Forums > Photography Talk > Best Led replacements for e26 500/1000w tungsten

Photographer

Michael_S_Photography

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Did you make the leap?
Favorite solutions / solutions to avoid?
Didn’t see this in forum, probably posted somewhere, humor me please…

Feb 20 24 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

Znude!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, US

I now use Godox Knowled in various models. My favorite are the M600BI. I have the large fresnel lenses and barn doors for each light. They are more than powerful enough to do what I use them for, portraiture and such. I do shoot at smaller apertures. It's possible to shoot around f/2.8 without blinding the subject. If you need to shoot at something like f/5.6 or more for people realize they will be looking into super bright light. For shooting non people things the lights are strong enough to get you anywhere you want.

Being able to see what you get ahead of time with continuous light is amazing.

They are not portable enough to be packing around to locations in my opinion. They are large and heavy. You will want heavy stands with rollers. They really work best to keep in the studio. If you need batteries they are expensive and short in duration. Best to plug them in to the electrical plugs. I do have some small portable LED lights that work great and go for an hour or more on cheap batteries.

The Godox Knowled M300 lights suffer from a defect in which the knob that controls intensity and color almost immediately stops working. Not a big deal to me as I prefer to control all the lights from the phone app.

All in all I much prefer the LED to strobe now and on location I am almost always shooting with natural light so I don't need them there.

Of course if you are just changing out bulbs in lights you already use I don't have knowledge of that.

Feb 21 24 05:16 am Link