Forums > Model Colloquy > What to do with the "girly bits" photos

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

I would suggest shooting to adult level and leaving the worrying to the furrow-browed wretches who like to worry about things of little importance. Don't sweat the small stuff (Tura Satana).

Mar 20 24 04:58 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
What would You expect a from a professional photographer if it was Your wife that was being photographed?

Would you want some A-Hole Creep out there who snuck some photos of her 'girly bits' and she never knew they were showing (and certainly didn't ask to have them in the photos)?

You'd probably call the police . . . (at least I'd hope you would) !

Reread the OP:
" Recently, several models were very "open" with their poses, consciously showing very NSFW content."

These were not photos that he snuck. Models were aware of what they were showing. If the agreement says that they get all of the images, send them all of the images.

I have had a model show some labia when that was not the intention of the shoot. I mentioned it to her and she adjusted her pose.

Apr 27 24 10:36 am Link

Photographer

JSouthworth

Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom

All Yours Photography wrote:
Reread the OP:
" Recently, several models were very "open" with their poses, consciously showing very NSFW content."

These were not photos that he snuck. Models were aware of what they were showing. If the agreement says that they get all of the images, send them all of the images.

I have had a model show some labia when that was not the intention of the shoot. I mentioned it to her and she adjusted her pose.

Ideally you don't really want to interrupt the flow of a photo shoot by telling the model to adjust her pose, I think it's better to encourage them to express themselves, however clever they are at posing. When I do a photo shoot I usually give the model general instructions like "let's do some kneeling poses" or "let's do some poses with the (prop item)".

Whatever you do, you can't expect to get more than a certain percentage of good pictures so anything which would tend to slow down the pace of shooting is generally to be avoided. You don't usually have the time to direct a model into or out of poses.

Apr 29 24 06:07 am Link