Forums > General Industry > UK e-mail from "David Smith" re: modelshow_uk2006

Model

Melzn2art

Antioch, Illinois, US

OK...has ANYone else received this e-mail? I smell a freeky scam! When I requested "more information I got the second e-mail...YIKES! If this is weird please let me know!

1st e-mail:

HI,
I went through your profile on the Model site and I think you are qualified to participate in this upcoming event. We have offices and branches in SOUTHAFRICA, USA, ITALTY, HOLLAND, GERMANY, BELGIUM etc.. This opportunity is open up to a few of models and fashion people who want to be a participant , guest and also investors, for the models direct Group beauty/fashion Show 2007 from the 15th-19th JANUARY. I want to inform the numerous guest and foreign investor who would like to be a part of it all to know they stand to gain a lot in NEW YORK, USA, where the show is holding. We have a lot of event line-up for guest and our sponsors like V-mobile telecoms, Hilton hotels, four star hotels and best foods shall be have support, as they have promise to sponsor it for the success of the show . All Models will be staying at the HILTON HOTELS IN NEW YORK, USA Here are the Details of the Exhibitions as follows: 1. A get together of every model will be held on the 15th at the HILTON HOTELS. It\'s going to be like a welcome meeting. 2. The fist Fashion Exhibition, will be held at 2:00pm on the 16th and 17th, and there will be a lot of prominent and a lot of very important people coming for this exhibition. 3. You are just required to wear our fashion products and model with the other models coming along for this event; you are required to model on the 17th and on the 18th same time. 4. And on the very last day which is on the 19th, you will be required to take Billboards picture and camera photo, which we\'ll be using for our Billboards adverts and Posters. If you are interested please send me your details in the following other:
FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY: STATE:
POSTAL CODE:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE#:
BANK NAME:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:

ANY HEALTH INFORMATION WE NEED TO KNOW: AS SOON AS WE GET THIS INFORMATIONS I WOULD START WOKING ON YOUR FLIGHT RESERVATION TO THE VENUE We\'ll want to you to have the best and a whole lot of fun. Regards DAVID SMITH MODELLING CONSULTANT
This message has been submitted by viewers of Casting Files web site (www.castingfiles.com) which you are a member of model mayhem. please send me an email at [email protected]
Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

I WROTE BACK:

Sorry I need more information about your organization and a list of contacts who can verify who you are...not just "important people" You do not give any addresses either...I smell a scam...Sorry.

And I refuse any "bank information"

2nd e-mail:

david smith
To:
    MelZN2art
Subject:
    RE: model show
Date:
    Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:57:25 AM

[View Source]
hello  how are u doing anyway  anyways i want u to know that i would call u to talk to talk to u anyways i want u to know that u would be paid very very(15 to17 thounsand dollars) well because u are doing an outside  job now all i want u to know is that once i call u then u would let u know once. well then u would paid cash oupon when u get to the uk. the model concert has been moved and i am so sorry to say that i would contact u as soon as  all as been done please. and then all hotel bills would be paid for and all all u need to do is just be deligent . well  then all i want u to do is to make sure that u would be getting a check u would be getting from our sponsors for the show . u would need to cash the check and send it to the the travel agent that owuld help u get ut pappers ready to fly to the uk , he would be sending u the pappers to come over to the uk as soon as the check as been sent to u he would contact u as soon as possible ... well then i would call u to talk to u as soon as possible....
hope to hear from u real soon.. yea i would want u to that these for real so i would want u to send me all the follwoing so that i can call u okay ....
david smith

FULL NAME:
CONTACT ADDRESS:
CITY: STATE:
POSTAL CODE:
HOME & MOBILE PHONE#:
BANK NAME:
NEAREST INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT:

Dec 13 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

It's a scam.

Ignore the rest of the 290 emails like this that will follow now that they have confirmed your email address.

Dec 13 06 07:40 pm Link

Model

Vish I

San Antonio, Texas, US

I got the same email today...looks like a scam....anyone care to comment? I read the prior comments, but was wondering if there were any updates.

Cheers,
Vish

Dec 21 06 10:44 am Link

Dec 21 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

R A Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

yeah, scam. Been going around for a LONG time. If the grammatical errors didn't set it off, then their asking for your bank information should have.

This is just another nigerian scam artist trying to rack in some cold hard cash from unsuspecting people.

Dec 21 06 02:23 pm Link