Forums > General Industry > Need Advice

Photographer

Steel Fox Studios

Hulmeville, Pennsylvania, US

Ok I am usally a very busy guy, but i honestly need some advice
I am being stalked by a model and her Photographer Husband. they call me at work, they call me at home. they show up at places i am at, and they call me non-stop. I have contacted the police but because they havnt threatend me in any way. they wont do anything about it.

now they are going around lying saying i owe them money. Considering i never shot with this person. nor have i met him outside of the Model. I dont know what he wants from me. he keeps telling me he wants to make sure everyone knows that he is better then me

on top of this. I have a question about his photography. He shows up at sporting events takes photos of the kids playing, then distributes a flyer to the parents saying they can view the photos on his website and then purchase them. Isnt that Illegal?

Thoughts?

Dec 17 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

Veteres Vitri

MAYLENE, Alabama, US

https://www.sigarms.com/images/catalog/product/226X5-left.jpg

Dec 17 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

Gems of Nature in N Atl

North Atlanta, Georgia, US

i LIKE THE WAY CECIL THINKS.
But I grew up in cook county Ill. We didnt do, we hired it done.

Dec 17 06 08:02 pm Link

Photographer

Amy J Jones Photography

Fallston, Maryland, US

Shooting the events is not illegal.  I've heard of quite a few people trying to make a living that way.  Taking video of school plays, and taking stills at sporting events then doing the online thing afterward.  I think it should only be allowed if the school approves you but no one seems to care from what I can tell.

As far as the stalking goes, that's just too weird.  I would make sure I kept a record of when and where they showed up and anything they send you.

Dec 17 06 08:04 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

wow I'm so sorry to hear that

maybe just backing out is the wisest move
better to be safe than sorry...
better to be happy than right!

wink

tell him yes, you know what, i have upset a lot of people lately
i was an ass
im really sorry about it

i have now found Jesus
and i realise you ARE better than me
do you want tyo coem to church with me?

try to sound like you mean it

good luck either way!!!

Dec 17 06 11:34 pm Link

Model

ElisAbEtH

Charleston, West Virginia, US

in wv you have to have a license to take pictures like that- also if you get caught selling them you're slapped with a fine-
unless its college i think

police suck! they get ppl in trouble that don't deserve it while others enjoy harassing people. My mother-in-law got her house paintballed because some high school kids got mad at her 19 year old son who doesn't live there and doesn't go to school. The police said they couldn't do anything. A man in the county next to me cooked his 3 week old baby in the microwave and he didn't even go to jail! Life is screwed up when an animals life is more precious then a humans life-
I'm sorry this is happening- there was this photographer person on mm that use to harass me by email. I'd block him then he'd change his screen name and stuff... I really don't know what to tell you besides ignore them.

Dec 18 06 01:23 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

this is why you don't get too involved with models. i keep a distant between me and the models. they don't know too much about me. i don't want them to stalk me.

Dec 18 06 01:27 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Huynh Photography wrote:
this is why you don't get too involved with models. i keep a distant between me and the models. they don't know too much about me. i don't want them to stalk me.

yeah we should all learn from    you!

so, where's your helpful advice?
was that it??

Dec 18 06 01:29 am Link

Photographer

Leo Howard

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Jeff Marsh wrote:

E X A C T L Y !

Dec 18 06 01:31 am Link

Photographer

Huynh Studios

Sacramento, California, US

yeah. that's my advice. don't get too close to models.

Dec 18 06 01:31 am Link

Model

Mz Machina

Chicago, Illinois, US

Jeff Marsh wrote:

We still do.... cook county hasn't changed that much my friend...

As for the o/p the guy is psycho , BUT , how exactly do they know where you will be ???

Have you told them not to call???

If you tell them not to call and they call this is grounds for harrassment charges...and the guy sounds creeepy.... maybe you are part of the fixing of an effff'd up person....be proud...smile

Dec 18 06 01:36 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

Huynh Photography wrote:
yeah. that's my advice. don't get too close to models.

that's solving this problem ... HOW, exactly....

Dec 18 06 01:49 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

I would suggest written and spoken [official] requests to cease all contact with you.  If they continue, depending on where you are, that may constitute harrassment.  If you don't mind dropping a few bucks, you can probably head down to your courthouse and pay to file restraining orders, provided you know an address to have the orders served to.

But yeah, a well-documented history of what/who/when will probably help you out the most in all of this eventually.

Dec 19 06 04:44 pm Link