Forums > General Industry > Is this the typical way a design house...

Model

Bryanna Nova

Milford, New Jersey, US

solicits models?  If so, we are in serious trouble folks.

XXXXXXX
12/11/06 5:22 AM

Hello Beautiful

how are you

My name is XXXXX, i am fashion designer, i am in this feild since last 7 years. I am intrested in working with you for long term period. if you are intrested in working with us you may send us at least 9 pictures (of bikkni, lingere, Casual) along with profile to enable us evaluate.
No head shoots

Please also inform us your contact number along with email address.

our email address is: XXXXXXXXX

All the traveling, hotel, food expenses will be paid by us

waiting for your reply

Take care

XXXXXXXXXXX

Bryanna Nicole
12/11/06 8:02 AM
(Message read) 
Hello

Just an FYI - Bryanna is 16 and goes no where alone, so if you offer travel expenses, it must be for two. Also, she has no lingerie shots, again I will reitertate - she is only 16

Forward me information on your business and I will consider your offer.

Thank you
Tracy

XXXXXX
12/12/06 3:04 AM
Tracy

are you her manager?

Honey, if she likes to work with us, we will give her a year contract. she will only work for us for the whole year, we also provide her a appartment and food allownce.

Regarding her age, other girls under 18 have send us their pics as required by us. because its our requirment.

We will offer travel expense for her. if she wants to bring someone, most welcome.

Regarding us. we are in this feild since last 7 years. we have 2 brand label. XXXXXXXXX & XXXXXXX Xx e.g. just like Victoria Secret.

waiting for your reply!

My *final reply -

Bryanna Nicole
12/12/06 9:45 AM
(Unread) 
XXXXXX,

I am her mother - and if you had taken the time to read her profile, you would have been well aware of that fact. In this, I would appreciate it if you would not address me as "Honey". (and your assumption I was her manager, I cannot believe you speak to those you plan to do business with - with such disrespect. I can only imagine how you treat your models)

Regarding her age - I couldn't care less what "other girls under 18" have sent to you per *your requirements. I am not about to go out and shoot my 16 yr old daughter in lingerie to meet anyone's "requirements".

You will offer travel expenses, yet you have yet to reveal the location she is to be traveling to - I find that more than a little odd.

Too, the fact you would be interested in a 16 yr old (MINOR CHILD) to model your clothing line that is "just like Victoria Secret"

What I also find odd is a fashion design house with 2 "brand labels" that has been in business for 7 years and doesn't have a speck of searchable information available on the net.

I think we'll pass
Regards,
Tracy

Honestly... even if this IS/WAS a reputable Design House with any sort of positive reputation - I would NEVER do business with them.

How about you?

Dec 12 06 10:00 am Link

Photographer

M Pandolfo Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

All that was missing was the phrase, "me love you long time" and the Nigerian reply address.

Dec 12 06 10:06 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

ROTFLMAO

Studio36

Dec 12 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

studio36uk

Tavai, Sigave, Wallis and Futuna

Michael Pandolfo wrote:
All that was missing was the phrase, "me love you long time" and the Nigerian reply address.

Actually the syntax and use of English points to someone learning English in eastern Europe.

Studio36

Dec 12 06 10:09 am Link

Photographer

Scott Harrill

Forest City, North Carolina, US

Sounds like someone fishing for photographs - possibly to put on their pay website. Nothing but a scam.

Dec 12 06 10:10 am Link

Model

Fifi

Gainesville, Florida, US

Bryanna Nicole wrote:
solicits models?  If so, we are in serious trouble folks.

XXXXXXX
12/11/06 5:22 AM

Hello Beautiful

how are you

My name is XXXXX, i am fashion designer, i am in this feild since last 7 years. I am intrested in working with you for long term period. if you are intrested in working with us you may send us at least 9 pictures (of bikkni, lingere, Casual) along with profile to enable us evaluate.
No head shoots

Please also inform us your contact number along with email address.

our email address is: XXXXXXXXX

All the traveling, hotel, food expenses will be paid by us

waiting for your reply

Take care

XXXXXXXXXXX

Bryanna Nicole
12/11/06 8:02 AM
(Message read) 
Hello

Just an FYI - Bryanna is 16 and goes no where alone, so if you offer travel expenses, it must be for two. Also, she has no lingerie shots, again I will reitertate - she is only 16

Forward me information on your business and I will consider your offer.

Thank you
Tracy

XXXXXX
12/12/06 3:04 AM
Tracy

are you her manager?

Honey, if she likes to work with us, we will give her a year contract. she will only work for us for the whole year, we also provide her a appartment and food allownce.

Regarding her age, other girls under 18 have send us their pics as required by us. because its our requirment.

We will offer travel expense for her. if she wants to bring someone, most welcome.

Regarding us. we are in this feild since last 7 years. we have 2 brand label. XXXXXXXXX & XXXXXXX Xx e.g. just like Victoria Secret.

waiting for your reply!

My *final reply -

Honestly... even if this IS/WAS a reputable Design House with any sort of positive reputation - I would NEVER do business with them.

How about you?

You're awesome.... I wish all these other underage models had mothers looking our for them. Some of them, it makes you wonder if their parents even care.

By the way, Bryanna is gorgeous. I wish her all the luck in the world! big_smile

Dec 12 06 10:11 am Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

Borat.

Dec 12 06 10:12 am Link

Clothing Designer

Damsel White Label

Houston, Texas, US

Um...at this time, I would like to point out that there are a lot of people that like to sew and call themselves designers.  GWSMs.

Dec 12 06 11:34 am Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

The sad thing is it may work, even wiht bad english and all.   You did a great job on the replies.

By the way your daughter is lovely and luckly to have a parent that is helping out.  I like the port you've put toghether for her.  Did you do her website?

Dec 12 06 11:46 am Link

Photographer

c_d_s

Lubbock, Texas, US

Are you her manager?

I'm her mother.

Priceless.

Dec 12 06 12:24 pm Link

Photographer

RoadRunner Photography

Belle Vernon, Pennsylvania, US

Kudo's to mom!  No this is not typical, and as has been stated previously, it is some sort of scam.  Also think it is great that you are involved, we have been contacted by a number of under 18's from another site, and as soon as I say "great, have mom or dad contact me so we can set up a time" we never hear from them again...

Keep up the good work!

Dec 12 06 11:25 pm Link

Model

Bryanna Nova

Milford, New Jersey, US

For anyone who is interested.. surprisingly he did respond back to my message..

XXXXXXX
12/13/06 2:56 AM

Dear Madam

I think now its sounds ok with you.

Regarding whr to travel, place will be Frankfurt Germany
Regarding relation with models, and how i handle. We work in very healthy friendly requirment.

Regarding you cant find our brand labels on net. let me chk and i will inform you accordingly or may our website in under mintiance maybe thts why you cant find our website on net.

let me chk

if you are intrested you may send us your daughter pics along with her profile to enable us to eveulate and inform you accordingly.

thanks

The obvious (and progressively worsening) issues he seems to have with "typing English" continues to irk me.. 

and just an FYI - his port states he is from Pakistan - Frankfurt, Germany is a pretty good haul.. no?

(if nothing more.. it's amusing!)

Dec 13 06 12:53 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

This kind of crap is just so shady.  Keep up the good work.  Your daughter has a great portfolio and with your help she should do just fine.  Check out Jessica L.  MM#14903.  her mom is seriously involved in her work and I'm sure it has only helped.
Again, great portfolio and keep shooting.

Dec 13 06 01:04 pm Link

Model

AprilinCA

Murrieta, California, US

Bryanna Nicole wrote:
I am her mother -

I have to laugh at this! The BEST censorship technology, and protection of children is STILL the same one it has been since the dawn of man. Not government imposed legislation, not electronic technology.

But the most simple technology ever invented.  MOM!

It's too bad that more of the mothers and fathers out there aren't doing their jobs!

Jan 13 07 03:41 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Davis

Gulf Breeze, Florida, US

Bryanna Nicole wrote:
For anyone who is interested.. surprisingly he did respond back to my message..

The obvious (and progressively worsening) issues he seems to have with "typing English" continues to irk me.. 

and just an FYI - his port states he is from Pakistan - Frankfurt, Germany is a pretty good haul.. no?

(if nothing more.. it's amusing!)

Frankfurt is home of a huge airport.  Many flights to Germany from Eastern US go to Frankfurt.

Jan 13 07 03:44 pm Link

Model

Jessalyn

Denver, Colorado, US

well done mom smile I'm glad to see that there are at least a few responsible models out there that include their mother in their online activities.

Jan 13 07 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

fstopdreams

Chattanooga, Tennessee, US

Germans don't screw up their English like that - I'm stereotyping but most of the Germans I've met are meticulous to a fault. If you've ever watched Monk, well he could be an honorary German.

Jan 13 07 03:45 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

As you now know, the scam seems to be continuing!

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=109110

Jan 13 07 04:46 pm Link