Forums > General Industry > Chicago Runway & Body Paint Modeling

Model

Cynthia Hayes

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hi everyone... okay to get straight to it at time I don't charge for certain things because I love doing it so much.  However, recently I was asked to be part of a runway show where I would be painted and wearing lingerie.  Any ideas on how much I should charge and it's helpful to provide two figures to consider for hourly or flat rate. 

Also a range for partial or full nudity for similar work involving paint would be helpful as well. 

Thanks much,
Cynthia

Dec 15 06 12:34 pm Link

Model

L O N D O N Brown

Chicago, Illinois, US

Hi Cynthia,
Considering the market here and the fact that 7 times out of ten the runway shows are produced in a badly lighted night club it is somewhat un-common for the coordinator to ask a model's rate (which is great that someone would ask you) just because so many of the shows are only for "images and exposure" and this is even for agency models as well. Your rates should depend on how much physical time you will be needed for, such as fittings, run throughs, and also the day of the show how long will you be needed before the actual show takes place for hair/make-up and pre-show preps? It would in my opinion be a good idea if you have set rates that you have set for yourself (granted you are freelancing) and go by your already set rates. I wish I could come up with numbers as examples but each person commands a different amount for each booking. Someone feel free to jump in and correct if I'm wrong as I can only give one opinion.

Dec 15 06 01:13 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I would be much more concerned bout the potential cheesy ness of such a show than $ . Most body painting is downright poor . Howevever some are able to create "Art" with this medium .....

Dec 15 06 06:14 pm Link

Model

L O N D O N Brown

Chicago, Illinois, US

Garry k wrote:
I would be much more concerned bout the potential cheesy ness of such a show than $ . Most body painting is downright poor . Howevever some are able to create "Art" with this medium .....

Although I agree with you body painting in some opinions may be cheesy and not as important as other avenues however I can't really say that for the Chicago market with artists like Mario Ink, and Glam Live to name a few body painting being included in some fashion shows and art showings have become very popular alternatives to the traditional fashion show.

Dec 15 06 07:54 pm Link

Body Painter

Roustan

Redondo Beach, California, US

MarioInk is the best in ChiTown. I forsee Bodypainting will be changing for the better. Jump on the bandwagon before it's too late smile

Dec 15 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Roustan wrote:
MarioInk is the best in ChiTown. I forsee Bodypainting will be changing for the better. Jump on the bandwagon before it's too late smile

Roudn here Body painting peaked 3-4 yrs ago ,,,Now they just do it in bars for promotional events ......

Dec 16 06 04:25 am Link