Forums > General Industry > Reprise: Tired of TFP's? Wanna make money?

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I posted this about a year ago and thought some may be able to benefit from  it's rebirth.

Wanna make some money from your "lousy TFP's? Here's how.

With all of the online communities popping up (Myspace, Yahoo Groups, etc..) and with a bit of clever marketing skill you should be able to easily build a fan club.

From your TFP shoots, sell autographed 8X10 prints to your fans via your fan club.

Photographer gets paid when you purchase the prints for resale. And you get paid when you sell them. Everybody wins.

Why stop with prints? With an agreement worked out between yourself and the photographer you can sell your photos on just about anything imagineable. Mouse pads, coffee cups, keychains, you name it.

And the beauty of it all? You can set your own limits since you're in business for yourself.

Of course this is just a basic outline of how to turn TFP into cash. There's a little more to it. But this should give you a few ideas that might help you get the ball rolling.

Dec 16 06 10:18 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Uh huh, a KitaPanda fan club. 

When that pig starts flying, I'll let you know wink

All jokes aside, I HAVE seen a few of the llamas on here (namely Kassandra, and Raquel Reed) with pretty big fan clubs.  Could be a good idea.

Dec 16 06 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

William Herbert

Bryan, Ohio, US

John Jebbia wrote:

With all of the online communities popping up (Myspace, Yahoo Groups, etc..) and with a bit of clever marketing skill you should be able to easily build a fan club.

From your TFP shoots, sell autographed 8X10 prints to your fans via your fan club.

Photographer gets paid when you purchase the prints for resale. And you get paid when you sell them. Everybody wins.

Why stop with prints? With an agreement worked out between yourself and the photographer you can sell your photos on just about anything imagineable. Mouse pads, coffee cups, keychains, you name it.

And the beauty of it all? You can set your own limits since you're in business for yourself.

I know of a llama who used to AUCTION off her used clothing......ahem. I never bought any..lol

Dec 16 06 10:31 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Jantz

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

John Jebbia wrote:

I think this should work.  I have a photographer friend in Indiana who has put calendars together on CafePress.com of his llamas and sells them from there.

Dec 16 06 10:34 pm Link