Forums > General Industry > Nude for Free

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Hey gang,

I was discussing this with another online model and she was telling me about her work and basically why she does what she does. When I asked her about her rates for nude work, she said it depended. When I pressed, she said if it were a folio shoot and the photographer was a credible, talented and entirely professional photographer, she'd do it for 'free' or TFP. She said she never does nudes with anyone who isn't strictly an experienced professional with countless shoots behind him and feels she is getting just as much out of the shoot as he is because the images have been spectacular. She says money means nothing if the images are useless and she'd rather have exceptional photos than money from amateurs that will disappear fairly quickly but have damaging images that will be around forever.

Sooo...interesting viewpoint I thought. What do y'all think of her idea?

Dec 13 06 06:48 am Link

Photographer

dgold

Pawtucket, Rhode Island, US

Ah, quality!
Hooray!!
Pose for pay AND quality is within reach.

Dec 13 06 06:57 am Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

There seems to be those who try to make "when to shoot TFP Rules" and what is normal and what is not policies.  I used to be one of those as well. There are none.  Each individual shoot and agreement is up to each individual model and photographer.  You do what is right for you....photographers do the same thing and have fun in the process.

Dec 13 06 06:57 am Link

Photographer

00siris

New York, New York, US

Be ye weary of the "internet modeling" phenomenon.

Besides, already discussed CURRENTLY

Dec 13 06 07:00 am Link

Model

Kelly Kooper

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

Ooh cool. We'll just head over there then smile Thanks for the link!

Dec 13 06 07:10 am Link