Forums > Newbie Forum > Introducing myself to the world! Hi!

Model

DarlingAmber

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hello.

I joined this website three months ago, but have not dipped my toes into the forum or community. Being located in Brisbane, Australia it doesn't look like there would be so much of a chance to get in touch with people in my area to work with through these forums - as they appear to be kind of US centric as far as I can tell? I'd love to be wrong about that. Having the ability to have more chats with people to learn about the industry and landscape as exists in my neck of the woods would be extremely handy!

I'll venture my way into the forums anyway, even if it seems unlikely I'll bump into someone from my city. smile - I'd love to get to a point where I can do the travelling model thing one day and meet people from around the world making cool art.

I've only started doing modelling for photography recently - but I've been consistently working as a nude model for art classes since 2018. In the short time that I've been on here I've been lucky enough to work with some great photographers on a TFP basis and have built up my profile and have started to book some paid gigs, so thats nice.

Aug 19 22 09:25 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

Try the browse feature at the top of this page to search for members near you.

Female and Male all artist types in Brisbane, Australia
560 artists

At  7' 3" and 62 lbs this may help or hinder you.

Aug 19 22 12:20 pm Link

Model

DarlingAmber

I've been using the browse feature for my local area and I have connected with some folk and worked on some neat projects. I just am not sure if I would find anyone local to me to chat with in the forums section, so I hadn't used the forum section of the website yet - but I thought I might pop my head in and say hello. smile

Edit: Oh... thanks for pointing out that my height and weight is super janky hahaha! I'm not sure how that happened. I'll fix that up.

Aug 19 22 12:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

DarlingAmber wrote:
I'll venture my way into the forums anyway, even if it seems unlikely I'll bump into someone from my city.

I just am not sure if I would find anyone local to me to chat with in the forums section, so I hadn't used the forum section of the website yet - but I thought I might pop my head in and say hello. smile

Chatting can be all over the world. Still it is wise to include your location in the thread title.

Aug 19 22 01:19 pm Link

Model

DarlingAmber

I did a search of the forums before I wrote a post here for all posts in the forums which mention the words 'Brisbane' or 'Australia' anywhere in the titles or post content in the last year, and there doesn't seem to be too much local action going on in these woods. smile

Aug 21 22 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

DarlingAmber wrote:
I did a search of the forums before I wrote a post here for all posts in the forums which mention the words 'Brisbane' or 'Australia' anywhere in the titles or post content in the last year, and there doesn't seem to be too much local action going on in these woods. smile

Not the same as doing a "browse".

Aug 21 22 11:10 am Link

Model

DarlingAmber

I know. smile

I've been using the browse feature as well!

Aug 21 22 12:08 pm Link