Forums > General Industry > Would I scare you away???

Photographer

jerrell edwards

Richmond, Virginia, US

Okay Ive been doing fashion for a while (since i was 17)
and as i started to get bored I wanted to do something new
Aside from God and my Family I love 3 major things in life: Women, weapons, and food
So since have swords chopping fruit may get old fast I started a deadly women with weapons series
It wasnt long b4 it because deadly women with weapons finding and whuppin the @$$es of unsuspecting men.
Thus my Naughty Panda series was born and Ive been trucking ever sense
on sites like deviantart I get 100 of thousands of hits, views, tags, and comments. at least several hundred people have me saved to their page and are watching me solely to see what new senerio Ill post up
And with a ton of swords and prop guns around my crib and a fountain of ideas Ive done about 200 shoots to date on the topic
sooo Here''s the question: does the Girls vs guy theme scare away the average person on here. Or rather would most models here just not want to do somthing like that?
Models..thoughts?
Photogs...thoughts?
I have a shot of a girl in a jrock outfit choking a guy with a bat in a parking deck and a model said it was "dominatrix" stuff. Now granted i have one dom style shoot in my gallery (you can easily tell which it is) but can ppl not tell the difference from fight and gun photos and whips and paddles photo?
Anyway all feed back is welcome
J

Dec 21 06 01:16 pm Link

Model

K Ann

Renton, Washington, US

I think the choking definitely falls under dominatrix. The threat of violence and suggestion of dominating another, I think, also falls under the category. Not that it's a bad thing...

Dec 21 06 01:20 pm Link

Model

JanineM

Miami, Arizona, US

I am always a fan of photographs that have the ability to tell a story. I like the woman alone with weapon shots! Always intriguing!! smile
Cheers!
-Janine M.

Dec 21 06 01:42 pm Link

Model

Shura

Jefferson City, Missouri, US

jerrell edwards wrote:
Okay Ive been doing fashion for a while (since i was 17)
and as i started to get bored I wanted to do something new
Aside from God and my Family I love 3 major things in life: Women, weapons, and food
So since have swords chopping fruit may get old fast I started a deadly women with weapons series
It wasnt long b4 it because deadly women with weapons finding and whuppin the @$$es of unsuspecting men.
Thus my Naughty Panda series was born and Ive been trucking ever sense
on sites like deviantart I get 100 of thousands of hits, views, tags, and comments. at least several hundred people have me saved to their page and are watching me solely to see what new senerio Ill post up
And with a ton of swords and prop guns around my crib and a fountain of ideas Ive done about 200 shoots to date on the topic
sooo Here''s the question: does the Girls vs guy theme scare away the average person on here. Or rather would most models here just not want to do somthing like that?
Models..thoughts?
Photogs...thoughts?
I have a shot of a girl in a jrock outfit choking a guy with a bat in a parking deck and a model said it was "dominatrix" stuff. Now granted i have one dom style shoot in my gallery (you can easily tell which it is) but can ppl not tell the difference from fight and gun photos and whips and paddles photo?
Anyway all feed back is welcome
J

If only you were in Los Angeles...

Dec 21 06 11:12 pm Link

Model

ElisAbEtH

Charleston, West Virginia, US

i would love to do something like this- so no, it doesn't scare me away. it's like the whole boris vallejo (don't know if you know him) but I absolutely love his art and I wish i could create stuff like that (minus all the nude stuff just because that isn't for me)

Dec 21 06 11:27 pm Link

Photographer

Grandart

Chicago, Illinois, US

The real question is what do you want to do? If you are a pro and you need to pay the rent at the end of the month, well that's one thing. If you're here to have a good time and the trust fund pays out in a few more days, that's another thing. This is not about wether your pics are good or bad, it is about what you want to do and what you need to achieve. So make a decision and then ask the question.

Dec 22 06 12:05 am Link