Forums > Newbie Forum > Submitting Photos to Agencies

Model

samberezin

New York, New York, US

Hello MM,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the photos I should submit to agencies when applying. They usually require a full body, profile, headshot, and 3/4 picture. I've mostly been using the photos on my profile (not the Halloween makeup ones). Should I just take some with my phone and use those? What kinds of clothes should I wear? Anything else I should do to prepare?  I appreciate all advice on this topic!

Apr 05 24 02:55 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

samberezin wrote:
Hello MM,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the photos I should submit to agencies when applying. They usually require a full body, profile, headshot, and 3/4 picture. I've mostly been using the photos on my profile (not the Halloween makeup ones). Should I just take some with my phone and use those? What kinds of clothes should I wear? Anything else I should do to prepare?  I appreciate all advice on this topic!

Model agencies? Check their websites, they tell you what they want to see. They will usually want full length pictures in casual street clothes to begin with.

Apr 06 24 04:30 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

samberezin wrote:
Should I just take some with my phone and use those?

First impressions and all that . . .

Pay someone with a real camera to take pictures of you.
Stand in front of a clean background. Pay attention to facial expressions.
Don't pose in harsh sun. Have light in your eyes.

Apr 06 24 05:16 pm Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

samberezin wrote:
Hello MM,

I would suggest that you photograph yourself or get a friend to take some unposed full length pictures of you in casual clothes with a digital camera, preferably outdoors and from a reasonable distance, at least 15 ft away so that you don't get too much perspective distortion. Because they will want to see what you look like normally, rather than when professionally photographed in a studio. But again, you should check the website of the model agency you're applying to first.

Apr 07 24 04:24 am Link