM Dean wrote:
Think we can get the MUA, hair stylist and wardrobe stylist in on this deal? If so I’m game smile

You are my hero.

Dec 24 06 01:30 am Link

Photographer

- null -

Caspers Creations wrote:

E|||B wrote:

I just laughed so hard that I shot diet pepsi from nose.....thanks.

All the more impressive because you weren't actually drinking any Diet Pepsi at the time, right?

Dec 24 06 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

See, I was believing you right up until the end - but we all know that sushi is eaten with the fingers, not chopsticks.

Dec 24 06 02:00 am Link

Model

Texas Jamie

San Marcos, Texas, US

Yeah.. doing TFP all the time would be great. But, paying rent is better smile

Dec 24 06 02:04 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

E|||B wrote:
If you are a model or photographer, the absolute best and most enjoyable way to be a part of the "industry" as they call it, is to never make money with it.

#1 - People will love to work with you, since you cost them nothing. As a result, more and more people want to work with you. Hence your skills improve at an astronomical rate.

#2 - People who struggle and fight and suffer to make money in your field will HATE you for reducing the overall financial worth of their skillset. And it is important to inspire passionate emotions in your fellow human beings!

So, remember all you aspiring models and photographers - Never ask for (or accept) a dime from anybody. Do it all for fun! The rewards of love and hate are endless!

Do you need an assistant?

Dec 24 06 02:08 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:
See, I was believing you right up until the end - but we all know that sushi is eaten with the fingers, not chopsticks.

Silly American!

Dec 24 06 02:09 am Link

Photographer

Jack D Trute

New York, New York, US

Did you ever watch the video?
http://www.youtube.com/w/sushi?v=E8c2fMDatoU

Dec 24 06 02:10 am Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Jack D Trute wrote:

Did you ever watch the video?
http://www.youtube.com/w/sushi?v=E8c2fMDatoU

Now this is pure genius.

Dec 24 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

My guess is that models/photographers who cann't afford to pay and that use tfp doesn't take away anyone's income  but actualy increase the number of those that will someday be interested enough to pay up when they are experienced  enough to see why it is in their best interests.The tfp shooters,the amatuers who just like shooting pretty girls,the group shooters and all the model wannabe beginners( and there is nothing wrong with being any of them} are just building interest and a larger customer base cost free  for those at the top of the food chain.

Dec 24 06 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

E|||B wrote:

Hmmm... maybe both as sushi can be an expensive meal....AND it gets you in the mood big time, specially if there is a saki-bomber or two with the meal. GREAT IDEA...

Dec 24 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Technically... it's eaten with "hashi"... smile

Dec 24 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

TFS - Time for Sushi?

Dec 24 06 07:54 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Where I come from we call sushi by another name - bait.

How about Time for Pizza, or Time for Tacos.

Better yet Time for Lasagna.

Dec 24 06 09:05 pm Link

Photographer

Sienna Hambleton

Toledo, Ohio, US

Damn, I just make them buy me stuff from the dollar menu at MickeyD's. Time to up the ante and demand filet mignon.

Dec 24 06 09:10 pm Link

Photographer

Paul Valach

Avondale, Arizona, US

Chantelle Gascoigne wrote:

that is hilarious....LOL....

hmmmmm... ok well i sent an email on this... we'll see..::shaking head side to side::::

Dec 25 06 03:15 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

guilded apprentice for the infamous "midnight taco run" ...

~ F

Dec 25 06 03:21 am Link

Model

DELETE ACCOUNT

Eškašem, Badakhshan, Afghanistan

E|||B, I could kiss you for that - grinned all the way through it!

Dec 25 06 03:21 am Link

Photographer

WZ Photography

Squamish, British Columbia, Canada

Jamie Garrett wrote:
Yeah.. doing TFP all the time would be great. But, paying rent is better smile

You just need to find a photographer/landlord.  Then all your problems would be solved, hahaha.

Dec 25 06 03:30 am Link

Photographer

- null -

KathyJean wrote:
E|||B, I could kiss you for that - grinned all the way through it!

Finally! A step-in-the-right-direction away from the sushi!

Dec 25 06 03:54 am Link

Model

Grace Face

mmmm time for sushi

what an awesome concept!

Dec 25 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

SKPhoto wrote:
Better yet Time for Lasagna.

"I never met a lasagna I didn't like"
- - - Garfield the Cat

Dec 25 06 09:09 am Link

Photographer

Gary Blanchette

Irvine, California, US

I started out with a tip jar, but last I saw of it a spider had taken up residence in it.

Ok, Sushi is good.......

Dec 25 06 09:19 am Link

Photographer

tripstar

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

I get paid in home baked chocolate chip cookies as usually I have to dance in order to get the hot sex... And after seeing me dance no one is ever interested in hot sex... or sushi for that matter.

Dec 25 06 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Lifestyle Photography

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

The government should declare that we are endangered species or national treasures so we are provided and protected for the rest or out lives to exchange services for free.

Dec 25 06 09:39 am Link

Photographer

JSVPhotography

Madison, Wisconsin, US

E|||B wrote:

Finally... I am a success!

Dec 25 06 09:48 am Link

Photographer

Luminos

Columbia, Maryland, US

Since I do this as a hobby, and refuse to accept paying or commercial work, I'm not a part of the "industry."

So I don't compete for any work that you would be looking for in terms of clients other than models.

If you are making your money from charging aspiring models for photographs, then you need to be very good to get them to do so.  This is called competition.

If you are not very good, then no amount of "unionization" to give them no other recourse but you is going to help you.

And if no one ever pays the models, or does TFP, then the learning path is gone, as is the financial incentive to go down it.

This isn't a professional model site.  Professional models use it to augment the work and to network. 

It isn't a professional photographer site.  Those on here are unlikely (operative word) to make a living solely from model wannabees.  So the real professional photographers also tend to use it for networking, watching for new and promising talent while it is still cheap or free, and to generally get their rocks off watching the mistakes of the newbies and the wannabies.

And if the photographers only charged, and the models only charged, then this site would go away.  Each would have their price lists, and neither would get any work.  There are no ad agencies active here, no industrial clients who watch the site for photographers, and no press photo editors who cruise the pages.

Welcome to reality.  Even on the internet, it can worm its way into the code.

Dec 25 06 10:14 am Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Alan from Aavian Prod wrote:
TFS - Time for Sushi?

What about the other TFS mentioned? Think really hard everyone...it will come to you, I'm sure!

His deal wouldn't work for me, though....I'm married, and don't eat fish.

I'd much rather prefer getting paid WHILE adding to my skills. Then again, wouldn't everyone?

Dec 25 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

TFS - Time for Sushi?

BeccaAnnPhotoGal wrote:
What about the other TFS mentioned? Think really hard everyone...it will come to you, I'm sure!

A Jewish gentleman would never speak of such things on the Christian Holy day!  Can't there be even a little decency from a democrat?

Dec 25 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

A Jewish gentleman would never speak of such things on the Christian Holy day!  Can't there be even a little decency from a democrat?

I just checked with my Rabbi who said, "and why, do you suppose, this is, hmmmm?"

Damn guy never gives a straight answer.

Dec 25 06 01:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Kuenley O

Chiang Mai, Northern, Thailand

Only in Washington smile

Dec 28 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

If I do both for money EMB will you hate me twice as much, and thus will the makeup sex be twice as good??

*winks*

Dec 28 06 10:19 pm Link

Model

Riannan

Seattle, Washington, US

This site is so fun.  I'm all about having fun with photo shoots and such.  Bring it on smile

Dec 28 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

SC_Michael

Columbia, Alabama, US

Stop the World, I want to get off.

Dec 28 06 10:33 pm Link