Forums > General Industry > 9 out of 10 were creepy?!?!

Photographer

RJ Raisch

Rochester, New York, US

Jessalyn wrote:
I would say that .... 1 in 10 for me is creepy by that description. Am I working with the wrong people?? Why don't these photographers I work with put out the "I want to have sex with you" vibe? I must not be bootylicious enough.

you're pretty.

Dec 22 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Fotticelli

Rockville, Maryland, US

Bondo Photo wrote:
I worked with a model this past weekend, and she mentioned that 9 out of 10 photographers she has worked with were "creepy", meaning that they had an underlying intention of having sex with her (I was the 1 by the way, not any of the 9). I was shocked to hear that ratio!

What does anyone else think? Maybe she's not thoroughly checking her references? Or maybe she just has the dumb luck of attracting creeps?

Yeah dude, shape up! Don't be that 1 of of 10. I give creep lessons. Tell her I said "Hello baby!"

Dec 22 06 07:24 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

If you think about it, our profession is creepy, We photograph  and leer at beautiful people , (mainly women) in  a state of flirtyness, sexiness, and desire. Yes ,I love beautiful women and am I attracted to them of course , I am a hetero guy, to say that I wasn't I would think that the model would get insulted because that would mean she is not doing her job!

Dec 22 06 07:58 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I've said it before, many times, and I'll probably say it again, any photographer who thinks horny thoughts during a nude shoot is simply not working hard enough and should examine his (her?) real moitives for shooting nudes.

Dec 22 06 08:33 pm Link

Model

Lee Frederic

Chicago, Illinois, US

Michael Pandolfo wrote:

Hey that wasn't a photo shoot. It was the set of the Jodie Foster film "The Accused." And that WAS creepy lol.

LOL what I meant was the photographer was like "do that! That's good!" Man I gotta be careful what I say on MM!!!

Dec 22 06 08:36 pm Link

Photographer

Duncan

New York, New York, US

Doug Lester wrote:
I've said it before, many times, and I'll probably say it again, any photographer who thinks horny thoughts during a nude shoot is simply not working hard enough and should examine his (her?) real moitives for shooting nudes.

It depends on your def. of horny thoughts , I appreciate the female human form and can easliy say that if it is a nice figure I am in no way "repulsed ' by it .

Dec 22 06 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Bondo Photo wrote:
I worked with a model this past weekend, and she mentioned that 9 out of 10 photographers she has worked with were "creepy", meaning that they had an underlying intention of having sex with her (I was the 1 by the way, not any of the 9). I was shocked to hear that ratio!

What does anyone else think? Maybe she's not thoroughly checking her references? Or maybe she just has the dumb luck of attracting creeps?

Maybe she'll tell that story to the next photographer. Only this time he'll be the 1 out of 10...

Dec 22 06 09:08 pm Link

Photographer

Aesthete Studios

Oakland, New Jersey, US

If the 9 (Nazgul?) were good looking they wouldn't be creepy. ;o)

Dec 22 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Rawhider Studios

Hillsboro, Texas, US

Lestari wrote:

hah.. same here.. my booty is not bootyfull. Or whatever kids these days says it!

But it makes the job done without them trying to have sex with me

If the photographer is trying to have sex with the model during the shoot, he's giving part time effort to two full time jobs.

Dec 22 06 09:35 pm Link

Photographer

studio_14

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

mcStudio wrote:
judging by the threads i see around MM:

best ass on MM

best breast on MM

models who sleep with photograhers

etc.

I say she is about right.

More disturbingly.. All those threads seem to be started by the same person.

Dec 22 06 11:39 pm Link

Photographer

James Andrew Imagery

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bondo Photo wrote:

Sounds like she has a fairly low bar set for what creepy means to her.  "He kept STARING at me through the viewfinder! It was SO creepy!"

Either that, or she's using reverse psychology to make up the tale to get anyone she shoots with to ensure that they 'behave and rise above that'.  Could be her own overblown exaggerated way of making her thoughts known on what kind of behavior she expects.

Dec 22 06 11:45 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

God I wish I were creepier = (

Dec 22 06 11:46 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

Collin J. Rae wrote:

I can't imagine foot fetish photoshoots EVER being creepy.lol sorry I had to say it.I don't find you creepy at all honestly.

Dec 22 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

Food 4 Less

Los Angeles, California, US

mcStudio wrote:
judging by the threads i see around MM:

best ass on MM

best breast on MM

models who sleep with photograhers

etc.

I say she is about right.

hehe, so true

Dec 22 06 11:56 pm Link

Photographer

James Barry

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Maybe she was secretly disappointed that you didn't try...after all, she was 9 for 9 before you...you broke her perfect record!!!

Dec 23 06 12:05 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Bondo Photo wrote:

Sounds like a case of "I'm so beautiful everyone just WANTS me!"

Some are just way to impressed with their own looks!

Dec 23 06 08:46 am Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Collin J. Rae wrote:

Just start talking to their feet and ignoring them....

Dec 23 06 08:51 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

Bondo Photo wrote:

If she doesn't like being looked at or having cameras pointed at her, then she shouldn't model.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 23 06 08:53 am Link

Model

Tiara Lestari

Jhanaydāh, Jhanaydāh, Bangladesh

Rawhider Studios wrote:

If the photographer is trying to have sex with the model during the shoot, he's giving part time effort to two full time jobs.

Hahhaha.. so its a full time job huh!!
I tought it takes less effort

Dec 23 06 08:59 am Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

Maybe she (the model) is the creepy one.

Dec 23 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Scott Harrill

Forest City, North Carolina, US

Aesthete Studios wrote:
If the 9 (Nazgul?) were good looking they wouldn't be creepy. ;o)

Bingo! I think she means creepy=old and uninteresting (to her).

Dec 23 06 09:24 am Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Maybe the model would think the same thing of museum visitors as they study at a painting.

Maybe the model confuses the photographers observation of the subject matter as something else.

Dec 23 06 11:50 am Link

Model

Kimberlyannqt

Branson, Missouri, US

Isn't everyone a little creepy, just get some good pictures and move on..

Dec 23 06 11:55 am Link