Forums > Newbie Forum > Couple photo shoot with another model

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

If I had a couple photo session with another model which not on this site, can I post my photos with her?

Aug 16 23 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

Frozen Logic

Lewisville, Texas, US

Do you own the photos?  If not, is there a release signed by the owner of the photos giving you the right to post them? If you are the photographer who created the images I believe you own them.

Aug 16 23 10:26 pm Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

Ask the photographer, who owns the rights, what you are allowed to do with the pictures. That should be in your contract/work agreement. There may be restrictions because of the second model. It is good  that you care enough to ask, that is a level of professionalism not always seen here!

Aug 17 23 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Anna Dark wrote:
If I had a couple photo session with another model which not on this site, can I post my photos with her?

yes, you can post them. model mayhem does not prohibit that.

side note:
if theres someone else in the images its always courteous to ask the other person if they mind you uploading the pics somewhere.
however, if the images were taken with the intent to use for a portfolio or social media then thats already been established and theres no need to ask the other person.
in the USA: photographer maintains copyright, you have usage right for the images you were provided.

Aug 17 23 05:52 pm Link

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

I own the rights to these photos. I just did not know if it is possible to upload photos of people who are not on this site.

Thank you for your answers.

Aug 18 23 07:08 pm Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Definitely.  As long as you have the right to post them, it doesn't matter if other people not a part of MM were in the images or were the photographer (or artist) who created them.

I've been doing that as long as I've been here, and have lots of stuff done by non- MM members or featuring other people who are not on MM.

Aug 20 23 08:35 am Link

Photographer

Skydancer Photos

Santa Cruz, California, US

Yes agreed, and you are correct regarding models may post images of themselves for portfolio/promotional use without owning copyright.

Paolo D Photography wrote:
yes, you can post them. model mayhem does not prohibit that.

side note:
if theres someone else in the images its always courteous to ask the other person if they mind you uploading the pics somewhere.
however, if the images were taken with the intent to use for a portfolio or social media then thats already been established and theres no need to ask the other person.
in the USA: photographer maintains copyright, you have usage right for the images you were provided.

Aug 20 23 08:36 am Link

Model

Anna Dark

Miami, Florida, US

I understand. Thank you.

Aug 24 23 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

As long you have the permission of the copyright holder, and the permission of the other model, I know of no reason why MM would object.

Rick

Sep 11 23 07:26 am Link

Photographer

Adventure Photos

Palos Park, Illinois, US

Anna Dark wrote:
I understand. Thank you.

Yes, there are many models who post up unnamed partner, and more photographers who do.  They just list "model not on MM' to refer to them.  I don't think I've ever seen any link included to help out the other model. Might not be allowed here to refer to off site link that is not your own.

Sep 16 23 03:36 pm Link