Forums > General Industry > How many of your view counts are

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

I was wondering how many of peoples view counts is them looking for the new comments.  I never can remember how many comments a image had, so I end up opening several to see what was said.

Dec 16 06 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Vosler

Redlands, California, US

John W Cochran wrote:
I was wondering how many of peoples view counts is them looking for the new comments.  I never can remember how many comments a image had, so I end up opening several to see what was said.

I hardly ever look at my group of photos unless I'm going to figure out which ones to delete in order to make room for others.

Dec 16 06 09:34 pm Link

Model

BigC

Kissimmee, Florida, US

John, I have a lot of that happen to me as well everytime I look for the picture that has the new comment. The views have gotten so high, I would love to know how many people really did see my pic besides myself too! I saw one suggestion on a forum a little while back concerning a solution. It involved the email notifications being more descriptive as to what picture was commented on. They didn't suuggest it, but here's my idea: the email could say: (Name of commentator) has just left a comment on your 2nd picture (2nd referring to the order they're in). Just an idea, don't know if it's possible? Only the creators of MM would know.

Dec 16 06 09:43 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

John W Cochran wrote:

I know!

I would love it if they would add a feature telling us which image has the new comment!

Dec 16 06 09:45 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Clarence aka  Big C wrote:
John, I have a lot of that happen to me as well everytime I look for the picture that has the new comment. The views have gotten so high, I would love to know how many people really did see my pic besides myself too! I saw one suggestion on a forum a little while back concerning a solution. It involved the email notifications being more descriptive as to what picture was commented on. They didn't suuggest it, but here's my idea: the email could say: (Name of commentator) has just left a comment on your 2nd picture (2nd referring to the order they're in). Just an idea, don't know if it's possible? Only the creators of MM would know.

The latest notices I recieved had the picture ID# in them.  Thanks Tyler!

Dec 16 06 09:45 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

really?

I haven't even noticed!

Dec 16 06 09:47 pm Link

Photographer

Nelia

San Francisco, California, US

Cat Platz wrote:

I know!

I would love it if they would add a feature telling us which image has the new comment!

They currently do or I least I am getting notification of which picture has a new comment in an e-mail.

Dec 16 06 09:47 pm Link

Model

KS24

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Nelia wrote:

They currently do or I least I am getting notification of which picture has a new comment in an e-mail.

good to know....I usually just see the e-mail in my inbox and don't bother to open it....guess I'll have to start  smile

Dec 16 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

Habenero and Nelia
Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed it.

Dec 16 06 09:53 pm Link

Photographer

RBDesign

North East, Maryland, US

John W Cochran wrote:

I think I met you once.

RB

Dec 16 06 10:07 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

John W Cochran wrote:
I was wondering how many of peoples view counts is them looking for the new comments.

It's interesting that you bring this up, because I wish there was a way that viewing our own pics wouldn't count.  I'm always checking for new photo comments as well.

Dec 16 06 11:08 pm Link