Forums > General Industry > Are u into horror ?!

Model

PAVEL ZHELEV

New York, New York, US

I recently dicovered that I love thriller (movies,books etc.) and I think it's beginning to show from my recent work smile And I was wondering if this is some kind of mental irregularity ! HAHA
Anyone share my passion ?

Dec 16 06 09:44 am Link

Model

e-string

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I'm a horror/slasher/zombie movie nut

Dec 16 06 10:08 am Link

Photographer

PK Brazil

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I like the idea or horror movies, but most of them are so badly done that I am ultimately disappointed most of the time, so I tend not to watch too many of them or too many of any types of film.

Dec 16 06 10:10 am Link

Model

Adieu

Dec 16 06 10:12 am Link

Photographer

ClassicHorror

Spartanburg, South Carolina, US

smile

Dec 16 06 10:18 am Link

Photographer

lawrence art

Bay Shore, New York, US

Zombies, Giallo, Hammer horror films, "hell! even the campy stuff....Absolutely!!!!!

Dec 16 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

My first and greatest love.....most of my photography is based on the stills and posters that were in the Horror Film books I read as a kid.....I would look at the stills for films like Mad Love, Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Tombs of the Blind Dead, the Coffin Joe films, etc. and just imagine what those films were like (this is in the days before VCRs, much less DVD)....my photography and eventually my films reflect my passion for all genres of horror....

Welcome aboard the Dark Train my friend....

Dec 16 06 10:33 am Link

Model

Vixen Intoxia

Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom

I love horror, more so psychological and eerie things as opposed to gore, although done well the gore glam look can be fantastic.

Vixen.

Dec 16 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

digital Artform

Los Angeles, California, US

Here's a store down the street from me you might enjoy -

http://www.dappercadaver.com/

I think you can buy things via mail order if you're not local

Dec 16 06 11:24 am Link

Model

Crazy Kittie

FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky, US

I love all horror flicks.  From the goofy not so good one's to the ultimate of them all.

Dec 16 06 11:27 am Link

Photographer

Ought To Be Shot

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

I hate having things JUMP out a scare the bejeebers outta me, but I'm still drawn to those flicks.  So, yes... I'm hooked on horrors.  My favs are the thinking-person's horror; like Shyamalan's or Hitchcock's.

Dec 16 06 11:37 am Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

I make a living from horror movies, so I guess the answer is yes.

Dec 16 06 03:08 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Yeah, I love it.  While others sit there covering their eyes, I'm sitting there grinning like a maniac.

Dec 16 06 04:51 pm Link

Model

Ayse Daenet

Fayetteville, North Carolina, US

I've always been a horror fan. Has anyone seen 2001 Maniacs?? maniacal

Dec 16 06 04:53 pm Link

Photographer

Collin J. Rae

Winchester, Virginia, US

digital Artform wrote:
Here's a store down the street from me you might enjoy -

http://www.dappercadaver.com/

I think you can buy things via mail order if you're not local

and one of my fave places to shop:

www.xploitedcinema.com

Dec 16 06 04:55 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Ayse Daenet wrote:
I've always been a horror fan. Has anyone seen 2001 Maniacs?? maniacal

It was fun....I thought they did a decent job of replicating the humor and ridiculous gore that is a trademark of Lewis' films...

Dec 16 06 04:57 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Shouldn't this be in "Off Topic?"

Dec 16 06 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

Got Photos

Dover, New Hampshire, US

I'm not a horror person,, I like more comedys

Dec 16 06 05:20 pm Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

Two words:

Imprint.
Miike.

Dec 16 06 06:21 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Maynard Southern wrote:
Two words:

Imprint.
Miike.

I've been wanting to see that.....I run hot and cold on Miike....some of his films like Audition and The Box (from 3 Extremes) are absolutely breathtaking....others like Visitor Q and MPD are just the same self-indulgent crap that has caused david Lynch to self-distruct....

Dec 16 06 06:26 pm Link

Photographer

Maynard Southern

Knoxville, Tennessee, US

SPRINGHEEL wrote:

I've been wanting to see that.....I run hot and cold on Miike....some of his films like Audition and The Box (from 3 Extremes) are absolutely breathtaking....others like Visitor Q and MPD are just the same self-indulgent crap that has caused david Lynch to self-distruct....

You didn't like Q? I thought it was a hoot...I think sometimes he just digs on bein' silly (in a Miike outlandish sorta way) I haven't seen much of his I don't like...

ANYWAY, Imprint is the shit. Very little makes me squirm, and I had a hard time watching it. He was in a serious mood when he made this one, you'll like it.

Dec 16 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

SPRINGHEEL

Detroit, Michigan, US

Maynard Southern wrote:

You didn't like Q? I thought it was a hoot...I think sometimes he just digs on bein' silly (in a Miike outlandish sorta way) I haven't seen much of his I don't like...

ANYWAY, Imprint is the shit. Very little makes me squirm, and I had a hard time watching it. He was in a serious mood when he made this one, you'll like it.

Yeah, I thought about that after I posted this....I'm just not a fan of his "humor"...

I'll check it out my friend....

Dec 16 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher N.

Troy, Michigan, US

Yep...but mainly old school 60's/70's, bad 80's zombie flicks and Italian Giallo. The later (especially the Argento movies) bordered on being art pieces in some scenes.

The new stuff....hit or miss for me. Especially when things like "Wolf Creek" get raves.

Dec 16 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

your title say - horror
and post says - thriller

i do love the latter, but generally loathe the former

Dec 17 06 01:14 am Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

My favorite scary movies are the ones that properly utilize silence to build tension.

Dec 17 06 01:49 am Link

Model

Mia Mali

Los Angeles, California, US

Love scary movies.
Mostly they're family videos where my dad starts singing that scare me.
But zombies kind of do the trick too.

Dec 17 06 01:53 am Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Always have. Always will.

I just found a model in my area that wants to shoot for a site called HorrorChix (sp). I've already designed the set and started buying some of the props I need. Hows about a bloody ass Hellraiser shoot.  COMING SOON

Dec 17 06 01:58 am Link

Photographer

William Milberry

Fukuoka, Fukuoka, Japan

I'm a big fan of Japanese horror movies like Ringu, Kairo, Ju-on, Dark Water, etc.  They're more cerebral and creepier than American horror movies.  Some of the American remakes of Japanese horror movies like the Grudge have been OK too.

Dec 17 06 02:00 am Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

Mark Sebastian wrote:
My favorite scary movies are the ones that properly utilize silence to build tension.

and half seen terrors?
plot twists and turns?

...screaming?

Dec 17 06 03:06 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

I

Dec 17 06 03:11 am Link

Model

Rose Noir

Chicago, Illinois, US

William Milberry wrote:
I'm a big fan of Japanese horror movies like Ringu, Kairo, Ju-on, Dark Water, etc.  They're more cerebral and creepier than American horror movies.  Some of the American remakes of Japanese horror movies like the Grudge have been OK too.

That has to some of the best horror films I've ever seen! Asia Extreme Films have the some of the best I've seen in a very long time. The American remakes just dont do it for me. I absolutely adore OldBoy, Sympathy For Mr. Vengeance, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, A Tale Of Two Sisters and I looooove the 3 Extremes. If you have seen it, go to where ever you rent movies from and get it. Its fantastic.

Dec 17 06 03:17 am Link

Photographer

vinny photography

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

i love horror movies since the 1st Friday the 13th movies

i'm a die hard fan of Romero, Craven, Carpenter

Dec 17 06 11:13 am Link

Photographer

vinny photography

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada

William Milberry wrote:

oh yes for Ju-on my wife don't want to listen to it , she saw only the 'teaser' trailler and she told me i will not sleep if i listen to this movie

Dec 17 06 11:14 am Link