Forums > General Industry > Ok I feel stupid...

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Shawn Saylor wrote:
see no good deed goes unpunished!!!

WHAT A SHAME

so many good deeds treated with suspicion

Dec 19 06 06:32 pm Link

Photographer

far away

Jackson, Alabama, US

Damn! What a bitch.

Beautiful photo.

Dec 19 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

FosbreStudios

Medford, New Jersey, US

Next Halloween, smash some pumpkins at their house, then take picture of that too.....and we'll all be looking for that post next year so we can see the results  smile

Dec 19 06 06:35 pm Link

Photographer

D Freeman

Fresno, California, US

Don't take it personally, she was probably just having a bad day.  Anyone who came to the door would have received the same reception...even if it happened to be a neighbor giving a thoughtful present.  We've all had those moments, and I'm sure she felt like a total ass the second she got her fat butt back to the couch and had a moment to reflect. 

Next time you see her, give a wave and a smile, and she'll probably invite you in to rub your feet lol.

If she does't though.. go to the nearest corner store.. buy 2 dozen eggs, and 2 dozen rolls of TP, and then hand the bag, an address, and a $20 to the kids standing on the corner.  Tell them they'll get another $20 when the job is done, and then go home and enjoy the show.

Make sure to laugh the next time you wave... smile

Dec 19 06 06:37 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

You were nice to give her a picture.  Forget and forgive her reactions.

Dec 19 06 06:38 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Daguerre wrote:
It is also very possible ...
We never know what tragedy has afflicted those around us, or how we would react under such trying circumstances.

I would give her a pass and thank God we all have our own happy, comfortable lives. And hope we never know such pain that would blind us like this.

YES!
Make a beautiful print and write a nice letter to her, letting her know that the beauty of her lights inspired you.  And you would like to thank her with this gift.

Thanks for posting this answer
it's important to realise there is much more going on than WE know about and not just decide to call everyone names that doesn't act the way WE think they should

example comes to mind:
i had a gal friend arranging a surprise b day party for me 1995
it was annoying as she stole my address book to do it behind my back!!

she invited a very spiritual woman who simple said no she coulnt come  but have fun
well, she was furious she judged against that woman for years i still am not sure i realy like her like i had before !!
as the animosity toward her form my friend continued after that
why?
just that she hadnt been all gushing about how lovely my friend was being
she wasnt all thankful for the invite and impressed etc by her doing it for me  (she was a  celebrity in UK)

BUT i found out that when her husband was killed

funny ole life aye

Dec 19 06 06:39 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

thanks everyone. I do know her husband is alive and well he had left as i had pulled up. even on my worse days i present a smile and am reasonably happy and kind towards others even the annoying people that come to my door. i dont want to be anyones buzz kill.
well this will just be something i'll look back and shrug about it later. i was just really shocked as i wasnt expecting that reaction and it upset me. i'm feeling much better now.

Dec 19 06 06:45 pm Link

Photographer

Robb Radford

Margate, Florida, US

Change a couple of the light to colored lights since they are all white lol

Dec 19 06 06:47 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

your photo is lovely
and your action was sweet as could be

wink

what you describe is a good lesson for readers

LOL

is just that people are not here to conform to some scrpit that we subsconsciously hold for them

it is hard when you get a mismatch though thats a mini lesson!!!!!!!!!

Dec 19 06 06:47 pm Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
your photo is lovely
and your action was sweet as could be

wink

what you describe is a good lesson for readers

LOL

is just that people are not here to conform to some scrpit that we subsconsciously hold for them

it is hard when you get a mismatch though thats a mini lesson!!!!!!!!!

...here, here. You da girl!
Awesome photo and act of kindness.
...the ole bag probably is an Al Quida operative.

Dec 19 06 06:57 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Damn, it's not like you took a picture of the woman screwing around on her husband or anything...lol.  No need for her to be nasty to you.  She should've been flattered that you liked her decorations that much, and she should've been grateful to you for offering her the picture.  Snobby people SUCK!

Dec 19 06 07:11 pm Link

Model

MissMM

Connellsville, Pennsylvania, US

How rude. I think it's a great pic. If you did that to my mother, she's probably thank you & offer you cookies or something.

Dec 19 06 07:21 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
thanks everyone. I do know her husband is alive and well he had left as i had pulled up. even on my worse days i present a smile and am reasonably happy and kind towards others even the annoying people that come to my door...

Its not always the husband, sometimes the daughter.  And its not always death, but sometimes something worse.  If you can present a smile on your worst day yet, then you can count yourself nothing more than lucky.  There are people living with pain beyond your comprehension.  In those worlds, smiles are not possible.

This is a thread about assumptions.  And the fools that assume to know the story when clearly the deatils do not exist.  TooCool, you've presented nothing more that a woman who was either rude or in pain.  We don't know which.  It just doesn't matter.  But you did a good thing-- you did your part.  Your only duty is to do your part, and hope that the rest of us do ours.  Maybe we will, and maybe we won't.  But you can sleep like a baby tonite knowing you did yours.  Don't ruin that by feeling bad about someone else's behavior that you do not understand.

Dec 19 06 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Dec 19 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Giacomo Cirrincioni

Stamford, Connecticut, US

I would never recommend vengeance - because that's wrong.  And I'm glad you are a person of strong moral fiber - I respect that.  A lesser person would go over there at night and spell the word cunt in gasoline on the lawn where the snow is.  That unscrupulous fellow might use a LOT of gas to do that and the sweep the snow over it to cover it up.

And leave.

Come spring the grass would grow green everywhere except where the gasoline was applied.

I'm glad to know you would never do that...

Dec 19 06 08:31 pm Link

Model

ak68

Bossier City, Louisiana, US

ya know, some people just like to be assholes just because.  They don't have to have a reason. Sometimes they don't even realize they are being mean.  However, I love the image. I would love to have you come and shoot my house. smile don't worry about it and just realize you aren't an asshole like the home owner and be glad of it.

One idea though: you could make a post card using THAT house and mail it to her. lol. Ok,,that would probably start trouble but I think it is funny.  My sense of humor isn't appreciated by many either so don't take my idea and run with it.

happy holidays
ak

Dec 19 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

Huynh Photography wrote:
ungrateful bitches. you should egg her house and then reshoot. that would teach that biatch a hard lesson.

hahaha

Dec 19 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

I'd just say let it go...

Repaying meanness with meanness isn't effective. Well maybe if you're eliminating someone, but this sort of situation hardly rates that sort of response smile

Enjoy the spirit of Christmas as it was intended and try shooting someone else's place...maybe you'll make a new friend. I think some people rot themselves from inside. Just avoid them when you can.

Dec 19 06 08:52 pm Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
There's a house down the street from me they had their decorations I thought it looked all pretty with the snow so I snapped a shot....and well I thought I'd be nice and give them a copy of it, just cause I'm nice and it's the Christmas season. So I went today to give them the picture after all it IS their house, and I told her I was a aspiring photographer handed her the picture and she was very rude and said "I don't think so!!!" I was like errrr you don't have to buy it I just thought I'd give it to you since it is your house, I'm sorry if I made you mad"  And she just said all pissy like "WELL THANK YOU BYE!"
eesh last time I be nice....So my kind heart bites me in the ass once again.

Can they do anything?? I'd hope not...
sorry for the lame post...I probably should of just kept it to myself.
This is the picture I took

That is a gorgeous photograph!!  Don't worry about how ungrateful she was.  You know that what you were doing was nice, and you have a kind heart smile

I don't know why someone would act like that.  Maybe she was in the middle of an argument at home, or maybe you caught her at a bad time?

Either way, you were just being nice.  You're such a sweet person!  And Merry Christmas to you smile

Dec 19 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

yea i have to big of a heart to be so mean:( I'm just too nice hence why this happened anyways.

Dec 19 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

BCADULTART

Boston, Massachusetts, US

By the time you become a "professional photographer" you will have have learned to NEVER be nice and kill all subjects that you photograph....LOL.  Just kidding, sort of.

You really can't resell the photo unless you take the house number out of the image.  Then if you try to sell it or sell it, NEVER tell the owner of the house.

Advice from a "Pro".

Dec 19 06 08:58 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

BCADULTART wrote:
You really can't resell the photo unless you take the house number out of the image.  Then if you try to sell it or sell it, NEVER tell the owner of the house.

Advice from a "Pro".

A decidedly dishonest approach.  Not a great definition of a "pro".

Dec 19 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

Paramour Productions wrote:
I would never recommend vengeance - because that's wrong.  And I'm glad you are a person of strong moral fiber - I respect that.  A lesser person would go over there at night and spell the word cunt in gasoline on the lawn where the snow is.  That unscrupulous fellow might use a LOT of gas to do that and the sweep the snow over it to cover it up.

And leave.

Come spring the grass would grow green everywhere except where the gasoline was applied.

I'm glad to know you would never do that...

Its scarry to know you know how to do that!

Dec 19 06 09:13 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Mike Vinereanu wrote:
how about some toilet paper?
TEEPEE!!!

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
Teepee wouldn't be a bad idea, but I just can't see myself doing it, you can though:)

Don't let Queeniee talk you into doing that... or wear a disguise!  I heard that there's a photographer across the street that takes pictures of that house!

Dec 19 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:

Mike Vinereanu wrote:
how about some toilet paper?
TEEPEE!!!

Don't let Queeniee talk you into doing that... or wear a disguise!  I heard that there's a photographer across the street that takes pictures of that house!

Yea that photographer might make a print of it and give it to the owner *snicker*

Dec 19 06 10:41 pm Link

Photographer

MF productions

San Jose, California, US

some people are just dicks

Dec 19 06 10:45 pm Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Wow... shitheads, eh?

I took a real chance once.  I was at a park, shooting seagulls (don't ask).  While there, an older couple came along with the young grand-daughter.  I took a few shots of grampa and the girl interacting... and dammit I got a winner.  I walked over and said, hope you don't mind, but I got a great shot of you two and if you'd like a copy I can provide it.  In hindsight, that could've gone bad in a number of ways.  However, they were completely thrilled and loved the shot(s).

Continue to do random acts of kindness... they don't all go bad.

Dec 19 06 10:53 pm Link

Makeup Artist

NdeyeFace

Los Angeles, California, US

TooCoolQueeniee wrote:
sorry for the lame post...I probably should of just kept it to myself.

Nice picture. Make it an annual thing lol jk... Well she's mean, you're intentions were genuine. Don't feel bad...
She's among the naughty... No presents from Santa this year. You know what she knows that already maybe that's why she was bad... lol

tsk tsk tsk....

xoxo
C.

Dec 19 06 10:54 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Lol...she's the one who should feel stupid...and I bet she does for being such a bitch.

Dec 19 06 10:59 pm Link

Photographer

Rahim The Photographer

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

Drink some milk..
Ring her doorbell..
when she answers, spit in her face (milk spit) and give her the finger.
If she has a little dog, kick it hard.

Dec 19 06 11:03 pm Link

Photographer

Rahim The Photographer

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

OR

get a couple of cans of spray paint.. tage her house with a giant penis.. and re-do the photo

Dec 19 06 11:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

NdeyeFace

Los Angeles, California, US

Mercy Studio wrote:
Drink some milk..
Ring her doorbell..
when she answers, spit in her face (milk spit) and give her the finger.
If she has a little dog, kick it hard.

lmao...

Dec 19 06 11:08 pm Link

Model

JuliaGulia

Syracuse, Indiana, US

What a bitch.....'tis the season!

Dec 19 06 11:09 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Lol...she's the one who should feel stupid...and I bet she does for being such a bitch.

Don't assume that to be true Kaitlin, people like that rarely realize that they sound like scrooges.

Dec 19 06 11:11 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

dude those people are psychotic.If someone gave me a pic like that I'd be very appreciative.I think it looks great.

Dec 19 06 11:16 pm Link

Model

Alli Michelle

Miami, Florida, US

Mercy Studio wrote:
OR

get a couple of cans of spray paint.. tage her house with a giant penis.. and re-do the photo

that sounds like something my friends would do

Dec 19 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

Artistic Vision

Billings, Montana, US

Some of you I'd hate to piss you off as to what you'd do in revenge lol.

Dec 20 06 12:04 am Link