Forums > General Industry > What Modeling type does my body fit?

Model

Josu

Fort Walton Beach, Florida, US

I'm just wondering what kind of modeling I should be trying for?  I really don't know what direction to go in or what I should do to better condition myself.  I workout regularly and I'm working on becoming even more defined.

Dec 18 06 04:34 am Link

Model

LaViolette

Hollywood, Florida, US

I don't know a whole lot about male modeling opportunities...But I hope any of this helps. I'm not sure what the male requirements for fashion modeling are. There is always commercial modeling which is something I'm interested in. To get an idea of what commercial modeling looks like just look thru a magazine at the ads and use them as inspiration for your next shoot. Basically in commercial the goal of the photo is to promote the product, as opposed to fashion where the emphasis is on the clothes or in glamor where the emphasis is on the subject (model) in the photo.
Something else I can see you trying is fitness modeling - I would definately look into that as well. Hope this helps!

Dec 18 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

i don't know. you're a guy. i don't shoot guys with my camera. maybe with a shot gun.

Dec 18 06 03:57 pm Link

Model

Josu

Katy Goldapple wrote:
I don't know a whole lot about male modeling opportunities...But I hope any of this helps. I'm not sure what the male requirements for fashion modeling are. There is always commercial modeling which is something I'm interested in. To get an idea of what commercial modeling looks like just look thru a magazine at the ads and use them as inspiration for your next shoot. Basically in commercial the goal of the photo is to promote the product, as opposed to fashion where the emphasis is on the clothes or in glamor where the emphasis is on the subject (model) in the photo.
Something else I can see you trying is fitness modeling - I would definately look into that as well. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info.  I'll look into that.

As to the other reply...  You sound like a man with a camera..

Dec 18 06 05:30 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Before you worry about your body type, there is a much more important question:  what kind of modeling work is available for a male model of your age in the area around you?

The closest thing you have to a market in the area is New Orleans, which isn't much for male modeling these days.  If the work isn't there, you can't do it, no matter what your body type is.

Dec 18 06 05:34 pm Link

Model

Josu

Well I am willing to relocate so maybe I can do it...  I'm just trying to figure out where.

Dec 18 06 11:44 pm Link