Forums > General Industry > Another scam...

Model

if_u_only_knew

Alexander, Arkansas, US

I'm not sure if this ones been posted already so please... don't throw rocks at me. I KNOW this IS a scam. Just wanted to put it on the list.  Please hold all your "boos" until the end, thank you.

HI,
I went through your profile on the Model site and I think you are qualified to participate in this upcoming event. We have offices and branches in SOUTHAFRICA, USA, ITALTY, HOLLAND, GERMANY, BELGIUM etc..

This opportunity is open up to a few of models and fashion people who want to be a participant , guest and also investors, for the models direct Group beauty/fashion Show 2007 from the 15th-19th JANUARY.

I want to inform the numerous guest and foreign investor who would like to be a part of it all to know they stand to gain a lot in UNITED KINGDOM, USA, where the show is holding. We have a lot of event line-up for guest and our sponsors like V-mobile telecoms, Hilton hotels, four star hotels and best foods shall be have support, as they have promise to sponsor it for the success of the show .

All Models will be staying at the HILTON HOTELS IN NEW YORK, Uk

Here are the Details of the Exhibitions as follows:

1A get together of every model will be held on the 15th at the HILTON HOTELS. It's going to be like a
welcome meeting.

2.The fist Fashion Exhibition, will be held at 2:00pm on the 16th and 17th, and there will be a lot of prominent and a lot of very important people coming for this exhibition.

3.You are just required to wear our fashion products and model with the other models coming along for this event; you are required to model on the 17th and on the 18th same time.

4. And on the very last day which is on the 19th, you will be required to  take Billboards picture and camera photo, which we'll be using for our Billboards adverts and Posters.

If you are interested please send me your details in the following other:

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY:
STATE:
POSTAL CODE:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE#:
BANK NAME:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:
ANY HEALTH INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW:

AS SOON AS WE GET THIS INFORMATIONS I WOULD START WOKING ON YOUR FLIGHT RESERVATION TO THE VENUE We'll want to you to have the best and a whole lot of fun.

Regards

DAVID SMITH
MODELLING CONSULTANT

Damn will they EVER quit?  I wonder how many if any, people they have successfully ripped off?

Dec 14 06 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

They will quit when people stop falling for them.  smile

Dec 14 06 03:34 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

This is why I recommend not including messenger or email information on your profile.

Dec 14 06 03:45 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Yep, it's the same Nigerian one that's been floating around for a while.  They sign all of them as some uppercase name, with MODELLING CONSULTANT underneath.

More about Nigerian scams:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/search.php? … mit=Search
http://www.newmodels.com/Nigeria.html

Dec 14 06 06:35 pm Link