Forums > Newbie Forum > Billie Marie ✨

Model

Billie Marie

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

Hey Everyone, I'm Billie Marie.

Im a full time multi passionate Artistic Model. I describe my artistic expression as earthy, elegant & editorial

I shoot Artistic. Natural. Editorial. Elegant. Earthy. & Fetish.

Having modelled and artistically performed for professional and hobbyist photographers, I am comfortable working with or without direction.

Located in Brisbane and can travel. Tour booked in Syd for January 2022, dates TBC.

Creative workshops booked for 2022. msg for details.

Inspired? Show me your mood boards & playlists. Together, we can create art.

My Booking Terms & Shoot Conditions https://bookingtermsandshootconditions.paperform.co

Instagram @billie.artmodel
Mailing list for website & inspiration https://view.flodesk.com/pages/610d10f2023b00029ab0a4b6

Nov 30 21 10:04 pm Link

Photographer

FASHION AND BEAUTY

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi Billie,

And welcome if you ever visit London let,s shoot

Regards IAN...

Nov 30 21 11:59 pm Link

Photographer

WoWimages

Palm Beach, Florida, US

No thanks, unreasonable terms if I am paying.

Dec 01 21 09:55 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

WoWimages wrote:
No thanks, unreasonable terms if I am paying.

I can see where you're coming from and I agree.
While many of the terms are understandable in some cases, only a few are valid terms in practically all cases.

There's one term that's used which almost always baffles me:
"The reselling of shots is prohibited unless previously discussed & payment arrangement determined (25% of profit or a once off amount)."

First, the minor point on that statement.  It doesn't specify which payment will be accepted... the lower amount of the higher of the two options.

The more severe point is "25% of profit ". 
What constitutes profit???
While there may be some difference in accounting methods and laws in Australia and the USA, for the most part I'm guessing they're the same.

Pretend I take a photo which I paid a model $100 to pose for and sold it for $10,000.
Under the conditions that the model required I can EASILY show that I didn't make any profit, and maybe even lost money doing the shoot therefore I don't owe anything more than the original fee (if any).

I could claim expenses on studio mortgage / rent.  Props and wardrobe that needed to be purchased, utility bills, travel and transportation expenses, equipment costs and/or depreciation.... and so on and so on... making it appear that I spent more than $10grand for the shoot leaving me with NO PROFIT!

When you enter the term 'profit' into a contract you literrally have to describe what constitues 'profit'.  At a minimum that would require a paragraph or two to define, but more realistically would take a page or more.

For that reason I'd seriously re-think the terms.

Other than the points I've made I hope Bille becomes a success.

Dec 01 21 11:08 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Hi Billie Marie,

Should you ever find yourself in New York, I'd be very interested in working with you! Welcome!

JQ

Dec 02 21 05:01 am Link

Photographer

LnN Studio

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

Welcome

I read your terms and conditions out of curiousity but if I was actually considering working with you I wouldn't get past just looking at the length of the list.

While many of the points are a given, like time and location etc, that list makes one think about consulting their lawyer.

Best of luck

Dec 02 21 07:22 am Link