Forums > General Industry > have you heard Willihemenia agency?

Model

Tina Louise

Sanford, Florida, US

I went to to an agency yesterday(NOT Wilhelmina) Who stated..."That they laugh at models and photographers on this site because we don't know what we are doing?"Even though, This is where they found me!! I walked away. After that experience,Now i'm scared to even consider Willihemina who I have an appt with in the upcoming weeks...PLEASSSE HELP...what do you guys think...agency or not...I wanna see myself in the cover of Guess..How do I get there:)I know I'm short:)))))

Dec 13 06 11:22 am Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Well, you're 5'2" so unless you become a celebrity the odds of you doing a major fashion campaign like Guess are zero.  There's plenty of other kinds of work, though.

I'd suggest reading www.newmodels.com, it'll have a lot of answers to your questions. 

Good luck!  smile

Dec 13 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

billi

MCKINNEY, Texas, US

tina... don'tmention model mayhem... they need not know unless they ask if you have some sort of portfolio online... then just tell them you do and leave it at that. if you try to make mm seem like more than it is then you might get the same response.

as for guess... i'm sorry sweety but i have to agree with the poster above... at your height it's pretty impossible unless, like she said, become some sort of celebrity in acting or music or something... and even then it won't be easy.

Dec 13 06 11:57 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Do you mean Wilhelmina?

They are an excellent agency.  Like all excellent agencies, they believe that what happens here is orthogonal (or worse) to what happens in their industry.

Just don't mention it to them.

Dec 13 06 01:03 pm Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

TXPhotog wrote:
Do you mean Wilhelmina?

They are an excellent agency.  Like all excellent agencies, they believe that what happens here is orthogonal (or worse) to what happens in their industry.

Just don't mention it to them.

Did Wilhelmina ever get away from that online scam operation they were involved in a couple of years ago?

Dec 13 06 01:24 pm Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

C David Stephens wrote:
Did Wilhelmina ever get away from that online scam operation they were involved in a couple of years ago?

Wilhelmina wasn't actually involved in the scam, what they did was license their name thinking it would be a good thing.  It didn't take them long to realize they made a mistake and pull the plug.

I am sure that had Wilhelmina realized what they were getting into it never would have happened.

Dec 13 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

Perc Powell Studios

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Willie in a great agency... I booked with them hundreds of times when I was in NY. If they are interested in you.. It's definately worth the time to meet with them. I agree that mentioning sites like this is a big mistake.

In interviews.. I find "Less is More" .. show your book and answer the quetions they have.. don't expound, keep answers short, sweet, and honest.

Good luck,

Perc.

Dec 13 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Stan The Man

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Its  beyond me that models in general want to go big fast ... when in actual fact they can have a steady income from doing a Sears, Target or JCpenny catalogue!!! am I missing something!??

Dec 13 06 01:42 pm Link

Photographer

Stan The Man

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Its  beyond me that models in general want to go big fast ... when in actual fact they can have a steady income from doing a Sears, Target or JCpenny catalogue!!! am I missing something!??

Dec 13 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

STANLEY LAFLEUR wrote:

Apparently you are.

You only have one chance to "go big" and it almost always happens early in life.  There will be plenty of time later to do the more commercial jobs.

Dec 13 06 01:48 pm Link