Forums > General Industry > Parents uncomfortable w/ fashion industry

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Los Angeles, California, US

Josh Dil wrote:
Not to name anyone specifically but there is definitely reasons for the mother being uncomfortable.. especially if she has browsed the forums here any..  there is one photographer that posts about nothing but women... himself being aroused.. and taking pictures while aroused...  I think that is a little unprofessional and part of the reason the mother is concerned...  Some people make other people look bad.. if you know what I mean

I see . . . guilty by association.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 19 06 10:13 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Arghhh!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 19 06 10:16 am Link

Photographer

Miles Chandler

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

JAY carreon wrote:
Now, I hope it is you that doesn't take offense at my dissection of your post.
JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

No, not at all. But you asked for our thoughts. I still think your communication style might have been improved, but as somebody pointed out, if the mother is that paranoid it's just as well that you don't have to deal with her.

Dec 19 06 10:27 am Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Several photographers here maintain a seperate MM account for their nude work, using a different name. Some people just don't get it, and it's best not to show them distracting information like nipples and bare butts at all.

Dec 19 06 10:29 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

JAY carreon wrote:

Melvin, please don't tell me that you are going to allow yourself to fall victim to that whole "underage, under-18 models are trouble" scare?!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Well Jay, when you do overtly sexual imagery the way I do, you're an idiot if you're not afraid of minors.  If the rest of you want to spend/waste your time dealing with minors and their paranoid parents, good luck with it.

Dec 19 06 10:42 am Link

Photographer

californian

JAY carreon wrote:
Arghhh!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Jay, you seem frustrated by everything that is said here, even the compliments you lash out at. What is it you were hoping to hear?

Dec 19 06 11:00 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

thehitter wrote:

Jay, you seem frustrated by everything that is said here, even the compliments you lash out at. What is it you were hoping to hear?

Oh, actually - that was a double post I edited.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 20 06 02:24 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Melvin Moten Jr wrote:
Well Jay, when you do overtly sexual imagery the way I do, you're an idiot if you're not afraid of minors.  If the rest of you want to spend/waste your time dealing with minors and their paranoid parents, good luck with it.

Actually, some of the best models I've worked with have been underage.  They more than make up for their lack of experience with enthusiasm!  And there is that little bit of "pride" at being one of the first photographers to work with a girl who goes on to a successful modeling career.  I imagine that must be what it's like to raise a child and then attend her college graduation.  I highly recommend the experience, Melvin. 

Here's a toast to the wrinkle-free!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 20 06 02:28 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Ched wrote:
Several photographers here maintain a seperate MM account for their nude work, using a different name. Some people just don't get it, and it's best not to show them distracting information like nipples and bare butts at all.

Thanks Ched - made me burst out laughing!  I really don't feel like maintaining a second MM account since I don't show my MM to clients at all.  I do maintain two other online portfolios dichotomized into my "American" (non-nude) and "European" (yummy yummy skin) work.

You're right - some people don't get it and can't see the forest for the trees or, in this case, the fashion for the nipples.

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 20 06 02:33 am Link

Photographer

J C ModeFotografie

Miles Chandler wrote:

No, not at all. But you asked for our thoughts. I still think your communication style might have been improved, but as somebody pointed out, if the mother is that paranoid it's just as well that you don't have to deal with her.

That's why I'm so lucky I get to deal with you lovely people!

JAY carreon
PHOTOGRAPHER

Dec 20 06 02:34 am Link

Photographer

Mike Kelcher

Minneapolis, Minnesota, US

All I know, is that I wouldn't want to let my daughter work with a scum-bag like me.  Wait a minute.  I'm not a scum-bag.  I'm a harmless pervert. Yeah, OK.  Nevermind.

Dec 20 06 02:39 am Link