Forums > General Industry > Paypal question..PLEASE help..

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

For photographers who use paypal, please help me. This is my first time using PP because usually I just get the money in person, but I had a client that just needed some pictures retouched. I didnt take the pictures, just retouched them. Well, she sent over my payment and Im trying to get the money transfered over to my banka ccount but I think I may have a problem.

When I signed up for PayPal, I didnt put my real name. I never put my real name on anythign when I sign up online. However, I did put my correct bank account number, bank name..etc.

So when I went to press submit to send over the money, I see that it has the fake name I put with my real bank info. Now it also says that make sure all info is correct because if not, it will not go through and it will be a fee.

Im wondering will the transaction still go through if I have the right accoutn number and stuff, but just a diffrent name? It would be like a deposit right where usually whoever the disposit is from does not matter. Anyone else ever did this? I may have just really effed up...lol. Help me!

Dec 18 06 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

PerceptionZ Studio

Havana, Arkansas, US

Mos Photography wrote:
For photographers who use paypal, please help me. This is my first time using PP because usually I just get the money in person, but I had a client that just needed some pictures retouched. I didnt take the pictures, just retouched them. Well, she sent over my payment and Im trying to get the money transfered over to my banka ccount but I think I may have a problem.

When I signed up for PayPal, I didnt put my real name. I never put my real name on anythign when I sign up online. However, I did put my correct bank account number, bank name..etc.

So when I went to press submit to send over the money, I see that it has the fake name I put with my real bank info. Now it also says that make sure all info is correct because if not, it will not go through and it will be a fee.

Im wondering will the transaction still go through if I have the right accoutn number and stuff, but just a diffrent name? It would be like a deposit right where usually whoever the disposit is from does not matter. Anyone else ever did this? I may have just really effed up...lol. Help me!

Contact paypal, tell them the issue, and they will help you resolve it... Paypal has always been very reliable for me... Another thing you can do, is to refund the client's money, set up a new account with your real info, and have the client send the money again to the new account.

Dec 18 06 06:09 pm Link

Model

Bryanna Nova

Milford, New Jersey, US

One reason Paypal is reliable because of their verification process - you need to contact them to straighten it out.. they may ask you to fax a copy of your photo ID to them to prove you are who you say you are.

Good luck ;o)

Tracy

Dec 18 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Moraxian

Germantown, Maryland, US

What you can do is set up another PayPal account with your real name, send the money to the real name one, then drop the old one.  You'll pay the transfer fee, but it's better than $0.

That, or go buy some stuff on Ebay and pay with PayPal.

Dec 18 06 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Mos Photography wrote:
...snip...
For photographers who use paypal, please help me. This is my first time using PP because usually I just get the money in person, but I had a client that just needed some pictures retouched. I didnt take the pictures, just retouched them. Well, she sent over my payment and Im trying to get the money transfered over to my banka ccount but I think I may have a problem.... ...snip....

I think the one thing you should be worried about is what you did. If you DIDN'T have permission of the person who took the photographs, You shouldnt be doing any retouching.

Dec 18 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

wishingtree photography

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

you should check with paypal -- the transfer may go through as long as your paypal account is verified.  have you ever used it to transfer money in or out?

my paypal account is set up in a trade name, and the account it is linked to has my personal name, and i have never had a problem.  but my own name is also in the system at paypal so it may not be quite your situation.

Dec 18 06 11:07 pm Link