Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Well That Was Fun...

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
I can walk okay! My ankle is still sore if I walk more than 10 minutes, so I'm not ready for that yet...but it seems like every 2 or 3 days I can tell I am healing extremely well. Stairs are still iffy. Going down them in particular, I have to go down them at an angle in order for shooting pain not to occur. I don't think I need PT, but I don't know much about and the benefits of it?

I feel like by the end of February I should be pretty okay. By then it will have been 3 months. I'm going to start trying to schedule modeling sessions locally in February. Unfortunately, I can't risk hiking but studio should be fine within reason.

My rent is due in a week and I am about $300+ short on it. But thanks to random help from people, it has definitely helped me not feel as alone. My best friend came back from a family trip and called me last night. I realized at one point I was talking AT her, if that makes sense? That's how alone/lonely I have been. I thought that was pretty funny at the time. smile

Good to hear you are improving, Sarah.  If the PT is provided at low or no cost to you, I recommend it!  They can show you things that will help.  Otherwise keep doing it, but carefully.

Jan 25 24 07:32 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Good to hear you are improving, Sarah.  If the PT is provided at low or no cost to you, I recommend it!  They can show you things that will help.  Otherwise keep doing it, but carefully.

I can, I just don't have a car. I sold it in December to make January rent.

I think I believe I am a superperson with resilience but it isn't something you can will into existence with bones! lol

Jan 25 24 08:59 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I had a drawing session planned for tomorrow with a person I have worked with multiple times over the past year. He understood the injury and agreed to limited posing and working within my limits. He then emails me this morning cancelling saying he moved to Pittsburgh last night. Ugh.

I suppose one promising thing, I go back to the injury site in two weeks! lol Visiting friend and attempting to do some modeling work while in Maryland for a few days. He is driving back from Florida and wants to make a detour to check on me and then kidnap me because he knows how alone I have been. So at least there is that? *shrug*

Jan 30 24 10:00 am Link

Model

JT99

Saint Paul, Minnesota, US

Ouch!  I'm not trying to steal your thunder but I'm wearing an arm cast right now due to breaking my right scaphoid (a wrist bone).  Climbing a 9 foot brick wall and landing on asphalt on the other side to unlock a gate did not go well... so, I can at least commiserate with you.

Jan 30 24 10:20 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

JT99 wrote:
Ouch!  I'm not trying to steal your thunder but I'm wearing an arm cast right now due to breaking my right scaphoid (a wrist bone).  Climbing a 9 foot brick wall and landing on asphalt on the other side to unlock a gate did not go well... so, I can at least commiserate with you.

Well, sir, you are officially in charge of making up a better story for me than slipping on stairs in Maryland! lol

Jan 30 24 11:30 am Link

Model

JT99

Haha! Yeah, I tend to embellish my story the more I told it.  The 9 foot wall was close to 12 feet before I started reeling it back in!

But seriously, it's when you think you're safe/indestructible (or just plain foolhardy) that the worst accidents tend to happen.  Still, you could add something to your story about a stray kitten you were trying to run after and help, or something like that smile

Jan 30 24 11:44 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

JT99 wrote:
Haha! Yeah, I tend to embellish my story the more I told it.  The 9 foot wall was close to 12 feet before I started reeling it back in!

But seriously, it's when you think you're safe/indestructible (or just plain foolhardy) that the worst accidents tend to happen.  Still, you could add something to your story about a stray kitten you were trying to run after and help, or something like that smile

lol

It is THE dumbest story ever. Slipping on two whole stairs on a friend's front porch without the light on. sad

Hmm... "It was a dark night in a cabin in the woods and a little kitten was cornered by...uh....a wolf? I used my running skills and ran to scoop him/her? up. I kicked the wolf in the head and crawled back to the cabin. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED."

Haha....I am not a good fiction writer. tongue

Jan 30 24 11:57 am Link

Model

JT99

Model Sarah wrote:
lol

It is THE dumbest story ever. Slipping on two whole stairs on a friend's front porch without the light on. sad

Hmm... "It was a dark night in a cabin in the woods and a little kitten was cornered by...uh....a wolf? I used my running skills and ran to scoop him/her? up. I kicked the wolf in the head and crawled back to the cabin. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED."

Sounds like a good start though!  An elementary teacher said she was going to suggest my story to her 2nd graders for a story-writing exercise.  I thought she was kidding but...nope.  You just need some 2nd grade ghost writers!

Jan 30 24 12:18 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

My mom would have been 74 years old today. She died 1 1/2 years ago of multiple strokes. My sister is going to pick me up to hang out with her and her daughter to celebrate mom. Problem? She lives on the third floor which is 5 flights of stairs. This is either going to be a triumph or a failure. I kinda need the company and it is a great day for it.

*fingers crossed*

Jan 31 24 01:53 pm Link

Model

JT99

Ooh, that doesn’t sound fun. Stay safe!

Jan 31 24 03:05 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Ugh when will the dull pain go away? I keep thinking I'm totally healed, and if I walk a little too fast, it hurts so bad. I can really only "walk" a mile and my ankle is on fire. sad

Feb 09 24 02:00 pm Link

Model

JT99

Honestly I’m impressed you can walk at all. The soft tissue, including your nerves, tendons and ligaments, need time  to heal too after all! And long-unused muscles need stretched and used, which will often be painful. I’m told my wrist will need at least 3 months of physical therapy after 3 months in a cast…

Feb 10 24 07:03 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

JT99 wrote:
[/img]
Honestly I’m impressed you can walk at all. The soft tissue, including your nerves, tendons and ligaments, need time  to heal too after all! And long-unused muscles need stretched and used, which will often be painful. I’m told my wrist will need at least 3 months of physical therapy after 3 months in a cast…

I personally don't think I SHOULD be walking but I am not an orthopedic doctor so, I'm just following orders. He said 2 1/2 - 3 months. It has been 2 1/2 months. It is by no means normal, at all. My ankle does NOT look like an ankle. It is very weird, for lack of a better term. I have a feeling it will take 6 months total to be "normal", whatever that means. There is no bruising but swelling and it hurts if I walk more than a mile total - not briskly either. I'm half walking "normally" and half hobbling. I probably need to make an appointment for a follow up but I sold my car (long story) to both get rid of it and pay rent so it is hard to book an appointment to where I need to go because Ubers are expensive. The good news is, when I do make that appointment that whole building is for orthopedics so I can probably see a physical therapist same day. So at least there is that! The sketch artists/classes all know about my injury and haven't hired me because of the limited standing posing I can do. Most photographers seem to be understanding, but when you are limited, it isn't the best advertisement, unfortunately. I think the Spring is a good goal for me at this point. I'm feeling better but the dull pain sucks. If any of you have never broken a bone, especially on a body part like an ankle, it really sucks and the little things bring joy. The progress is slower than a tortoise, but I'll take it. Trying to hang in there, guys. sad

Speaking of, if anyone reading/following this would like to help; https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-with-re … -i-recover

Here it is today. You can see the swelling and the not normal looking ankle.

https://i.postimg.cc/L521pgXL/anklefeb12th1.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/C5bpjdHP/ankle-feb12th2.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/VN9tHFsm/anklefeb12th3.jpg

Feb 12 24 12:59 pm Link

Model

Tikeya

Edgewood, Maryland, US

Hi, Sarah! It's so good to see some familiar names still on the forums after all of these years! You and my dear Patrick Wahlberg...yesss! I'm sorry about your ankle though. sad Hope it's fully healed soon so you can be back at 100%, and you can truly enjoy this upcoming spring (Winter SUCKS...bring on springtime!).

I hope things went well while you were out here in Maryland recently. And I know what you mean about Ubers being expensive.  I've never driven a car in my life, and rely on the $1 bus (It only runs Monday-Friday) to get to/from work, etc. On weekends I take an Uber if I have somewhere I need to go.

Feb 13 24 08:13 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Tikeya wrote:
Hi, Sarah! It's so good to see some familiar names still on the forums after all of these years! You and my dear Patrick Wahlberg...yesss! I'm sorry about your ankle though. sad Hope it's fully healed soon so you can be back at 100%, and you can truly enjoy this upcoming spring (Winter SUCKS...bring on springtime!).

I hope things went well while you were out here in Maryland recently. And I know what you mean about Ubers being expensive.  I've never driven a car in my life, and rely on the $1 bus (It only runs Monday-Friday) to get to/from work, etc. On weekends I take an Uber if I have somewhere I need to go.

A friend of mine was coming back from Florida helping his mom with surgery and basically told me he was going to kidnap me so I could get out of my apartment for the first time in almost 3 months. I really needed this. I am still here. Luckily the weather has been absolutely beautiful.

I had my first shoot while here and...I shouldn't have done that, I think. I don't think I damaged it further, but it hurts. Photographer was VERY aware of my situation and made sure I was okay. There is a LOT of inflammation. Like, my ankle feels hot and there is some swelling. I'm going to make an appointment for PT once I get home on Friday.

It didn't occur to me that maybe I should have gotten a cat scan or mri instead of just an x-ray? I don't know. sad

Feb 14 24 10:09 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Update: I CAN FINALLY SEE MY ANKLE! Like, the formed ankle! big_smile

Unfortunately, my computer crashed yesterday and I tried to reformat the hard drive but I think it's a motherboard issue. I was also made aware that my dad has not formed or signed paperwork that allows me to pay for his cremation so I'm having to hopefully find a way around this to fix it. He unfortunately lives in Arkansas and they do not help with cremation if you can't afford it. Ohio does but Arkansas does not. I wish there was a way for me to see him before he passes but I don't think I have time. Obviously I don't have the money. Just a rough couple of days here. But hey, I can finally see my ankle and I'm walking halfway normally, I guess. sad

Feb 26 24 01:27 pm Link

Photographer

GSmithPhoto

Alameda, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:

lol

Where can I pick up the audiobook?

Feb 26 24 05:34 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

GSmithPhoto wrote:

Where can I pick up the audiobook?

It goes like this; AHHHHHHH! THIS ISNT RIGHT. SOMETHING IS WRONG.

Feb 27 24 08:58 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I have a follow up with my orthopedic doctor to make sure I am healing correctly. I have dull pain every day. I thought I would be normal by now.

Oh, and my dad died 5 days ago. sad

Mar 13 24 01:05 pm Link

Photographer

Red Sky Photography

Germantown, Maryland, US

Sorry to read about your Dad, and I hope your Ortho doctor gives you a good report on your healing.

Mar 13 24 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Model Sarah wrote:
I have a follow up with my orthopedic doctor to make sure I am healing correctly. I have dull pain every day. I thought I would be normal by now.

Oh, and my dad died 5 days ago. sad

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad passing.  It's a loss I understand, as my dad had passed April 13th 2001 .. we never forget, because love is forever! 

The reality of broken bones is it takes time to heal.  Another reality is that you might have some pain on occasion even after you've healed.  At least that is what I have found.  I've had broken ankles twice, a broken neck, and a badly broken leg.

I hope you continue to heal. Glad that you've been posting here.

Mar 13 24 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Sarah, I'm sorry to her about your Father.   Wishing you physical and emotional strength, until you see better days.

Mar 14 24 11:41 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Orthopedic doctor says it is "well healed". I asked him why it still hurts even though I have a very high pain tolerance. He was kind of a dick. "That's normal" as he smiled with a tone like I was an ignorant child. The only reason I picked him is because his schedule was open at the end of December. Perhaps his bedside manners are why.

Ugh. ANYWAY, since he had no regard for my pain and suggested tylenol (which is not helping AT ALL), I suppose I'm just going to live in physical pain for a while. He suggested injections and I just don't like the sound of that. sad

Mar 14 24 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Model Sarah wrote:
Orthopedic doctor says it is "well healed". I asked him why it still hurts even though I have a very high pain tolerance. He was kind of a dick. "That's normal" as he smiled with a tone like I was an ignorant child. The only reason I picked him is because his schedule was open at the end of December. Perhaps his bedside manners are why.

Ugh. ANYWAY, since he had no regard for my pain and suggested tylenol (which is not helping AT ALL), I suppose I'm just going to live in physical pain for a while. He suggested injections and I just don't like the sound of that. sad

Well I'm not a doctor, but I have broken my ankles at least twice since I was in 6th grade camp and in adulthood. It sounds like you might have had a worse break to your ankle though than mine. Did the doctor put any screws in your bone?  Sometimes screws and/or titanium rods can take longer for your body to get used to as it is not normal to have such objects in us.  My ankles do not bother me anymore and it was the Fall of 2007 when I broke my ankle last.  That was also the same year I broke my neck .. yeah I'm a glutten for pain. Fortunately I've healed without metal objects being inserted in me for those injuries.  I have found that makes a difference.. so.If you are still completely biologically without heavy metal in you .. okay.   

-Sigh-  Now I hate to tell you this, as this really sucks.  After I broke my right leg at both the fibula and tibia ..it was the most painful thing I'd experienced at the moment of impact when it snapped.  I was lucky as there were some blessings from that day.  The pain meds were pretty good. I met the doctor who was going to do the surgery right away.  He joked about his own name, which was "Doornik" and I joked back at him asking if he'd done these surgeries before .. which he liked because he was a mature (older) man. Everything went well. 

I healed with a boot and careful slow steps as the leg got stronger over about 7 weeks. Since it still hurt sometimes a year later, I went to see him again.  He told me that from the xrays that I healed fine and just get used to pain every once in awhile.  It still hurt at times.  I have a titanium rod in my leg that had to be attached with screws.  Years later I only have some pain when doing certain things, like crawling for example.

Mar 15 24 01:31 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Well I'm not a doctor, but I have broken my ankles at least twice since I was in 6th grade camp and in adulthood. It sounds like you might have had a worse break to your ankle though than mine. Did the doctor put any screws in your bone?  Sometimes screws and/or titanium rods can take longer for your body to get used to as it is not normal to have such objects in us.  My ankles do not bother me anymore and it was the Fall of 2007 when I broke my ankle last.  That was also the same year I broke my neck .. yeah I'm a glutten for pain. Fortunately I've healed without metal objects being inserted in me for those injuries.  I have found that makes a difference.. so.If you are still completely biologically without heavy metal in you .. okay.   

-Sigh-  Now I hate to tell you this, as this really sucks.  After I broke my right leg at both the fibula and tibia ..it was the most painful thing I'd experienced at the moment of impact when it snapped.  I was lucky as there were some blessings from that day.  The pain meds were pretty good. I met the doctor who was going to do the surgery right away.  He joked about his own name, which was "Doornik" and I joked back at him asking if he'd done these surgeries before .. which he liked because he was a mature (older) man. Everything went well. 

I healed with a boot and careful slow steps as the leg got stronger over about 7 weeks. Since it still hurt sometimes a year later, I went to see him again.  He told me that from the xrays that I healed fine and just get used to pain every once in awhile.  It still hurt at times.  I have a titanium rod in my leg that had to be attached with screws.  Years later I only have some pain when doing certain things, like crawling for example.

That is pretty much what this guy said. Basically like; "welp, that's what happens!" Like ??? ....this can't be normal. It has been 3 months. He said no surgery, no screws, pins, but um...what if it IS worse like you suggest? I was non weight bearing for 4 weeks in a boot, right? He suggested an ankle brace and to start bearing weight on it. This seemed rather fast to me, but what do I know? I'm reading that is HALF the time for healing. sad

Here is the thing, I had someone tell me back in December that their doctor didn't trust xrays and to get a CT scan? That revealed something else so I wonder if I should suggest that with my primary doctor? This is a dull pain. It's every day. I am greatly scared I have a higher risk for arthritis. What if surgery (screws/pins etc) can save/help this?

Ugh, I got a disconnect for my electric (that is raising rates 50% next month after I already paid them $225 a week ago). I haven't even properly dealt with my dad's passing. My dreams are scaring me. They are greatly worsening my sleep and stress levels.

I'm just a human. There is only so much I can handle.

Mar 15 24 10:38 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Model Sarah wrote:
That is pretty much what this guy said. Basically like; "welp, that's what happens!" Like ??? ....this can't be normal. It has been 3 months. He said no surgery, no screws, pins, but um...what if it IS worse like you suggest? I was non weight bearing for 4 weeks in a boot, right? He suggested an ankle brace and to start bearing weight on it. This seemed rather fast to me, but what do I know? I'm reading that is HALF the time for healing. sad

Here is the thing, I had someone tell me back in December that their doctor didn't trust xrays and to get a CT scan? That revealed something else so I wonder if I should suggest that with my primary doctor? This is a dull pain. It's every day. I am greatly scared I have a higher risk for arthritis. What if surgery (screws/pins etc) can save/help this?

Ugh, I got a disconnect for my electric (that is raising rates 50% next month after I already paid them $225 a week ago). I haven't even properly dealt with my dad's passing. My dreams are scaring me. They are greatly worsening my sleep and stress levels.

I'm just a human. There is only so much I can handle.

Hey Sarah, I'm sorry.  I do not want to cause your stress levels to go up. If we were talking in person or even on the phone, I am more of a calming type, so let me try to explain something?  No, you do not want screws or pins or nothing else artificial in you!  That stuff is what has continued to be the thing that gives me pain every once in awhile in my knee and leg. I know people who benefit from hip and knee replacements. It's when the pain is so bad, as in bone crunching on bone that such surgery is needed.  My own mom had a hip replacement. However it's always better if the solution to the problem is biological. 

Be patient with your healing.  Keep doing any physical therapy that you are told will help, and do your best to keep working at the gigs you can do.  Hopefully the pain is dissipating each week, and even each day.  IF after another month from now you are still having a lot of pain, then see if you can find a doctor who will do a CT scan.  I wish I could help you with a bit of money as I think you are a great model and wonderful person, but I'm dealing with some stuff right now too.  If things work out for me in the next month or two, I will be able to. 

I've lost both my parents now. We all have our own ways of grieving. My parents do come to me in my dreams, and more often times it is good, not bad.  Insomnia is something I battle with too.  Maybe what I'm saying is that you are not alone.  I care.

Mar 16 24 12:12 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:
Hey Sarah, I'm sorry.  I do not want to cause your stress levels to go up. If we were talking in person or even on the phone, I am more of a calming type, so let me try to explain something?  No, you do not want screws or pins or nothing else artificial in you!  That stuff is what has continued to be the thing that gives me pain every once in awhile in my knee and leg. I know people who benefit from hip and knee replacements. It's when the pain is so bad, as in bone crunching on bone that such surgery is needed.  My own mom had a hip replacement. However it's always better if the solution to the problem is biological. 

Be patient with your healing.  Keep doing any physical therapy that you are told will help, and do your best to keep working at the gigs you can do.  Hopefully the pain is dissipating each week, and even each day.  IF after another month from now you are still having a lot of pain, then see if you can find a doctor who will do a CT scan.  I wish I could help you with a bit of money as I think you are a great model and wonderful person, but I'm dealing with some stuff right now too.  If things work out for me in the next month or two, I will be able to. 

I've lost both my parents now. We all have our own ways of grieving. My parents do come to me in my dreams, and more often times it is good, not bad.  Insomnia is something I battle with too.  Maybe what I'm saying is that you are not alone.  I care.

Thank you for that. It really helped a lot.

I didn't mean I want metal in my body, I just wondered if it would help via a possible misdiagnosis considering the horrible bedside manners of my orthopedic doctor. I know how bones and bone growth works but this guy makes me feel like I am an 8 year old with a sprained ankle.

My dreams are insane. I keep logs of them. I don't know what that is indicative of but...

I still haven't grieved yet. I'm working on things day to day. smile

Mar 16 24 06:05 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I think I am going to try cortisone shots. This pain isn't unbearable, but it is extremely annoying on good days.

I just want to travel and work again, guys. sad

And today wasn't a good day grief wise. I had a very weird thought of wanting to call my dad's number. The first thing I did when I heard the news was remove him from my contacts thinking it would be easier, it isn't.

Mar 19 24 11:41 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Sarah, I am sorry to hear about your injury and your losses.

As far as ongoing pain from broken or fractured bones, it is real. I foolishly went roller skating in my early 30's and promptly fell and broke my arm which required a plate and screws, which are still there nearly 40 years later.  It hurt a lot longer than they said it would, but eventually got to the point where it didn't.  Now I am still aware of the plate being present and you can feel the screws by touching my arm, but everything works OK and no pain after a couple of years at the start. 

A family member who fractured his wrist was told by a reputable orthopedic specialist to expect it to continue to hurt for a very long time, and that a year is not a very long time.  He said it hurt a lot less often after a year, but still could feel it from time to time and did not expect it to ever fully subside.  X-rays, and a CAT scan, verified that the bone had healed well, but that did nothing to affect the pain upon motion.

The fact that you continue to improve is encouraging. But I wonder if doctors intentionally don't tell people how long it might be uncomfortable in order to get them to at least take some precautions during the initial, most crucial healing stages?

Mar 19 24 03:27 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
Sarah, I am sorry to hear about your injury and your losses.

As far as ongoing pain from broken or fractured bones, it is real. I foolishly went roller skating in my early 30's and promptly fell and broke my arm which required a plate and screws, which are still there nearly 40 years later.  It hurt a lot longer than they said it would, but eventually got to the point where it didn't.  Now I am still aware of the plate being present and you can feel the screws by touching my arm, but everything works OK and no pain after a couple of years at the start. 

A family member who fractured his wrist was told by a reputable orthopedic specialist to expect it to continue to hurt for a very long time, and that a year is not a very long time.  He said it hurt a lot less often after a year, but still could feel it from time to time and did not expect it to ever fully subside.  X-rays, and a CAT scan, verified that the bone had healed well, but that did nothing to affect the pain upon motion.

The fact that you continue to improve is encouraging. But I wonder if doctors intentionally don't tell people how long it might be uncomfortable in order to get them to at least take some precautions during the initial, most crucial healing stages?

That is exactly what I think is happening. Even the internet doesn't talk about how long the pain lasts. I just want someone to be straight up with me about it. I admit I don't know anything about healing with broken bones, like just tell me!

Mar 20 24 09:12 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I think I am convinced that cortisone injections might be the path. I am fine until I walk more than 15 or 20 steps. My laundry room at my apartment complex is 4 trips altogether and I worked it out to be about a mile. My ankle was on FIRE the other day and was sore for hours. A lot of my modeling job this time of year involves hiking outdoors and that is just something I cannot do right now. I am wondering if PT would help with that? I talked to a friend who does that for a living and he told me he thinks it is pointless for someone in my position but I don't know anything about it? This whole thing has been so detrimental to me physically, mentally, and emotionally.  I think once I endure these shots and MAYBE have some PT, April/May might be better for me and the light at the end of the tunnel. One of the worst things happened yesterday. I have an 18 year old son I have on the weekends (well, I don't have a car right now so it is every other weekend sad), and he is mentally challenged. His mind is around 6 or 7. (Fragile X Syndrome) He wanted to talk to my dad (Papaw Neil he calls him) and I had to explain that he is gone. He only knows that with his dad's dogs that have died. I think he thinks my dad is now with his dogs. He did not understand it. It was so heartbreaking. With repetition, I think he will eventually "get it"... Sigh.

Anyway, I don't know how often I will be in here for updates and who cares, but I have a disconnect notice for my electric which went up 50% recently (yay monopolies sad) for April 4th and I do not have April's rent. If anyone can donate, it would be appreciated.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-with-re … -i-recover

Mar 24 24 01:47 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

This made me cry. Completely ruined my day.

I lost four different jobs in the past week and so I can't pay my rent, and I have a disconnect for April 4th on my electric. So I thought, I would post on Craigslist about my availability. Yes, I had to say in all capital letters, do not message me for sex work. But then I get stuff like this. I have been fighting my entire career to not be objectified. I can't control what people do with the shots they take of me but almost all of them have been just trying to work the right side of their brain creating art with an aesthetic female form. I know that. There is nothing sexual about anything I do. So for someone to sexualize me and my work like this just cut me in half.

https://i.ibb.co/86Bnvbd/432940233-10168602451280327-1947873275044597381-n.jpg

Mar 26 24 11:31 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Model Sarah wrote:
That is exactly what I think is happening. Even the internet doesn't talk about how long the pain lasts. I just want someone to be straight up with me about it. I admit I don't know anything about healing with broken bones, like just tell me!

For what it's worth:
I broke my wrist in the Spring of 2019.
I went to the Doctor after six months.
Four or so months later I was finished with plate implant and cast.
I still feel twinges from time to time.

Mar 26 24 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Model Sarah wrote:
I am wondering if PT would help with that?

You can do gentle exercises on your own. Keep in mind that motion helps the bones to knit.
The advantage of PT is that the therapist will force you into painful motion.

Mar 26 24 12:30 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
This made me cry. Completely ruined my day.

I lost four different jobs in the past week and so I can't pay my rent, and I have a disconnect for April 4th on my electric. So I thought, I would post on Craigslist about my availability. Yes, I had to say in all capital letters, do not message me for sex work. But then I get stuff like this. I have been fighting my entire career to not be objectified. I can't control what people do with the shots they take of me but almost all of them have been just trying to work the right side of their brain creating art with an aesthetic female form. I know that. There is nothing sexual about anything I do. So for someone to sexualize me and my work like this just cut me in half.
https://i.ibb.co/86Bnvbd/432940233-10168602451280327-1947873275044597381-n.jpg

Jesus! What a creep! It may give you little satisfaction, but definitely report this moron to Craigslist.

Made me sick reading this.

Mar 26 24 01:23 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Mark Salo wrote:

For what it's worth:
I broke my wrist in the Spring of 2019.
I went to the Doctor after six months.
Four or so months later I was finished with plate implant and cast.
I still feel twinges from time to time.

The pain is starting to subside, I think! Just in the past couple of days it feels better. I hope I am turning a corner!

Mar 29 24 12:11 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I noticed the breakdown of my supplier charges have doubled in the past 6 months adding $50 on each month even though I was behind AND on a payment plan that they are adding to my balance like I never paid it. Apparently if you are on a payment plan you are supposed to pay that as well as the current balance or you are penalized. I live in a small 2 bedroom apartment. I literally have two lamps, a refrigerator, a laptop that I use. And I am one of those people that turn off a light when I leave the room for a considerable amount of time. I use one of those portable radiator oil heaters. I haven't turned on my actual heat since before Christmas because of how mild our winter has been. AND I was gone for about a month of that from 2 weeks late last year and 2 weeks last month.

Edit: Aep's supplier charge basically doubled sometime in the summer of last year. Yay. sad

I feel like I am drowning on top of my dad being gone and my injury.

I thought I was turning a corner and it just piles on. Not sure why I am saying this here but..well...alone and all that.

https://imgtr.ee/images/2024/04/06/57722a05fbb707241c96d048c9295e97.png

https://imgtr.ee/images/2024/04/06/5ecc13fe7a492193b1c2342b31f4caa5.png

Apr 06 24 06:17 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Nevermind. I have no food. No one cares.

I'm probably not going to be in here much more often. With as much as people say this site is dead, it is, but the majority of people who read/responded/donated were from here. I wanted to thank anyone that donated and actually read/responded. This has helped me. Anything anyone can do to help is much appreciated.

Thank you all.

Apr 10 24 08:11 am Link