Forums > General Industry > Someone please help me out with this question.

Photographer

Robert Ector

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Hey,

Im trying to email some pictures to one of my clients. The pictures are big (not THAT big but...) instead of having to send one picture at a time, is there anyway, I can email a whole folder? Maybe zip a folder and just email that? I have, I think 54 pictures. Please help me out. Whats the quickest and easiest way to email the pics?

Thanks in Advance!

Dec 16 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

There are couple ways.  Of course reduce the size, but the best would probably be to make a PDF out of them and then email the PDF.

I have Acrobat, plus I'm on a Mac, which has had a convert to PDF for some time in the print options.  If your dealling with the dark side I'm not sure of the if there is a easy conversion wiht out having the full Acrobat.

Dec 16 06 04:58 pm Link

Photographer

CLONE

Salisbury, Maryland, US

Mos Photography wrote:
Hey,

Im trying to email some pictures to one of my clients. The pictures are big (not THAT big but...) instead of having to send one picture at a time, is there anyway, I can email a whole folder? Maybe zip a folder and just email that? I have, I think 54 pictures. Please help me out. Whats the quickest and easiest way to email the pics?

Thanks in Advance!

the fast way I use it faster then photo shop http://www.resize2mail.com/

Dec 16 06 04:59 pm Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

If it's a client as in a business rather than a model...request their ftp address. Most should have an address for uploading of "oversized" files. Or the files can be ftp'd into one folder if you have a site and they can download it from a url you provide to them.

I would never email images of any size as it's too unpredictable and there are too many size constraints.

Dec 16 06 05:03 pm Link

Photographer

David Pankhurst Photo

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

In PSCS2, there's a feature that takes a folder of images, creates a slide show (complete with transitions) and compresses it into PDF format so you can email it easily to a client for proofing  This is perfect for showing clients proofs of wedding shots, results of a sitting etc etc.
Open the photos you want to use in your PDF presentation
Either go under PS FILE menu, under Automate, and choose PDF Presentation or
choose PDF Presentation from within Adobe Bridge under the Tools menu.
You can control the file sizes, quality, embed a password to prevent printing or editing or copyingf into another application for printing so your images don't get stolen

Take it from there...if you have probs., let me know and I will give you the detailed step by step process

Dec 16 06 05:12 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

I use Eudora Pro e-mail and I can attach as many files as I want. Getting them on the other end, however, can be a problem.

You can zip as many files as you like into one, but if it's photos to start with, you aren't going to save much space, just convert a lot of files into one huge one.

Keep in mind that just because you can send it doesn't mean it can be received on the other end. Different ISPs have different rules about attachment sizes.

Also be sure the receiver is expecting it. There's nothing more annoying than trying to quickly check e-mail before doing something else only to find there's a gigantic attachment coming without warning, especially on dial-up.

Dec 16 06 05:55 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

I meant to mention the PDF fuction in PS, also.

Dec 16 06 06:30 pm Link

Photographer

Studio Spike

New York, New York, US

Oh man, i'm cringing at these '.pdf' suggestions....I'd be so annoyed to recieve a big-ass pdf instead of the pics.

Ideally you upload your file(s) to a server.  If you have a website you have server space. If you have a .Mac account you have your 'iDisk' space.  There are also online server/file transfer services like 'YouSendIt.com' and 'Xdrive.com'.

It's also super easy to transfer files of any size via your Instant Messaging application.

Don't do the .pdf.

Dec 16 06 11:28 pm Link