Forums > Newbie Forum > Erotic / Lingerie Newbie

Model

IAmAshDee

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I'm keen to build up my portfolio on lingerie and bordouir photography. I don't need any paid assignment and will bear the costs for a studio. Importantly, the photographer needs to guide me as I am inexperienced. Bring out the wild cat in me!

Mar 26 21 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

welcome to MM and good luck.

If youre looking to book a photographer you can create a casting call (read all the rules)
https://www.modelmayhem.com/casting/search_casting

or browse and message someone who has work you like:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/browse

Mar 26 21 09:41 pm Link

Model

IAmAshDee

Singapore, Singapore, Singapore

I'll do that. Thank you so much for the guidance.

Mar 26 21 09:52 pm Link

Photographer

Paolo D Photography

San Francisco, California, US

you're welcome! any more questions feel free to ask here, someone will answer.
theres also an "EDU" tab too that has some info on how to use MM which can be helpful:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/education/

Mar 26 21 11:58 pm Link

Photographer

Bob Helm Photography

Cherry Hill, New Jersey, US

Welcome to MM and may it exceed your expectations.

Mar 27 21 07:24 am Link

Model

Myla Fraga

Houston, Texas, US

Post hidden on Apr 24, 2021 12:33 pm
Reason: off-topic

Apr 24 21 11:19 am Link

Photographer

Lallure Photographic

Taylors, South Carolina, US

You do realize that only local photogs are going to do that, right?

Rick

Aug 30 21 11:23 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I hope you realize that "Boudoir Photography"or any kind of provocative posing for photographs is against the law in Singapore.

I was invited to do a lecture on Glamour Photography for the organization of Singapore photographers (invited by the government). I was told that I could show my seminar images, as long as there were no nudes, no lingerie, no provocatively posed models shown, or I would be in violation of the nation's laws (think canning and jail).

My lecture usually contains around 250 images . . . By the time I removed the offending images, I was down to about 40 photos showing set construction and male assistants standing in for lighting tests. I only brought those into the country.

In attendance at the seminar was the Prime Minister, National Security Minister, Army Generals and Chief of Police. I'm sure they were ready to pounce on me if I so much as showed a fully dressed model with her knees slightly apart.

However, everything went smoothly. My assistant and I were treated to a week of wonderful meals, first class accommodations, tours of the interesting places and airfare.

Aug 30 21 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Ken Marcus Studios wrote:
I hope you realize that "Boudoir Photography"or any kind of provocative posing for photographs is against the law in Singapore.

I was invited to do a lecture on Glamour Photography for the organization of Singapore photographers (invited by the government). I was told that I could show my seminar images, as long as there were no nudes, no lingerie, no provocatively posed models shown, or I would be in violation of the nation's laws (think canning and jail).

My lecture usually contains around 250 images . . . By the time I removed the offending images, I was down to about 40 photos showing set construction and male assistants standing in for lighting tests. I only brought those into the country.

In attendance at the seminar was the Prime Minister, National Security Minister, Army Generals and Chief of Police. I'm sure they were ready to pounce on me if I so much as showed a fully dressed model with her knees slightly apart.

However, everything went smoothly. My assistant and I were treated to a week of wonderful meals, first class accommodations, tours of the interesting places and airfare.

I'm curious, did you have some sort of government liaison or something of the sort who could give you a thumbs up/down any of images you ended up showing?

Aug 31 21 12:22 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

IAmAshDee wrote:
I'm keen to build up my portfolio on lingerie and bordouir photography. I don't need any paid assignment and will bear the costs for a studio. Importantly, the photographer needs to guide me as I am inexperienced. Bring out the wild cat in me!

Beat of luck to you.  You have potential.

Aug 31 21 05:28 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

IAmAshDee wrote:

AshDee, I’m hopping on the next bus to Singapore!
I’ll bring out the wild tiger in you so much you’ll be chasing down game you did not even know lived in your forest!!! LoL
Hey I just found out the Singapore bus doesn’t even stop here!!!
Yes, as was said, you can do a casting call but better yet, do a “search” for photographers in your area and contact only those that shoot the caliber and style of the shots you would like taken. Be very picky and try to work only with the best. That should get you high quality results.
Good luck and welcome to MM!! 😋📷🙏🏼
John

Sep 13 21 02:15 am Link

Photographer

Mark Salo

Olney, Maryland, US

John Silva Photography wrote:
Yes, as was said, you can do a casting call but better yet, do a “search” for photographers in your area and contact only those that shoot the caliber and style of the shots you would like taken.

"Search" aka "browse" at the top of this page.

Sep 13 21 05:18 am Link

Photographer

Ken Marcus Studios

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

John Jebbia  wrote:
I'm curious, did you have some sort of government liaison or something of the sort who could give you a thumbs up/down any of images you ended up showing?

Yes . .  it was one of the office staff of the Prime Minister.
They were very clear that there was to be no nudity of any kind (not even 'implied').
No images of women or men in any sort of 'provocative poses'. No open legs, no bikini's, no buttocks even with thongs or grandma panties, no cleavage or bare backed dresses. Basically NO ANYTHING that I have in my lecture presentation.

I only used images of just the sets, sometimes with a male assistant standing in for lighting tests, and lots of talking about how I set up the technical end of the shoot and very little about the models or posing techniques.

To answer your question more specifically, I was not allowed to send any images into the country for approval or disapproval, as they were note allowed to receive any questionable materials from outside sources.

KM

Sep 13 21 09:20 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Mark Salo wrote:

"Search" aka "browse" at the top of this page.

Mark, thanks so much for both the correction and the clarification!
I hope I didn't add any confusion!!!
John

Sep 13 21 10:06 am Link

Photographer

Jason McKendricks

Chico, California, US

This thread was created nearly six months ago. Did the OP ever unleash the wild cat within?

Sep 15 21 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Bootyful Boudoir Photos

Los Angeles, California, US

If you are ever in Los Angeles California, you can contact my boudoir studio

Bootyful Boudoir - Los Angeles Boudoir Photography Studio

Oct 09 21 06:59 pm Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Jason McKendricks wrote:
This thread was created nearly six months ago. Did the OP ever unleash the wild cat within?

The OP wasn't gonna unleash the wild cat...., she was looking for a photographer to do that for her!
If the OP would be kind enough to send me a R/T fare to Singapore, I promise to pullout all the STOPS and make that wild cat ROAR!!!
John

Oct 12 21 11:50 pm Link