Forums > Model Colloquy > Why don't i tag models?

Photographer

Certain Exposures

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Edit: what an unfortunate typo to have in the title for all eternity. I wonder if a moderator can fix it?

Hello, a member here asked why I do not tag models and the phrasing suggested that this was a question multiple people have.

The answer is simple. They're not on Model Mayhem (to my knowledge)! I tag them when they are on Model Mayhem. E.g., Cherita, who was a pleasure to work with.

Cheers.

Feb 04 24 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Eric212Grapher

Saint Louis, Missouri, US

Certain Exposures wrote:
Edit: what an unfortunate typo to have in the title for all eternity. I wonder if a moderator can fix it?

Hello, a member here asked why I do not tag models and the phrasing suggested that this was a question multiple people have.

The answer is simple. They're not on Model Mayhem (to my knowledge)! I tag them when they are on Model Mayhem. E.g., Cherita, who was a pleasure to work with.

Cheers.

I sometimes add to the title of the image something like this:
Monochrome Outdoor Portrait Sample 1 (model not on MM)

If they have a IG or X account, use that profile name with the @ symbol. A tiny few models might not wish to be credited, so something like this:
Monochrome Outdoor Portrait Sample 1 (model requests to be anonymous)

There might be a character length limit for the image title, so adjust as needed if you wish this question to be considered resolved for yourself

Feb 05 24 06:01 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Eric212Grapher wrote:
I sometimes add to the title of the image something like this:
Monochrome Outdoor Portrait Sample 1 (model not on MM)

This +1

I too have had photographers message me about why a certain image isn't credited for the model. When the request is about a particular model and asked in that manner I will typically tell them where she can be found (if I know). When just a generic "why don't you do thus and so", then I politely reply letting them know that they should worry more about their own portfolio rather than worry about what other photographers are doing with theirs. Sometimes after that reply they want to further discuss why I don't do what they want me to do, Then I just move the message to the trash without reading it.

Feb 05 24 07:36 am Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I belong to a local FB Photographers and Models group that has about 25 k members

And some Photographers seem to get quite upset when I don’t credit the Models that I work with

so I have taken to identifying them by their first name and naming the agency they are with

( knowing that most of those curious photographers don’t have style or skills to have any hope of shooting with those Models … but that’s not up to me to tell them

Sometimes though they persist and ask for the Models IG…not understanding that they are not likely to get a response ( some of the agencies in my area are quite controlling )

But again… Who am I to tell them this ?

Feb 06 24 01:26 am Link

Photographer

Dan Howell

Kerhonkson, New York, US

Certain Exposures wrote:

Cheers.

So WHY did you post this here? Photographers really should refrain from starting topics here. The General Industry would be a better forum for this post.

Feb 06 24 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Certain Exposures

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Thanks, everyone! I updated the titles accordingly.

I was not pestered by anyone or upset by the way they asked.

Apologies if this is the wrong section for this post. I thought this was the best section to discuss all model related things. Mods, please feel welcome to move this to a better section or cut it if that's better.

Feb 06 24 05:42 pm Link