Forums > Newbie Forum > Returning to the Scene - as a Mature Model!

Model

CyndyP

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

After a long hiatus, am returning to modelling and loving it!  I am so grateful to several wonderfully kind, generous and patient photographers who've agreed to collaborate with me in building a start to my online IG portfolio.

Check me out @cyn.on.camera

Would love for some honest and constructive feedback from the experienced folks here on MM re my photo's included on my page here or on my IG account.

Any Toronto or GTA based photographers or artists out there looking to work with a mature (over 50) model to build up both of our portfolios?  Let me know your concepts and ideas - would love to get involved in some artistic, B&W and light-play work!  My target area to work is in fashion, editorial, creative/artistic, fit, lifestyle.

Cheers smile

Dec 24 21 04:19 pm Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

CyndyP wrote:
After a long hiatus, am returning to modelling and loving it!  I am so grateful to several wonderfully kind, generous and patient photographers who've agreed to collaborate with me in building a start to my online IG portfolio.

Check me out @cyn.on.camera

Would love for some honest and constructive feedback from the experienced folks here on MM re my photo's included on my page here or on my IG account.

Any Toronto or GTA based photographers or artists out there looking to work with a mature (over 50) model to build up both of our portfolios?  Let me know your concepts and ideas - would love to get involved in some artistic, B&W and light-play work!  My target area to work is in fashion, editorial, creative/artistic, fit, lifestyle.

Cheers smile

Welcome Back!

Under Forum rules we can't give feedback in Newbie Forum, only in the Critique or Serious Critique Forums.

So without it being a critique of your images in any way, just a few general comments about portfolios: I find thumbnail size images distract from a portfolio (they make it hard to see in detail) and, while I use shadows an awful lot in my work, there are times when I believe it doesn't work in a model's portfolio, for example, a silhouette. Personally, I find it refreshing when (most of the) images are clear and well taken, I also find it nice when there are not to many images in a portfolio, to me 10-20 are ideal.

Good luck.
JT

Dec 25 21 04:41 am Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Welcome back, wishing you much success

Dec 26 21 08:10 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

Welcome back!   It was already brought up that we can't critique in sections other than the actual critique forums.

If I can still model at age 69, you are just barely on the edge of mature at 53!  Don't ever stop.

Dec 26 21 08:34 am Link

Model

Pixi Lotus

Dallas, Texas, US

Greetings, fellow earthlings!

Hope all is well, and hope you all have a happy new years! I wanted to post my instagram link incase anyone wanted to connect on there, as well as my link tree, just has everything all in one place. If you follow me, I will follow you back 

https://www.instagram.com/pixibabyyy97/
https://linktr.ee/pixibabyyy97

Dec 27 21 08:26 am Link

Photographer

JT Life Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Pixi Lotus wrote:
Greetings, fellow earthlings!

Hope all is well, and hope you all have a happy new years! I wanted to post my instagram link incase anyone wanted to connect on there, as well as my link tree, just has everything all in one place. If you follow me, I will follow you back 

https://www.instagram.com/pixibabyyy97/
https://linktr.ee/pixibabyyy97

Pixi, you have been a member for 4 years, long enough to know that spamming other people's threads is frowned upon. If you want to introduce yourself just start a separate thread in the Newbie section, if you want criticism of your port just start in the critique section. But please don't spam other peoples threads. It is considered rude. Best, JT

Dec 28 21 01:45 pm Link