Forums > Newbie Forum > Goth girl - Sorta new! ;D

Model

Myrin

Coral Springs, Florida, US

Hello! My name is Myrin and it's been a while since I've been on here. How the heck are ya?

I took a long break due to my work from modeling. Now that gigs and clubs are starting to open up a little more here in South Florida I'm dying to get myself out there again!

I do have a question. How does one apply to model clothes from brands? Do I need to find an agency first or directly contact the brand?

I'm so rusty! T-T

Dec 09 21 08:57 am Link

Photographer

Francisco Castro

Cincinnati, Ohio, US

Myrin wrote:
Hello! My name is Myrin and it's been a while since I've been on here. How the heck are ya?

I took a long break due to my work from modeling. Now that gigs and clubs are starting to open up a little more here in South Florida I'm dying to get myself out there again!

I do have a question. How does one apply to model clothes from brands? Do I need to find an agency first or directly contact the brand?

I'm so rusty! T-T

It's all about eyeballs. How many eyeballs can you get to see the clothes. For that, you need social media followers. Once you get to relatively high number (in the mid to upper 5 figures), start tagging the companies so they can see what sort of buzz you can generate. Companies are also giving out "deal codes" that's tied to you personally. "Hey guys! Buy these jeans and when you check out, use this code Myrin2020 to get 10% off!". When they do, the company can actually track your impact.

Agencies can help, but agencies are also looking to represent people who also already have a following. If you do, then the risk to them isn't as big. You have a base on which to build.

So, until you make it, the name of the game is Eyeballs. How many?

Dec 09 21 05:57 pm Link