Forums > Model Colloquy > Any funny or embarrassing stories?

Model

JT99

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Just wondering if any models have funny or embarrassing "outtakes" they'd enjoy sharing?  Thought we could do with a little levity in the forums.  Here's one I can think of.

At the time I was mortified, and probably turned beet red, but I can look back on it with a laugh now (as does the coordinator).  After all, it was my first-ever live paid figure modeling session, and I was still learning.

I thought I'd done an appropriate amount of preparing.  I garnered ideas for interesting dynamic poses from websites and books, attended classes to see what other models did, spoke extensively with the coordinator, practiced at home, etc.  The session (2.5 hours, and a typical mix of short and long poses) seemed to go well, and I got a chance to chat with several of the artists during the break, who complimented me for doing well.

When I got to the end, I asked the coordinator and artists for constructive feedback.  I took a few notes and started to head out the door when the coordinator pulled me aside.  "You should bring a towel next time", she said.  "Oh, for the sitting poses?"  "No, because your penis was dripping most of the time and everyone could see it."

That...had never entered my mind as a possibility.  Oops.

Feb 01 24 03:02 pm Link

Model

JT99

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Heh, this topic went over like a lead balloon. Ah well.

Feb 06 24 03:44 pm Link

Photographer

Zap Industries

STATEN ISLAND, New York, US

Yikes.

Feb 14 24 09:51 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

This member is in-and-out!

Feb 15 24 07:04 am Link

Model

Liv Sage

Seattle, Washington, US

This would get you fired from most high level art schools.

The reason this story didn't go over well is likely because it leads people to believe you are an exhibitionist and posing for college classes for perverted reasons. I've heard about this happening from model coordinators and other models I know - men who sign up to pose for art classes and clearly have some sort of sexual predilection for others looking at them naked. It's why they have to be careful when hiring male models.

Next time you pose, you don't need a towel. You should excuse yourself and take care of your business in private before taking the model stand again. Your penis should not be dripping on the model stand in front of the artists/students.

For heaven's sake.

Mar 14 24 01:55 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

"Heh, this topic went over like a lead balloon. Ah well."

It wasn't the topic.

Mar 14 24 07:53 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Liv Sage wrote:

The reason this story didn't go over well is likely because it leads people to believe you are an exhibitionist and posing for college classes for perverted reasons. I've heard about this happening from model coordinators and other models I know - men who sign up to pose for art classes and clearly have some sort of sexual predilection for others looking at them naked. It's why they have to be careful when hiring male models.

Next time you pose, you don't need a towel. You should excuse yourself and take care of your business in private before taking the model stand again. Your penis should not be dripping on the model stand in front of the artists/students.

For heaven's sake.

Thank you for stating the obvious that there was something off about his story.

Mar 15 24 01:54 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Liv Sage wrote:

For heaven's sake.

Agree 100%, I've been modelling since 1987 and that was an issue even back then.

I heard the very same thing Liv is describing from art directors and other models, who had issues with inappropriate things taking place with male models during posing.  There are many venues which are super cautious about booking any new, unknown male models for exactly that reason.  Usually when there is any doubt at all, they will have a discussion with the prospective new model ahead of time and warn them about possible issues which could get them removed from the model call list.

Mar 15 24 09:47 am Link