Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Merry Christmas!

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Hi Everyone.

Can't believe there wasn't already a 'Merry Christmas' thread.
So, Merry Christmas!

Dec 25 22 04:07 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Merry Christmas to one and all!!!!

Dec 25 22 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Merry Christmas all, and may you all  have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous 2023!

Dec 25 22 07:41 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Well, I didn't have to look back too far to find the "Merry Christmas" thread I made last year.
I also see, somewhat regrettably, that my pandemic-time boredom attempts to be ironically more ridiculous than those who were doing it unironically, are still hanging out on the first page in SF2.
nuts

so.... *bump*

Hope everyone is still well, and lurking about.
Happy Ho-ho.
See ya next year.

Dec 18 23 10:36 am Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Merry Christmas to all and happy holidays to those celebrating other holidays

Dec 18 23 11:20 am Link

Photographer

Managing Light

Salem, Virginia, US

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

And Happy New Year to this unsettled worldl

Dec 18 23 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Gold Rush Studio

Sacramento, California, US

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope Santa brings you all the gear of your dreams!

Dec 18 23 04:34 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Christmas is just a few days away.  Using the Julian calendar which is based off the Roman calendar, anyone care to guess why December 25th was chosen to be the birth date of Christ?  I have by own guess but would like to hear others.

Dec 21 23 11:50 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Possibly 18+
(I don't think it is but with all of the puritan rules that have recently been put in place I'm gonna be on the safe side)
https://photos.modelmayhem.com/photos/1 … d236_m.jpg

Dec 21 23 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

rxz wrote:
Christmas is just a few days away.  Using the Julian calendar which is based off the Roman calendar, anyone care to guess why December 25th was chosen to be the birth date of Christ?  I have by own guess but would like to hear others.

[EDIT]  Just forget the boring historical explanation...

I'd just like to wish everyone Merry Christmas / Season's Greetings!

Dec 21 23 07:50 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

LightDreams wrote:
[EDIT]  Just forget the boring historical explanation...

just like to wish everyone Merry Christmas / Season's Greetings!

I'm sorry to see you deleted your post.  I thought it was right on.  I agree we can credit the Christian's messiah's birth date to the Roman's Saturnalia holiday.  Saturnalia was to celebrate the winter solstice in the Northern hemisphere for the daylight to start getting longer and the end the hibernation of nature and the rebirth of planting and a new season of crops. The early believers in Christ realized he was a spiritual leader and not a political leader as viewed by the Jewish term Messiah.  So celebrating Christ during the Roman Saturnalia holiday allowed them to blend in versus standing out. Eventually an early Christian Pope recognized Dec 25th as Christ's birthday since it tied in with the rebirth of nature.   

Where are we today?  People today in the U.S. celebrate Christmas by being with and partying with friends and exchanging presents, like the Roman Pagans.  And personally, even my Buddhist, Jewish, and non-Christian believer friends celebrate Christmas. Fascinating. 

I find it interesting Christians refer to their Christ by his name as referred to by the Romans, Jesus.  Does any current Christian know his Jewish birth name?  Doing a web search, even Biblical historians don't know. 

Merry Christmas.

Dec 24 23 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

Shot By Adam

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Post hidden on Dec 27, 2023 03:51 am
Reason: violates rules
Comments:
The elements provided below are never allowed to be posted or shared on Model Mayhem in any form.
Any images showing persons that appear to be under the age of 18

Dec 24 23 05:01 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Post hidden on Dec 27, 2023 03:53 am
Reason: other
Comments:
Quotes hidden post

Dec 26 23 11:40 am Link

Photographer

Weldphoto

Charleston, South Carolina, US

rxz wrote:

LightDreams wrote:
[EDIT] 

I find it interesting Christians refer to their Christ by his name as referred to by the Romans, Jesus.  Does any current Christian know his Jewish birth name?  Doing a web search, even Biblical historians don't know. 

Merry Christmas.

According to Martrhew's gospel Joseph was told by the angel that he was to name the baby "Jesus". Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua. So His name in Hebrew was Joshua.

Since Christmas has twelve days I shall wish you a Happy Christmas (even on Boxing Day!)

Dec 26 23 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

Weldphoto wrote:

rxz wrote:

LightDreams wrote:
[EDIT] 

Merry Christmas.

According to Martrhew's gospel Joseph was told by the angel that he was to name the baby "Jesus". Jesus is the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua. So His name in Hebrew was Joshua.

Since Christmas has twelve days I shall wish you a Happy Christmas (even on Boxing Day!)

Historians researching the Bible for centuries have not come up with you simple answer.  There're still researching.  The Bible is an interesting book of stories.

Dec 26 23 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Weldphoto wrote:

rxz wrote:

Both INCORRECTLY quote me as supposedly saying...

LightDreams wrote:

Merry Christmas.

I said nothing even remotely close to what has been attributed to me in Weldphoto's, and then rxz's posts.

Although I DID edit an earlier post (scrapping a boring historical post that answered the question about the Roman's empire's calendar choice for the timing of Christmas) that was no relation to this quote, incorrectly attributed to me.  This quote is from someone else entirely (although I ALSO ended mine with "Merry Christmas"!).

I.E.  Just a quote editing error that completely changes who made the comments...

Dec 26 23 04:32 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Duplicate.

Dec 26 23 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Studio NSFW

Pacifica, California, US

A very happy whatever you believe in or don’t to one and all!

Dec 26 23 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Studio NSFW wrote:
A very happy whatever you believe in or don’t to one and all!

Nailed it!

Dec 26 23 06:36 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

I am just wishing everyone to be happy, that is all.

Dec 26 23 08:11 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Model Sarah wrote:
I am just wishing everyone to be happy, that is all.

Yes, and Peace on Earth if that is at all possible.

Dec 27 23 01:30 am Link