Forums > General Industry > I got my first scam :)

Model

Adieu

"If you are interested to photographer/Model/Stylist/makeup in a FASHION SHOW IN UK and All Expenses Are Paid no Fees/Charges, and also paid job for the First Fashion Show in 2007, the dates are from 3rd - 8th January 2007.... and i think you are fit for it."

Dec 18 06 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

Woo hoo! Congratulations. Now you know you've made it smile

Dec 18 06 04:36 pm Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

lol, I got the same exact thing.

Dec 18 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

Monica Jay wrote:
"If you are interested to photographer/Model/Stylist/makeup in a FASHION SHOW IN UK and All Expenses Are Paid no Fees/Charges, and also paid job for the First Fashion Show in 2007, the dates are from 3rd - 8th January 2007.... and i think you are fit for it."

*feels left out*

I'm "interested to photographer in a FASHION SHOW IN UK..."

Dec 18 06 04:42 pm Link

Model

Nicolas E

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Got it

Dec 18 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I must be a NOBODY!!!

EVERYBODY IN THE WORLD gets 2 things in thier lifetime:

1.  Mailed notifications that 'you may already be a winner' from Publishers Clearing House.

2.  Various nigerian 419 email scams.

I never get any of those.  I must be a nobody!

Dec 18 06 05:00 pm Link

Model

_Absentia_

Austin, Indiana, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
I must be a NOBODY!!!

1.  Mailed notifications that 'you may already be a winner' from Publishers Clearing House.

Yep.  Thats pretty much it, you must be a nobody tongue
Kidding.  Maybe you're just so tough and superior, people are scared to mess with you!
Think of it like that smile
I would if I were you! hehe.

Dec 18 06 05:02 pm Link

Photographer

Bruce Muir

Potomac, Maryland, US

i find these daily on CL...the only catch is they want TFP with one-2 days  notice.

Dec 18 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

thatsphotography

Ponce Inlet, Florida, US

i think it shd be called Spam... but correct me if i'm wrong...

sigh... i'm not good enough to get spam yet sad

Dec 18 06 05:10 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
welcome to the club, you can check your coat over there and betty will be out in a few to take your drink order..

Dec 18 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

Monica Jay wrote:

I think that one is for REAL, you better respond - before it is too late.

Dec 18 06 11:17 pm Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

you want the email  for a bigger penis too?

Dec 18 06 11:19 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

This one is by far my favorite...Just received it this weekend.

Compliments,
                    OFFER AS A REGIONAL MODEL REPRESENTATIVE AND ACCOUNT MANAGER

Introduction:
We are a group of an upcoming modelling co-operate formerly under velux,which was founded in 1965 by Villum Kann Rasmussen. Enterprenurship is a goal of accomplishment from one man contemplating a dark roof space of a school building to a global company operating in just about every market in which our products and services are applicable.

Our Quality Focus:

Our vision is to convince and make models all over the world that the roof windows and skylights are the source of optimum living and working space. This is now expressed in the following way:

To lead the development of developing a potential models to achieving their dreams actually with daylight and fresh air through the roof of their success going by their career and living on to being who they have always wanted to be.
Vacancy:

Due to the hidden beauty undiscovered our company has decided to make the passion for modelling a great deal to those who think it will never happen in  US, Canada and UK coupled with our formulation strategies to fetch out each individual models to make a living out of their passionate potentials and market their unseen reality and features segment a true reality, we are advertising for the position of model representative and account manager in US, CANADA and UK axis.

Benefits:
- Basic salary of 60,000 United States Dollars per annual (Negotiable,i.e., 5,000.00 USD monthly)
- 4% bonus on total sales of company products quarterly upon sales office establishment.
- Plus 10% commission on proceeds made to you on behalf of the company by our customers/clients via your regional sales office.

Job Description:
As a Model Representative and Account Manager in US, Canada and UK axis, and applicant shall be obliged to the following:

1. Initial set up and maintenance of a regional sales office. The company will be responsible for ALL costs including phone and other charges.
2. Assume responsibility for the office.
3.Lastly, contacting clients on behalf of the company who are ready to model and support the company's progress.

YOUR TASK
We have decided to open this new job position for solving the problems as follows:

1. Receive payment from sponsors
2. Cash Payment at your Bank from sponsors
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the advent for the project to be completed as it is a project that has just begin,you will be contacted to send payment to.(Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gramm or Western Union Money Transfer).www.westernunion.com Local Money transfers take barely hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately.
For example you've got 3000.00USD, you take your income: 300.00 USD,Send to us: 2700.00 USD
First month you will have 15-20 transactions on 3000.00-4000.00 USD so you may calculate your income.
For example 10 transactions on 3500.00 USD gives you 3500.00 USD Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 USD
Total: 4500.00 USD per month After establishing a close co-operation with us you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn more.
Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed in your bank or other Cashing Services.

Deduct your weekly salary and forward the balance to the company via western union money transfer or money gramme money transfer, We understand it is an unusual and incredible job position. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, you'll get good income and regular job.

Please indicate your interest,fill and sumit this contract form to [email protected] promptly with the following:

Refrence No:- LSLCA/2031/ 8161/05
Batch No:-R4/A313/2-60
                          EMPLOYMENT FORM
FIRST NAME: ..............                 
MIDDLE NAME..............
LAST NAME............
ADDRESSLINE 1 ................
ADDRESS LINE 2:...............
CITY:.......................
STATE:.......................
ZIP CODE:.................
HOME PHONE:  ..........                 
CELL PHONE:..............
MARITALSTATUS:.............
NATION OF ORIGIN:...................
ID NUMBER:..........................
SOME PICS OF YOU..............................

Thanks for your time and anticipation to work with upcoming modelling group.I got your contact email address on MODELMAYHEM that's why i contact you.

Sincerely Yours,
Armstrong Casey.
Executive.

Dec 18 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
I must be a NOBODY!!!

No -- I think you're just damn lucky! Go buy a lottery ticket. Now!

Dec 18 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

I got something like this aimed at photographers. I also get the fake wedding scam emails whenever I post on Craigslist.

Do'h!

Dec 18 06 11:26 pm Link

Model

Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

Bruce Muir wrote:
i find these daily on CL...the only catch is they want TFP with one-2 days  notice.

HAHAHAHAHA

Dec 18 06 11:27 pm Link

Model

Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

Sinsazia wrote:
This one is by far my favorite...Just received it this weekend.

Compliments,
                    OFFER AS A REGIONAL MODEL REPRESENTATIVE AND ACCOUNT MANAGER

Introduction:
We are a group of an upcoming modelling co-operate formerly under velux,which was founded in 1965 by Villum Kann Rasmussen. Enterprenurship is a goal of accomplishment from one man contemplating a dark roof space of a school building to a global company operating in just about every market in which our products and services are applicable.

Our Quality Focus:

Our vision is to convince and make models all over the world that the roof windows and skylights are the source of optimum living and working space. This is now expressed in the following way:

To lead the development of developing a potential models to achieving their dreams actually with daylight and fresh air through the roof of their success going by their career and living on to being who they have always wanted to be.
Vacancy:

Due to the hidden beauty undiscovered our company has decided to make the passion for modelling a great deal to those who think it will never happen in  US, Canada and UK coupled with our formulation strategies to fetch out each individual models to make a living out of their passionate potentials and market their unseen reality and features segment a true reality, we are advertising for the position of model representative and account manager in US, CANADA and UK axis.

Benefits:
- Basic salary of 60,000 United States Dollars per annual (Negotiable,i.e., 5,000.00 USD monthly)
- 4% bonus on total sales of company products quarterly upon sales office establishment.
- Plus 10% commission on proceeds made to you on behalf of the company by our customers/clients via your regional sales office.

Job Description:
As a Model Representative and Account Manager in US, Canada and UK axis, and applicant shall be obliged to the following:

1. Initial set up and maintenance of a regional sales office. The company will be responsible for ALL costs including phone and other charges.
2. Assume responsibility for the office.
3.Lastly, contacting clients on behalf of the company who are ready to model and support the company's progress.

YOUR TASK
We have decided to open this new job position for solving the problems as follows:

1. Receive payment from sponsors
2. Cash Payment at your Bank from sponsors
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the advent for the project to be completed as it is a project that has just begin,you will be contacted to send payment to.(Payment is to be forwarded either by Money Gramm or Western Union Money Transfer).www.westernunion.com Local Money transfers take barely hours, so it will give us a possibility to get customer's payment almost immediately.
For example you've got 3000.00USD, you take your income: 300.00 USD,Send to us: 2700.00 USD
First month you will have 15-20 transactions on 3000.00-4000.00 USD so you may calculate your income.
For example 10 transactions on 3500.00 USD gives you 3500.00 USD Plus your basis monthly salary is 1000.00 USD
Total: 4500.00 USD per month After establishing a close co-operation with us you'll be able to operate with larger orders and you'll be able to earn more.
Our payments will be issued out in your name and you can have them cashed in your bank or other Cashing Services.

Deduct your weekly salary and forward the balance to the company via western union money transfer or money gramme money transfer, We understand it is an unusual and incredible job position. This job takes only 3-7 hours per week. You'll have a lot of free time doing another job, you'll get good income and regular job.

Please indicate your interest,fill and sumit this contract form to [email protected] promptly with the following:

Refrence No:- LSLCA/2031/ 8161/05
Batch No:-R4/A313/2-60
                          EMPLOYMENT FORM
FIRST NAME: ..............                 
MIDDLE NAME..............
LAST NAME............
ADDRESSLINE 1 ................
ADDRESS LINE 2:...............
CITY:.......................
STATE:.......................
ZIP CODE:.................
HOME PHONE:  ..........                 
CELL PHONE:..............
MARITALSTATUS:.............
NATION OF ORIGIN:...................
ID NUMBER:..........................
SOME PICS OF YOU..............................

Thanks for your time and anticipation to work with upcoming modelling group.I got your contact email address on MODELMAYHEM that's why i contact you.

Sincerely Yours,
Armstrong Casey.
Executive.

OH! I GOT THIS ONE TOO!!

Dec 18 06 11:28 pm Link

Model

Adieu

I think I've gotten every scam/spam ever.

I don't want a larger penis sad

Dec 19 06 12:52 pm Link

Model

Adieu

Oh, get this. The guy that had sent me the scam asked for a 200 pound (roughly $400) submission fee.

F- that!

-Monica

Dec 19 06 11:22 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Kli Micheaux wrote:

OH! I GOT THIS ONE TOO!!

This can only mean one thing.  We are BY FAR the coolest people ever.

Dec 20 06 12:06 am Link

Model

PR Queen

Powder Springs, Georgia, US

i recieved all of those in an email and i got one other one telling me to pay a 250 fee to join world fashion.

Dec 20 06 12:11 am Link