Forums > Model Colloquy > weight gain

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

B-F-G wrote:
It honestly seems a bit unprofessional to me to not have a portfolio that reflects your current looks and build.  It's not that hard to keep up to date unless someone has been unable to get gigs recently (and then, a statement reflecting that and the build change is warranted.)

Photographers have a right to reasonable expectations.  Of course, I'm relatively inexperienced, and my portfolio leaves nothing to the imagination nor hides the fact that I'm overweight, so I may not have any room to talk here.  Still, full honesty, transparency and trust are important in any professional relationship.  If I showed up looking substantially different than the portfolio I was hired on, I don't think I could expect to get paid.

I see your profile is no longer active. 

It is somewhat "unprofessional" not to have a current portfolio, however there are various reasons for not keeping up to date on this website.  First one that comes to mind is that maybe they are not professional.  After all, being professional is not a requirement to model, or have a portfolio on this site.  Others might have other reasons, like medical issues, typical weight fluctuations, having a child, or who knows what?  All people can change even from day to day, but the portfolio is supposed to give a general idea. 

A right for reasonable expectations is not just for photographers, but EVERYONE including models of course ..You are being honest about yourself, and that is what is important.  The key is communication. The Internet is a great tool for communication, but it certainly is not perfect as the users are not perfect. Follow through on your requirements as to what you intend to shoot. Meet in person before shooting if at all possible.

May 13 23 07:03 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Nat the droid wrote:
I always send people recent pictures and post reels on Instagram so people can see what I look like

I'm still recovering from back to back steroids but I'm not dead so eeeey 😂

You are an excellent model.  Very professional.  if you are willing, I'd hire you again.  However I really want to do somethings (like NFT's) with my past work which may include some of you.  We should communicate sometime in the near future after I get moved and set up in Las Vegas.

May 13 23 07:10 pm Link

Model

Nat the droid

Sacramento, California, US

Patrick Walberg wrote:

You are an excellent model.  Very professional.  if you are willing, I'd hire you again.  However I really want to do somethings (like NFT's) with my past work which may include some of you.  We should communicate sometime in the near future after I get moved and set up in Las Vegas.

The only "NFT" i care to contribute to is a physical tangible good that's one of a kind, like a painting or drawing

May 14 23 09:49 am Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Patrick Walberg wrote:

Nat the droid wrote:
The only "NFT" i care to contribute to is a physical tangible good that's one of a kind, like a painting or drawing

LIKED "physical tangible good" ..  I do plan to display one of a kind paintings and drawings at the gallery.  I mention "NFT's" because I am exploring it as an option possible for my own photos of which a few you were a model for. 

The thing is that I've heard that NFT's are supposedly "one of a kind" but I don't understand how that is possible.  I have what seems like a million images to go through from my grandfathers photography work photographing Crow Indians back in the early 1900's, then my photography of mostly musicians and models since 1979.  If I do make NFT's of my grandfathers work, it will benefit the Indians. Anything I do with regards to NFT's I will do so while consulting an attorney regarding use rights and protections.  So this is just me researching before I create any NFT's. 

Back to the one of a kind!   My friend in Las Vegas and I are in negotiation to open an art gallery in which we will display paintings, drawings and ceramics.  It will be associated with our creation studio and our office.  We are in the process of looking for the best location for it.  Currently I'm in negotiation with some artists who are interested.  This is all pending.

Supporting the arts is important to me!  By the way, I am considering purchasing some of your own works.

May 14 23 01:11 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Dea and the Beast wrote:
That's really up to you to check and ask for a recent cell selfie.  It's not that difficult.

Also not like any halfway serious model doesn't also run 5 social accounts simultaneously one could visit.

Regarding the security of our statistics (such as weight), photos and most any content on this website, the security is weak.  You posted about someone "Not A Photographer" emailing you an offer that should have gone into your spam bin.  He/she/it bot says they found your images on this website.  The fact is that when you block someone on MM, it hardly does anything but prevent them from messaging you.  Log off and you can see everyone's images profiles .. everything!  This website has problems and that is why I am working on relaunching my own after making some major adjustments from what I've been learning here since 2005. 

Dea, it is true that most of us have multiple accounts on many platforms because of our line of work. Whomever sent you that email is very likely NOT a member here.  I do believe the majority of photographers on this site are at least somewhat decent folks if not great people. 

If this were like Facebook or Instagram, we would not be able to read or respond to comments made by the person who we blocked or those who block us. AND we would certainly not be able to access their profile on those more secure platforms.  It's really weird, but I still see "Friends" on here who have blocked me from messaging, but I can see everything else including profile and photos.   Strange?

May 14 23 01:50 pm Link

Model

Nat the droid

If you wrote as much as you posted in the forums your book would have been done.

NFTs are the newest fad pyramid scheme, so I mean go nuts if you have images of me you want to use that for. I'm not going to willingly and consciously create NFTs.

May 14 23 07:43 pm Link

Model

Dea and the Beast

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Nat the droid wrote:
If you wrote as much as you posted in the forums your book would have been done.

NFTs are the newest fad pyramid scheme, so I mean go nuts if you have images of me you want to use that for. I'm not going to willingly and consciously create NFTs.

I minted one from an unsolicited dick pic. With cell phone number and all..I think it's still up for like 340 ETH.. lol

May 15 23 12:18 pm Link

Model

Nat the droid

Dea and the Beast wrote:

I minted one from an unsolicited dick pic. With cell phone number and all..I think it's still up for like 340 ETH.. lol

Well shit 😂😂😂

May 15 23 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

Nat the droid wrote:

Thank you!  After all, I am a writer, so I take that as a compliment.

Nat the droid wrote:

I'm researching NFT's and what the cost is in making them before I do anything.  There is a more serious thread regarding NFT's in General Industry which I am following.

Before I move forward with doing anything with images of models I've shot with in the past, AND before I do anything with the images of the celebrity musicians I've shot with in the past, I will be attempting to contact those people or their living relatives, and also I will be consulting with lawyers as well.  There will at the very least be in our studio a Live Stream or Podcast booth to help promote creatives that come through.  I am working on a couple books at this time.

May 15 23 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

Age old issue. The model should be asked if there are any changes to her profile, and then tell you if there are. If she deceives you, then you cancel the shoot, and send her home, and chalk it up to human behavior.

Rick

Sep 08 23 02:03 pm Link