Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > The Lincoln project

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

It will be interesting to see what the Lincoln Project does next.

Trump lost. I know his minions are having trouble with that, but he lost by a larger margin in 2020 than he won 2016. (IMHO, If the democrats had run a decent candidate in 2016 -anybody but Clinton- none of this would have happened--Trump didnt win, Clinton -and the democrats-  lost)

But, back to the Lincoln Project. They have accomplished their stated goal. Will they now switch (I hope) to assuring Trump can NEVER return to national politics?

Without Billy Barr running interference for Trump at the DOJ, it will be interesting to see what happens to the obstruction findings in the Mueller report.

Nov 29 20 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

LightDreams wrote:
Notice the constant "auto-repeat" pattern that Tony has developed...
[...]

Tony has a habit of trying to justify disgusting behavior by pointing out other folks disgusting behavior.

Tony---two "wrongs" STILL dont make a "right".

I can name COUNTLESS racist pigs who are currently in office---doesnt justify even ONE more...

Wrong is wrong, regardless of who does it or when it is done. People make mistakes--- some folks learn from those mistakes and change- others double down.

Nov 29 20 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
You don't think I could find democrats from low level to high who were busted in scandals...illegal payoffs... and campaign contributions from foreign governments? very easily. Hillary was ordered to turn over evidence by the FBI and she actually destroyed the evidence. you...and me...we would be buried UNDER the prison.

the terms you use against Trump, conman, liar, could be painted against pretty much every other politician because they mostly all partake in the same stuff.

so ...you sound like a member of the crips, complaining about the crimes of the bloods. you think YOUR guys are innocent on their say so.  ignorance.... all .....around.

Your opinion is merely that Tony, yet the fact remains, he is still a convicted conman.
And if all the 'evidence' you speak of actually exists, the courts would have already convicted these 'guilty' parties you speak of, that's how crime and convictions work.

*BREAKING NEWS* Not every conspiracy theory is reality just because it appeals to your way of thinking Tony.
If you honestly think tRump's inability to accept the overwhelming defeat in this election is an indication he is of sound mind and that it actually endorses his position as a great leader (in your mind), you're delusional.

Nov 29 20 07:22 pm Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Greenville, South Carolina, US

rfordphotos wrote:
Trump lost. I know his minions are having trouble with that, /quote]
Your side never accepted his win, pot meet kettle.

Nov 29 20 10:25 pm Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

JustHenry wrote:
Your side never accepted his win, pot meet kettle.

Wisconsin recount confirms Biden’s win over Trump, cementing the president’s failure to change the election results

By Rosalind S. Helderman
and Amy Gardner
November 29, 2020 at 8:43 a.m. PST
----  https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics … story.html

The recount of presidential ballots in Wisconsin’s two largest counties reconfirmed Sunday that President-elect Joe Biden beat President Trump in the key swing state by more than 20,000 votes, the latest example of the president’s flailing efforts to undo the election results.

The completion of the recount — which the Trump campaign had requested — added to a pileup of defeats for the president as he continues to attack Biden’s national victory, claiming without evidence that widespread fraud tainted the results. His campaign has vowed to appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court, though it has yet to do so, while suffering losses nearly every day in state and federal courts.

After the completion of the recount in Wisconsin’s Milwaukee County on Friday and Dane County on Sunday, there was little change in the final breakdown of the more than 800,000 ballots that had been cast in the two jurisdictions. In the end, Biden’s lead over Trump in the state grew by 87 votes.

Under Wisconsin law, Trump was required to foot the bill — meaning his campaign paid $3 million, only to see Biden widen his margin.

With the recount concluded, the president is rapidly running out of opportunities to try to slow Biden’s march to the presidency.

Four of the six states where Trump has questioned the results have already certified their vote tallies. His efforts to stop Michigan officials from finalizing the vote there earlier this month ran aground. A hand recount of ballots in Georgia confirmed Biden’s win in that state. A second recount there will conclude Wednesday, but Georgia election officials do not expect it to significantly change Biden’s approximately 12,000-vote margin.

Meanwhile, two new court decisions in Pennsylvania late last week rejected the Trump campaign’s attempts to halt the vote count in that state, the latest in a series of forceful judicial opinions that have tossed out claims by the president and his allies around the country.

Nov 29 20 11:30 pm Link

Photographer

Modelphilia

Hilo, Hawaii, US

To all of those who seem to find it necessary to try to shut down or respond angrily to "Tony From Syracuse" :

It really *isn't necessary*. You will obviously never change his thought patterns, and there really are better things you could be doing on this forum than to get into all of these ugly exchanges.

PLEASE JUST IGNORE HIM!

Once he finds that no one thinks enough of his views to be bothered with what he thinks, he'll go away and find someplace where he can vent his spleen to a different audience. As long as you keep engaging with him, he will mess with your mind and with this forum.

He wants an antagonistic response. Don't give him one, and you will open up all sorts of possibilities for a decent exchange of ideas. Mo bettah, no?

Nov 29 20 11:52 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

Ah, but the problem happens when one side is dictating what the facts/alternative facts are.

Facts don't care what your opinion is, nor does it care about beliefs.

That's what makes them facts. "Alternative facts" are opinions at best.

Nov 30 20 12:45 am Link

Photographer

Fleming Design

East Hartford, Connecticut, US

Modelphilia wrote:
To all of those who seem to find it necessary to try to shut down or respond angrily to "Tony From Syracuse" :

It really *isn't necessary*. You will obviously never change his thought patterns, and there really are better things you could be doing on this forum than to get into all of these ugly exchanges.

PLEASE JUST IGNORE HIM!

Once he finds that no one thinks enough of his views to be bothered with what he thinks, he'll go away and find someplace where he can vent his spleen to a different audience. As long as you keep engaging with him, he will mess with your mind and with this forum.

He wants an antagonistic response. Don't give him one, and you will open up all sorts of possibilities for a decent exchange of ideas. Mo bettah, no?

I agree.  Both Tony and JustHenry have consumed the trump koolaid and refresh that with their daily trump suppositories.  Why waste the effort?  Ignore them.

Nov 30 20 08:49 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

"JustHenry wrote:
Your side never accepted his win, pot meet kettle."

Clinton conceded the next day.

Tell it to the Golden Goose.

Nov 30 20 09:20 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Modelphilia wrote:

PLEASE JUST IGNORE HIM!

Yes and no.

Engaging MAGATS is futile. Like pigs, you get dirty and the pigs like it. They do deserve ridicule for their slavish devotion to a lying buffoon of an autocrat manque who tantrum tweets in the middle of the night. The object is not to persuade them. It is for the record, and the benefit of the non-commenting lurkers who might be misled by their nonsense.

And for the record, anyone who watches trump in real time for 15 minutes and does not conclude he is completely unfit and unqualified as president and human being, is an IDIOT. Anyone.

Nov 30 20 09:34 am Link

Clothing Designer

Baanthai

Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand

Focuspuller wrote:
And for the record, anyone who watches trump in real time for 15 minutes and does not conclude he is completely unfit and unqualified as president and human being, is an IDIOT. Anyone.

Yes. And it’s also important to remember, lest we not learn from history, that oh how the German people adored their little fuhrer.

Nov 30 20 10:00 am Link

Photographer

JustHenry

Greenville, South Carolina, US

Focuspuller wrote:
"JustHenry wrote:
Your side never accepted his win, pot meet kettle."

Clinton conceded the next day.

Tell it to the Golden Goose.

The quote I was responding to referred to President Trump's minions, not Trump.  My response referred to Hillary's minions, not Hillary.

Nov 30 20 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Baanthai wrote:

Yes. And it’s also important to remember, lest we not learn from history, that oh how the German people adored their little fuhrer.

At least Hitler was a charismatic, enthralling speaker. Watching the films, you could understand the hypnotic spell.

But watching the orange-tinted clown ineptly mug on stage at his mob rallies is a Chaplinesque CARICATURE of a mesmerizing demagogue. What was it, MAGATS, that hooked you? When he dry-humped the flag on stage, or mockingly imitated a handicapped journalist?

Do tell us, please.

Nov 30 20 10:14 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Many here won't agree with Tony but I assure all his views are shared by MILLIONS of other Americans.   We may think he's foolish and a Trump cultist but we have to live with these people.   The question is how do we reach them?   I seem to recall Trump saying he could shoot someone and not lose voters.   Currently almost every legal challenge he's presented has been thrown out.   Yet his supporters still feel he was cheated.  We can't sway people by calling them stupid or racist though.   However I get how people looking at these folks feel.  When you have one side saying all of MSM is fake news and that Trump grabbing puss# wasn't real and his bigoted and ugly remarks and actions aren't what we can all see...

Years ago when I said something stupid a friend didn't criticize me.  He asked why I felt as I did.  He asked me questions about my view.   He never said I was wrong.   He offered reasoned counter arguments and facts.   This won't work with some people and may not work with most but this election Biden who was one of the weakest Democratic candidates ever, won more of the popular vote then any presidential candidate in history.   People were voting for Biden as a protest against Trump.   https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcev … 780c357c3a   The idea is to talk to those we disagree with.   Hear them out.   Ask them questions about their opinions.

Nov 30 20 10:32 am Link

Photographer

IMAGINERIES

New York, New York, US

Focuspuller wrote:

At least Hitler was a charismatic, enthralling speaker. Watching the films, you could understand the hypnotic spell.

But watching the orange-tinted clown ineptly mug on stage at his mob rallies is a Chaplinesque CARICATURE of a mesmerizing demagogue. What was it, MAGATS, that hooked you? When he dry-humped the flag on stage, or mockingly imitated a handicapped journalist?

Do tell us, please.

I think that maybe you don't care for the man.....But he will fade away.. Not without making a lots of noise! The greatest state man in history...We are doomed ..blah blah..
My main concern is the 70 plus millions who voted for him....I really worry about that!!

Nov 30 20 10:47 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

JustHenry wrote:
The quote I was responding to referred to President Trump's minions, not Trump.  My response referred to Hillary's minions, not Hillary.

And wrong. There was no serious refusal to accept the FACT of trump's win. Shock, yes. Anger, yes. Refusal to accept the election? NO. Democrats holding mock hearings challenging the election? NO.

Nov 30 20 11:15 am Link

Photographer

Rik Williams

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Focuspuller wrote:

And wrong. There was no serious refusal to accept the FACT of trump's win. Shock, yes. Anger, yes. Refusal to accept the election? NO. Democrats holding mock hearings challenging the election? NO.

^^^^THIS^^^^
And the fact that rational people live within the realm of what most would regard as being reality, there really wasn't much choice in the matter Henry.

Nov 30 20 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

IMAGINERIES wrote:
My main concern is the 70 plus millions who voted for him....I really worry about that!!

The mixed messages from the party are not helping to ameliorate the situation..
Some are demanding reeducation camps, some just a homily and others
calling for unity. Common ground?

Nov 30 20 01:19 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

nwprophoto wrote:
The mixed messages from the party are not helping to ameliorate the situation..
Some are demanding reeducation camps, some just a homily and others
calling for unity. Common ground?

For those who are just completely mystified as to what on earth he's referring to, or those that were also completely surprised to hear how Democrats "never accepted Trump's election results", here's some background...

Well meaning people are being deliberately fed some rather "unique" versions of the news, specifically with the intention of getting them into a certain "mindset", for lack of a better word.

In the case of accepting the elections, news outlets that specifically wanted to plant the idea that denying the election results was not unusual, and just reasonable "payback" (for something that never actually happened), deliberately revised history for their viewers.

Instead of Democratic supporters not being happy with Trump's actions and statements as President, they pushed the right wing media line that changed it to "they never ACCEPTED the 2016 election as legitimate".  A deliberate falsehood by the media that chose to spread that story, as it helps with the "just as bad" (false) justification and that, therefore, Trump and Trump supporters are "being perfectly reasonable" in denying the 2020 election results.

So you get reasonable people, who believe what they keep hearing on their particular choice of media "news", and think this is all true.

In the case of the "Re-education camps for Republicans", the right wing media, back in January, actually found a complete nutcase (who seems to believe in violence, etc), that actually worked for the Sanders campaign out in Iowa.  And he spouted all sorts of absurdities, including this crap.  So while the left gets upset about stuff actually said and done by the President, the right wing media pushed this one absolute nutcase's wild statements.

So again, you ended up with reasonable people, who have now been repeatedly fed the claim that "some sections of the Democratic party are demanding re-education camps for Republicans" (say whaaa?).

I DON'T blame those who've taken this stuff at face value.  Karl Rover was famously credited with making use of it and pushing the (then) Republican campaign strategy of "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" (originally supposedly said by Joseph Goebbels).

But I definitely DO have a problem with media and political operations that KNOW they're pushing deliberate lies, in order to create a specific false narrative in the mind of their followers.  Unfortunately, they have been VERY successful at it.  Specifically with viewers that tend to rely on certain media "news" sources.

Just my two cents worth!

Nov 30 20 03:49 pm Link

Photographer

nwprophoto

Tonasket, Washington, US

LightDreams wrote:
For those who are just completely mystified as to what on earth he's referring to,

It was one of those tongue in cheek reactions to the suggestion that there are 70 million apparatchiks out there.
Read everyone of those suggestions multiple times in the media BTW.

Nov 30 20 04:21 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

LightDreams wrote:

nwprophoto wrote:
In the case of the "Re-education camps for Republicans", the right wing media, back in January, actually found a complete nutcase (who seems to believe in violence, etc), that actually worked for the Sanders campaign out in Iowa.  And he spouted all sorts of absurdities, including this crap.  So while the left gets upset about stuff actually said and done by the President, the right wing media pushed this one absolute nutcase's wild statements.

So again, you ended up with reasonable people, who have now been repeatedly fed the claim that "some sections of the Democratic party are demanding re-education camps for Republicans" (say whaaa?).

Well that complete nutcase would have to be AOC. AOC suggested creating a database of Trump supporters for blacklisting. she mentioned they might try and delete pro-Trump statements from social media so they should be saved to use against them. and the situation can be cartoonized by using over the top phrasing like re-education camps, but lets be realistic. I know none of us imagined all the mayhem caused by liberals who ushered in an almost kristallnacht-lite version of canceling and calling for heads and jobs of people associated with Trump or conservatism
and this new modern day version of book burning via social media censorship of conservatives.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thinks people need to collate information on anyone who might ever have said anything positive about Trump — lest such people scrub their records and try to pretend they were critical of Trump all along.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/aoc-co-s- … -trumpies/

with all the canceling and censoring going on by the liberal nuts you cant laugh it off. thats literally the MO of the democratic party. cancel/censor

Nov 30 20 05:09 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Easy "Fact Check" on Tony's latest...

While I do NOT support AOC's comments, her surrounding tweets did make the context quite clear.  She was specifically referring ONLY to those who WORKED in the Trump Administration, AND that had actively tweeted (or equivalent) support for some of his more outrageous moves, but who THEN may try and delete those specific posts in the future, in an attempt to pretend that they didn't really support some of his crazier moves.

Facts (and context) matter.

So, of course, Tony, now that you definitely know the facts, you will never try and make that claim again.  Right...?

It's not like you're going to make that claim, again and again, deliberately trying to mislead people in the future (now that you know the easily checked actual facts).   Or anything like that...

Are you up to the task?

Nov 30 20 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

deleted

Nov 30 20 05:59 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

LightDreams wrote:

nwprophoto wrote:

Well that complete nutcase would have to be AOC. AOC suggested creating a database of Trump supporters for blacklisting. she mentioned they might try and delete pro-Trump statements from social media so they should be saved to use against them. and the situation can be cartoonized by using over the top phrasing like re-education camps, but lets be realistic. I know none of us imagined all the mayhem caused by liberals who ushered in an almost kristallnacht-lite version of canceling and calling for heads and jobs of people associated with Trump or conservatism
and this new modern day version of book burning via social media censorship of conservatives.

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez thinks people need to collate information on anyone who might ever have said anything positive about Trump — lest such people scrub their records and try to pretend they were critical of Trump all along.

https://nypost.com/2020/11/11/aoc-co-s- … -trumpies/

with all the canceling and censoring going on by the liberal nuts you cant laugh it off. thats literally the MO of the democratic party. cancel/censor

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh please. What administration doesn't replace political appointees?

What administrations have NOT done before is this:

TRUMP JUST SIGNED AN EXECUTIVE ORDER LETTING HIM PURGE THOUSANDS OF FEDERAL WORKERS FOR DISLOYALTY

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10 … schedule-f

Why is government for the exclusive benefit of the Leader and his family of grifters so appealing to the credulous hordes?

And do you REALLY want to talk about nut cases? Has Ghouliani already returned to native soil?

Nov 30 20 06:18 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Connery

El Segundo, California, US

LightDreams wrote:
Facts (and context) matter.

Sadly, this is not as true as one might hope. sad

Nov 30 20 06:38 pm Link

Photographer

Modelphilia

Hilo, Hawaii, US

Focuspuller wrote:
Ghouliani

LOL, Perfect!

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Many here won't agree with Tony but I assure all his views are shared by MILLIONS of other Americans.   We may think he's foolish and a Trump cultist but we have to live with these people.   The question is how do we reach them? 
. . .
Years ago when I said something stupid a friend didn't criticize me.  He asked why I felt as I did.  He asked me questions about my view.   He never said I was wrong.   He offered reasoned counter arguments and facts.   This won't work with some people and may not work with most  . . .  The idea is to talk to those we disagree with.   Hear them out.   Ask them questions about their opinions.

YES, respectful engagement with one another is something that is a bit too rare in our society –or, rather, in what is left of of it. It is only when we reach this sort of soclial and political enlightenment that we will begin to heal the deep rifts we now encounter at every turn. May this sentiment and analysis take root and grow. We need it!

Dec 01 20 01:27 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

0h never mind

Dec 01 20 11:01 am Link