Forums > Photography Talk > AI gear review=Real Stupidity

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Looking for some flash trigger info for the new hotness, my google searching led me to this article:

https://dslrcamerasearch.com/best-flash … blad-907x/

The author  - supposedly “Joseph” does lay out most of the common strobe units on the market (none particularly well suited for the 907x) …but I found it amusing that he insists on describing them in terms of Flash media (aka SD cards). 

As an example, Joseph goes to describe the Canon 600EX-IIRT - a strobe I am very, very familiar with, since I own several and use these guys for all sorts of location things…however, despite years of working with them, I never knew that:

“ The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT memory card offers outstanding capacity for storage as well as exceptional performance, and it was designed specifically for Canon photographers who use the Hasselblad 907X. It provides quick and fast data transfer because of its high-speed read and writes capabilities, which frees your attention so that you can concentrate on producing stunning photographs.

A large amount of storage capacity means that you have sufficient area for your high-resolution pictures and RAW files, providing you the flexibility to shoot without worrying about whether or not you will run out of storage space. The Canon Speedlite 600EX II-RT memory card includes stability and performance, making it a perfect choice for professional photographers. This card may be used for photography in a studio or out in the field.”

Given his Bio info, I am shocked - SHOCKED I tell you - that he does not seem to know the difference between a flash unit and flash media

“ Joseph is a talented photographer and videographer based in the USA, with a thriving career as a freelance creative. Over the past several years, he has had the privilege of working with renowned brands, capturing captivating images and videos. His portfolio encompasses a diverse range of subjects, specializing in fashion, portrait, and lifestyle content creation. From editorial shoots to engaging social media videos, Joseph's versatile skills ensure exceptional visual storytelling in every project. Beyond his professional endeavors, he nurtures a personal passion for travel and nature photography, channeling his deep appreciation for the environment into a commitment to sustainability and environmental causes.”

Oct 11 23 07:59 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Astounding!

For every flash that he lists, he describes memory cards.
What kind of a site is dslrcamerasearch.com to allow such a review?

"Joseph is a talented photographer and videographer based in the USA . . . His portfolio encompasses a diverse range of subjects."
I surely wish that a link to his portfolio had been provided.

Oct 11 23 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

Marc S Photography

Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

It's always possible that the web site was hacked.

Oct 11 23 03:30 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

Doubtful….that would be a very subtle hack indeed.  More likely it’s just a lazy way to generate eyeball  ad dollars and no editorial oversight at all….they just don’t actually care about the content, just the keyword hits.

I did try, to be sure, and the Canon 600 ExII-RT is too large to fit the memory card slot of a ‘Blad 907x.a regular SD card, fits fine, however.   If anyone has any of the other strobe units in the article, have you e er tried using them as storage media?

Oct 12 23 05:48 am Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

The article seems to have disappeared.

Oct 12 23 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

The whole site had disappeared this morning, but the site, and that article are back on line if you need to evaluate the data storage features and benefits of Godox, Nikon, and Canon speed lights amongst others

Oct 13 23 07:16 am Link

Photographer

phpcat

Corcoran, California, US

The Best Flash for Nikon D850 page was lots better.

Oct 13 23 10:36 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

phpcat wrote:
The Best Flash for Nikon D850 page was lots better.

The article referenced in this thread: "Best Flash for Hasselblad 907X" is the only one distorted by AI. The other articles on that site are at least coherent. But can we trust them?

Oct 14 23 07:24 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

dp

Oct 14 23 07:34 am Link

Photographer

phpcat

Corcoran, California, US

Mark Salo wrote:
The article referenced in this thread: "Best Flash for Hasselblad 907X" is the only one distorted by AI. The other articles on that site are at least coherent. But can we trust them?

Certainly not.  The lack of attention to detail along with all the amazon links suggest the motive of the person who created such a site was to get money.  The Hasselblad page was insulting, and the Nikon page was also pretty bad in the sense there are some products there which I personally would not recommend to people, and there are only nice things mentioned about them.  The flash units I do use are not even included, and the Profoto product is ranked way down at number six.  I really don't know why the two pages are so different, except maybe there are more people visiting the Nikon page, given the Hasselblad cameras cost more than I paid for my house.

Oct 15 23 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

phpcat wrote:
The Hasselblad page was insulting,

The Hasselblad page is too silly to be insulting. No one with any brains will pay any attention to it.
The other pages are too stupid to fool anyone but rank amateurs.

Oct 15 23 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

phpcat wrote:
given the Hasselblad cameras cost more than I paid for my house.

You paid less than $8200 for your house??!,

Mar 25 24 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

phpcat

Corcoran, California, US

Studio NSFW wrote:
You paid less than $8200 for your house??!,

I must have been thinking of Phase One and not Hasselblad.  Anyway, I will stick with the $3,500 cameras.

Mar 26 24 12:37 am Link