Forums > Off-Topic Discussion > Pandemic Warnings

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

rfordphotos wrote:
The White House opens up another round of free, at-home virus tests to order through the Postal Service.
----  https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/17/us/p … biden.html

The latest round of free Covid home tests is now available--- this time they will send 8 total tests, as opposed to the four they sent in the first two rounds.

The tests are available at:

https://www.covid.gov/tests

I was going to provide a link to free covid tests via USPS but apparently that is expired now. I seem to be the only person who never contracted it. My son got it from school. Was VERY sick for a week. Poor little guy sounded like a frog. I have had $1000 in shoots cancel this month because of covid. I am not sure if this is the new "my grandma died" or just everyone but me has had it. I am $700 behind in rent because of this that is due tomorrow. I am SOOOOO tired of this thing. It feels like it is creating ptsd. sad

Sep 02 22 11:44 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

I'm sorry that it's also hurting you financially.  It's been such a real pain in so many different ways.  I really hope that business picks up for you soon!

Sep 02 22 08:32 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

LightDreams wrote:
I'm sorry that it's also hurting you financially.  It's been such a real pain in so many different ways.  I really hope that business picks up for you soon!

It completely killed my almost two decade career. No one is creating anymore. Every model I know but myself has an OF now. No matter how many shoots I book, EVERYONE is sick. I'd currently rather work sick if I were but that is obviously not responsible. Rock and hard place or whatever the saying is. sad

Sep 03 22 09:11 am Link

Photographer

rfordphotos

Antioch, California, US

When this all started, I knew it could be bad. I was worried about the disease and the deaths it might cause and the impact on the economy--and the school kids..... BUT I NEVER DREAMED HOW BIG AN IMPACT IT WAS REALLY GOING TO HAVE.

As a senior citizen, in my circle of friends and family pretty much everybody lost someone- either a relative or friend.

In working adults the disease was bad, but the impact on their jobs was devastating... Plants closed, small business simply vanished--- as Sarah says the arts disappeared with all that means---

but the kids--- their education is permanently scarred. It will take years for some to regain their readings skills--- the dropout rate went thru the roof, the college entrance rates plummeted. The impact on their lives is immeasurable, the impact on the future workplace is impossible to calculate.

Sep 03 22 09:45 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

rfordphotos wrote:
When this all started, I knew it could be bad. I was worried about the disease and the deaths it might cause and the impact on the economy--and the school kids..... BUT I NEVER DREAMED HOW BIG AN IMPACT IT WAS REALLY GOING TO HAVE.

As a senior citizen, in my circle of friends and family pretty much everybody lost someone- either a relative or friend.

In working adults the disease was bad, but the impact on their jobs was devastating... Plants closed, small business simply vanished--- as Sarah says the arts disappeared with all that means---

but the kids--- their education is permanently scarred. It will take years for some to regain their readings skills--- the dropout rate went thru the roof, the college entrance rates plummeted. The impact on their lives is immeasurable, the impact on the future workplace is impossible to calculate.

It is unbelievable. I mean we are STILL living in this almost 3 years later. I don't know about you all, but I have completely lost track of time. I was signing something recently and I said; "what year is it?" Wtf.

I went through some pretty heavy depression through this. I mostly made it through but it is still there. I mean my CAREER of being a traveling model is over. Everyone just put a camera down and never picked one up again. Recently I realized photographers who used to hire me frequently haven't logged on in a year or two so I have been messaging them to see if they just stopped photographing or if they are even alive. I never thought those words would come out of my mouth.

The kid thing and school - my son seems to be the only kid I know that flourished being home schooled. He is autistic and mentally challenged so, of course, he hates being in public school. My sister's kids are all a grade behind and they missed pivotal moments in high school like homecoming, prom, and graduation. They all tell me they are scarred from it.

Sep 03 22 11:24 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

https://apnews.com/article/health-calif … 3cff0b2674

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A naturopathic doctor who sold fake COVID-19 immunization treatments and fraudulent vaccination cards during the height of the coronavirus pandemic was sentenced in California on Tuesday to nearly three years in prison, federal prosecutors said.

Juli A. Mazi pleaded guilty last April in federal court in San Francisco to one count of wire fraud and one count of false statements related to health care matters.

During Tuesday’s hearing, U.S. District Judge Charles R. Breyer handed down a sentence of 33 months, according to Joshua Stueve, a spokesperson for the U.S. Department of Justice.

Mazi, of Napa, did not immediately respond to phone calls and an email seeking comment. She was ordered to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons on or before January 6, 2023.

The case is the first federal criminal fraud prosecution related to fraudulent Centers for Disease Control and Prevention vaccination cards for COVID-19, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.

Dec 02 22 02:22 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

Scientist from Wuhan says Covid ‘leaked from lab' and he was 'terrified by what he saw'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sc … bfe624a1c9

What this shows is the dangers of this culture of know nothings and their creation of the soviet style "disinformation" campaigns when they shut down the ability to even discuss scientific matters because they have settled the scientific matter in their political Kool-Aid.  scientists....had their accounts cancelled and censored when reporting even the possibility Covid escaped from the lab and was created. 

and to even tie this in to the Pelosi incident which still isnt being told truthfully, despite having police body cam footage for weeks, two different agencies had different accounts of Mr Pelosi's actions when the police arrived. one he came to the door, and inexplicably walked back to the intruder, and the other....they police opened the door and the two were both holding the hammer. the truth..... has been suppressed in BOTH accounts. somethin funny was going on.

Dec 05 22 06:07 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

For anyone that might be tempted to take Tony seriously, please consider his remarkable track record.

Whether the topic was the pandemic, or how Trump would win the Presidency by a landslide, claims about "false scaremongering" about Trump and his respect for elections, democracy and the constitution, the Pelosi attack being staged by the Democrats to make Republicans "look bad", or on how stunningly well the Republicans were going to do in the midterms...

And on and on it goes.

Consider his rather long, and quite remarkable, track record and decide for yourselves.

Dec 05 22 08:54 am Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

From the Daily Express. Not exactly renowned for their unwavering journalistic excellence. Sourced from a guy whose selling a book.

Dec 05 22 09:51 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Los Angeles, California, US

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
What this shows is the dangers of this culture of know nothings and their creation of the soviet style "disinformation" campaigns when they shut down the ability to even discuss scientific matters because they have settled the scientific matter in their political Kool-Aid. .

Monumental un-self awareness being a key characteristic of MAGA cult, this is the perfect description of the Donald J Dickhead presidency. Thank you.

"and to even tie this in to the Pelosi incident which still isnt being told truthfully, "

Leave it to the MAGA cult to CONTINUALLY resurrect their insane conspiracies after being debunked over and over.

"one he came to the door, and inexplicably walked back to the intruder, and the other....they police opened the door and the two were both holding the hammer. the truth."

Realizing innuendo is one of the MAGA cult's favorite tactics, just say what you mean. Spit it out. Or better yet, just shut the fuck up.

"and to even tie this in to the Pelosi incident....the truth..... has been suppressed in BOTH accounts. something funny was going on."

Just so we can understand the workings of the MAGA "mind", explain the logic used in linking Covid with the Paul Pelosi incident. Go ahead, we all need a good laugh since Herschel has been muzzled.

Dec 05 22 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

EdBPhotography

Torrance, California, US

Focuspuller wrote:

Who hurt you??

Dec 05 22 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

rxz

Glen Ellyn, Illinois, US

I have resided in a few Asian countries for almost one and a half years.  When locals there care down with a virus, they wore masks to keep from infecting others.  Americans don't seem to give a shit.  If they get sick, some seem to think it's their obligation to infect others.
I have received my annual flu and 5th Covid shot.  I feel safe now to interact with family and friends over the upcoming holidays.

Dec 06 22 04:13 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

rxz wrote:
I have resided in a few Asian countries for almost one and a half years.  When locals there care down with a virus, they wore masks to keep from infecting others.  Americans don't seem to give a shit.  If they get sick, some seem to think it's their obligation to infect others.
I have received my annual flu and 5th Covid shot.  I feel safe now to interact with family and friends over the upcoming holidays.

I've had my 5th Covid shot and annual flu shot.
Recently I got RSV, I wear a mask when I go out but many do not. I was sick (not REALLY sick but did not feel great), for 10 days or so. Be careful out there!!!!

Dec 06 22 08:01 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

It appears that these parents were willing to let their baby die- the doctors said he could not survive without open heart surgery to repair congenital heart defect- rather than allow him to receive blood from anyone who had been vaccinated because of the risk of death from the results of covid-19 vaccines in the donor blood.

"With the parents and doctors unable to agree on the infant’s treatment and blood transfusion, the New Zealand Health Service made an application under the Care of Children Act in November, asking the court to appoint a doctor to take temporary guardianship of the baby for his medical care only."

"New Zealand has relatively high vaccination rates for Covid-19, with about 90% of people aged 12 or above having had two shots, and more than 70% of eligible adults having received a first booster shot, according to its health ministry." 

New Zealanders must be falling over dead in the streets after having received the vaccines to promote such fear.

Dec 10 22 05:04 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

"Fox’s Tucker Carlson claimed in a segment Tuesday night. “Since the vax campaign began, there have been more than 1,500 total cardiac arrests in those leagues and two-thirds of those were fatal.”

Carlson was in fact referencing a letter, not a rigorous study, that McCullough and Polykretis published in a Scandinavian journal in late 2022."
[1]

If anyone needs a reminder, and just in case you are among the people that listen to Tucker Carlson's bullshit, "U.S. District Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil's opinion [in dismissing a suit], leaning heavily on the arguments of Fox's lawyers: The "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that [Carlson] is not 'stating actual facts' about the topics he discusses and is instead engaging in 'exaggeration' and 'non-literal commentary.' "

She [the judge] wrote: "Fox persuasively argues, that given Mr. Carlson's reputation, any reasonable viewer 'arrive[s] with an appropriate amount of skepticism' about the statement he makes."
[2].

Please note that Judge Mary Kay Vyskocil is a trump judge finding in favor of a right wing liar (aka darling) in a libel suit- where lies are usually the issue, and she dismisses the suit because Carlson is a liar.  nuts  Unfortunately, the judge over estimated the skepticism and underestimated the propensity of Carlson's viewers to fact check and discern the truth, as she specifies in her ruling that reasonable viewers would be skeptical of Carlson. Fox audiences are not composed of many people that could be described as reasonable.

The truth, of course, is much different from the "not actual facts" shared by Carlson. The misinformation that Carlson perpetuates includes deaths or persons with cancer and non-athletes regarding the false claim herein discussed. "For example, the list now includes a 71-year-old woman who died at home in Canada in December even while acknowledging her cause of death was not known and that her obituary suggested donations to a cancer charity. It also cites a news story about a 61-year-old Italian athletic trainer who reportedly died shortly after being diagnosed with leukemia."[1]

A dependable hint that the news is bogus is when the source tells you the vaccines are unsafe or deadly or implies that you are better off muscling through a covid infection.

Remember to get your news from reputable sources- not Carlson and other Fox talking heads, salacious bloggers, or right wing faux media in general.

We should also be aware that Carlson admits his judgement has been clouded by his hatred. "“That loathing clouded my judgment,” Carlson told Charlie Kirk, the founder of Turning Point USA, in an interview released on Monday. “I was like, ‘I dislike these people so much.""  He went on to say, “And I wanted that so much, not because I like the Republicans — I really dislike them more than I ever have — but I dislike the other side more.”"[3]

That Carlson's bluster should be ignored by all Americans, he admitted, “I have no freaking idea what goes on in American politics.”[3].

A commentator engaging in exaggeration and non-literal commentary, who allows his judgement to be clouded by his biases and hatred, while having "no freaking idea what goes on in American politics," should never be believed and should not have his own show.  He can live comfortably on his mother's fortune without spouting his exaggeration and non-literal commentary.

[1] https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-c … 9195878254
[2] https://www.npr.org/2020/09/29/91774712 … ox-s-lawye
[3] https://thehill.com/media/3799235-tucke … -midterms/

Jan 07 23 07:35 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

OPPORTUNISTIC LIARS FIND OPPORTUNITY AND LIE!

Big surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/opinions … ndex.html.
excerpts:

"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia tweeted: “Before the covid vaccines we didn’t see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now… How many people are dying suddenly? Time to investigate the covid vaccines.”

Throughout the pandemic, right-wing media outlets and personalities have repeatedly questioned the safety of Covid-19 mRNA vaccines, amplifying the unfounded claims of vaccine skeptics. On Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show the night after Hamlin’s collapse, Dr. Peter McCullough, a Dallas cardiologist and loud critic of Covid-19 vaccines, suggested that, “vaccine-induced myocarditis,” may have caused Hamlin’s episode.

Carlson told his audience, “Hamlin was still lying on the field, receiving CPR when self-described medical experts in the media, people with no demonstrated medical ethics at all, effectively witch doctors, decided to use his tragic life-threatening injuries as an opportunity to spread still more propaganda about the Covid shots. ‘It could not have been the shot,’ they told you. ‘Shut up.’ But, they’re lying. They don’t know that.”

During the same show, Carlson insinuated that athletes have been dying because of the Covid-19 vaccine, “Since the vax campaign began, there have been more than 1,500 total cardiac arrests in those leagues and two-thirds of those were fatal,” he claimed. 

Those statistics about deaths in athletes, promoted by Carlson, was taken from an letter published in a Scandinavian journal, whose only attribution was “GoodSciencing.com,” (which is about as credible as it sounds).

This is not the first time a tragedy has been used to promote Covid-19 vaccine disinformation. In December, in the aftermath of the sudden death of soccer journalist Grant Wahl, social media burned with cruel and false rumors that Wahl’s death was caused by the vaccines which his wife, Dr. Celine Gounder, advocated for.

An autopsy in New York subsequently found Wahl died of an unrelated ruptured aortic aneurysm.

As Gounder noted in an op-ed she later penned for the New York Times, she wanted to share the truth about the cause of her husband’s death to squash rumors that it had been the result of a Covid-19 vaccine.

The truth is, there is no evidence to suggest athletes have been dying due to the vaccines, and much is known about their safety. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 650 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the US, and their safety profiles have been well documented. Potential adverse vaccine events are collected by the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).

Earlier this week, Hamlin, who has since returned home from the hospital, went through “a comprehensive medical evaluation,” according to the Bills, but no cause of his cardiac arrest has been made public. It remains most likely, however, that Hamlin’s cardiac arrest just seconds after absorbing Higgins’s hit, was the result of “commotio cordis.” This uncommon, but well-described, phenomenon, named from the Latin for “agitation of the heart,” is a consequence of a potentially lethal arrhythmia generated by trauma to the chest at a precise and vulnerable moment in the heart’s electrical cycle."

If you have a medical emergency, hope that you are treated by real doctors rather than Republican quacks and politicians.

Jan 12 23 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

"Kraken" / Covid deaths up 44% just in the last week in the U.S.  3,907 Americans died last week, compared to 2,705 the week before

This surge in U.S. Covid deaths may be the most "missed" news story around, at the moment.  And I certainly understand why as I, along with everyone else, is quite tired of the whole issue.  But, reality is what it is.

As reported by The Guardian:

"In the past week, Covid deaths (in the U.S.) rose by 44%, from 2,705 in the week ending 4 January to 3,907 in the week ending 11 January.

This is one of the greatest surges of Covid cases in the entire pandemic...  It’s much lower than the peak in January 2022, but similar to the summer 2022 surge, which was the second biggest.

And it’s not done yet
."

Jan 15 23 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

Elizabeth, New Jersey, US

Hunter  GWPB wrote:
OPPORTUNISTIC LIARS FIND OPPORTUNITY AND LIE!

Big surprise.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/12/opinions … ndex.html.
excerpts:

"Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia tweeted: “Before the covid vaccines we didn’t see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now… How many people are dying suddenly? Time to investigate the covid vaccines.”

Throughout the pandemic, right-wing media outlets and personalities have repeatedly questioned the safety of Covid-19 mRNA vaccines, amplifying the unfounded claims of vaccine skeptics. On Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show the night after Hamlin’s collapse, Dr. Peter McCullough, a Dallas cardiologist and loud critic of Covid-19 vaccines, suggested that, “vaccine-induced myocarditis,” may have caused Hamlin’s episode.

Carlson told his audience, “Hamlin was still lying on the field, receiving CPR when self-described medical experts in the media, people with no demonstrated medical ethics at all, effectively witch doctors, decided to use his tragic life-threatening injuries as an opportunity to spread still more propaganda about the Covid shots. ‘It could not have been the shot,’ they told you. ‘Shut up.’ But, they’re lying. They don’t know that.”

During the same show, Carlson insinuated that athletes have been dying because of the Covid-19 vaccine, “Since the vax campaign began, there have been more than 1,500 total cardiac arrests in those leagues and two-thirds of those were fatal,” he claimed. 

Those statistics about deaths in athletes, promoted by Carlson, was taken from an letter published in a Scandinavian journal, whose only attribution was “GoodSciencing.com,” (which is about as credible as it sounds).

This is not the first time a tragedy has been used to promote Covid-19 vaccine disinformation. In December, in the aftermath of the sudden death of soccer journalist Grant Wahl, social media burned with cruel and false rumors that Wahl’s death was caused by the vaccines which his wife, Dr. Celine Gounder, advocated for.

An autopsy in New York subsequently found Wahl died of an unrelated ruptured aortic aneurysm.

As Gounder noted in an op-ed she later penned for the New York Times, she wanted to share the truth about the cause of her husband’s death to squash rumors that it had been the result of a Covid-19 vaccine.

The truth is, there is no evidence to suggest athletes have been dying due to the vaccines, and much is known about their safety. As per the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 650 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the US, and their safety profiles have been well documented. Potential adverse vaccine events are collected by the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).

Earlier this week, Hamlin, who has since returned home from the hospital, went through “a comprehensive medical evaluation,” according to the Bills, but no cause of his cardiac arrest has been made public. It remains most likely, however, that Hamlin’s cardiac arrest just seconds after absorbing Higgins’s hit, was the result of “commotio cordis.” This uncommon, but well-described, phenomenon, named from the Latin for “agitation of the heart,” is a consequence of a potentially lethal arrhythmia generated by trauma to the chest at a precise and vulnerable moment in the heart’s electrical cycle."

If you have a medical emergency, hope that you are treated by real doctors rather than Republican quacks and politicians.

I do find it concerning that in 45 years of watching sports I only ever remember a single case of someone dropping like a stone on the field, in the last 2 years I've seen it over a dozen times and just from watching my usual games.  I'm sure it's nothing, get your boosters.

Jan 23 23 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

Shadow Dancer wrote:

I've had my 5th Covid shot and annual flu shot.
Recently I got RSV, !!!!

LOL.  sorry, I don't really mean to laugh at you being sick, but it is funny.

Jan 23 23 04:50 pm Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Globefunseekers wrote:
I do find it concerning that in 45 years of watching sports I only ever remember a single case of someone dropping like a stone on the field, in the last 2 years I've seen it over a dozen times and just from watching my usual games.  I'm sure it's nothing, get your boosters.

big_smile

Your method of applying a series of parts of alcohol fueled days of observations of random, unidentified people, using a different sample each day, while on the beach or in a bar, to determine the local infection and death rates, was not a scientific study.  Unless you been watching the clips you lot falsely claim as evidence and pass around among the gullible, neither is your likely exaggerated claim of the number of over a dozen people you have witnessed "dropping like a stone on the field."  If you are watching clips, then your sample is nothing more then a self-fulfilling prophecy. You certainly don't provide evidence of the events or the associated causes- they would probably be debunked, certainly not supportive of your claims.  The propensity of the lunatic rightist vaccine septics blame every sudden medical event on the covid vaccine- and exonerate the disease of covid-19 itself, and its several variants- which is not illustrative of a reasoning or inquisitive mind.  But let's be clear- you are the doctor that has treated the dozen people you saw drop, so you actually have the expertise to know what you are talking about, right?

That you would continue to promote these thoughtless, inconsiderate and insensitive tropes, in addition to the cold hearted and Dunning-Kruger like, rightist bandwagon expressions you made in the quoted post and the subsequent one you delivered, is meant to be indicative of a man with some compassion?  If so, you missed the mark.  You laugh- and then go out of your way to make a public display of gleeful ignorance- because someone got sick from something that he was not vaccinated for?  As if you are immune?  When vaccines are not 100% protection?  As if that illness was- what- ironic?  Anticipated?  Deserved?  Or you just made a stupid and insensitive comment?  Oh yeah, that's right- ignoring basic human decency protocols and manners makes you powerful because you are rejecting being politically correct?  Your laughter was not funny.  It is pathetic, juvenile, and debased.

Has anyone wished you ill in this thread despite your obnoxious, ill-informed, insensitive and falsehood laden contributions?  Did anyone act with schadenfreude in regards to you or your father's health? 

You should be embarrassed.

Jan 23 23 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Globefunseekers wrote:

I do find it concerning that in 45 years of watching sports I only ever remember a single case of someone dropping like a stone on the field, in the last 2 years I've seen it over a dozen times and just from watching my usual games.
  I'm sure it's nothing, get your boosters.

This claim really took off with Marjorie Taylor Greene's tweet: "Before the covid vaccines we didn't see athletes dropping dead on the playing field like we do now... Time to investigate the covid vaccines."

I'm afraid that the "fact checkers" have already proven this anti-vax myth completely false.  It's ALWAYS been happening, and no, there's hasn't been any big change.

It just didn't stick in people's memory unless they thought it was extremely unusual (i.e. part of some "conspiracy", etc).

The BBC summarized the various scientific studies on the phenomena this way:

"A US study looking at athletes over four years found many unexplained deaths were in fact caused by cardiac arrest - a cause more common in male and African-American players."

"Previous studies PRE-DATING COVID-19 note that there are approximately 100 to 150 sudden cardiac deaths during competitive sports in the United States each year."

I realize that you weren't trying to deliberately spread false anti-vax information.  But it's still completely false.

See, once again, Marjorie Taylor Greene's bullsh*t claims are a REALLY BAD source of scientific information.  Surprise, surprise...

Jan 24 23 10:10 am Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

You guys are funny, you've been wrong for 3 years about pretty much everything and still trust your fact checkers who fed you all the wrong information for 3 years.

Remember when you all said the covid deaths were not being overcounted?  As if hospitals with incentives to add covid to everything weren't doing it, years later your own CNN Doctor Expert comes out and said what I've been saying for years.  Now for some reason Canada especially where now mystery deaths are now the biggest killer, can't possibly be the thing everyone injected, You can't just assume it's that when it was perfectly fine to assume it was covid if you got shot, but had a cold.

https://nypost.com/2023/01/14/dr-leana- … ercounted/

Has anyone seen the new Project Veritas expose of Pfizer?  The biggest story of the last decade and nobody is covering it, must be because the media you all follow is interested in presenting you with facts, or the fact that for the last 2 years just about every news show is sponcered by them, and so is every fact checker.   

Get your boosters tho, they're very safe and effective I mean, it's a mild cold or a possible heart attack, those colds are killers.

Jan 27 23 07:48 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Globefunseekers wrote:
You guys are funny, you've been wrong for 3 years about pretty much everything and still trust your fact checkers who fed you all the wrong information for 3 years.

That's right!  Globefunseekers has been "right" on the pandemic, for the last 3 years...

(oh and by the way, the latest mass Canadian studies indicate that Covid deaths were significantly UNDER counted, despite Globefunseekers false claims...)

Some examples of "THE REAL FACTS" according to Globefunseekers:
(sample quotes from just 3 pages of this thread AFTER FIVE MILLION COVID DEATHS...)

Globefunseekers wrote:
I'm in the east coast and been around thousands of people and can say for a fact, THERE IS NO PANDEMIC.

... in fact every place without government envolvement the death rate is low.  I'm talking overall death rates NOT MADE UP VIRUS DEATHS.

Globefunseekers wrote:
DON'T GET TAKEN BY THE NUMBERS ON TV without any context, most people acording to a nurse friend of mine, DIED FROM THE TV PANIC, and many went to overwhelm the hospitals because they got a minor cold but thought they would die if they didn't get treatment.

(How do you die from "the TV panic"?)

Globefunseekers wrote:
There weren't 5.3 million deaths by covid

Globefunseekers wrote:
I am listening to the scientists, not the politicians, such as Kary Mullis inventor of the PCR tests...

(NOTE:  It turned out that "Kary Mullis" actually died years before the pandemic...)

Globefunseekers wrote:
the WHO always tries to spread panic, they work for pharma companies, the Swine flu was a scam too.

Globefunseekers wrote:
you can't really trust the CDC or the WHO, make up your own minds, as a psychologist recently said, most people are in a cult and can't be snapped out of it.  have fun with your pharma gene therapy.

Globefunseekers wrote:
More proof covid is a scam...

Globefunseekers wrote:
Pharma companies paid handsome amount for someone to play pandemic to sell the vax to a public that didn't need it.

and on and on, it goes...

There you have it.  Globefunseeker's stand on the pandemic.  Back when the death toll had already reached 5 million people.

Jan 27 23 10:07 am Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

LightDreams wrote:

Globefunseekers wrote:

😂😂😂Globefunseekers comes out of hibernation to spew more pandemic bullshit from the depths of the Konspiracy Klown Kar. The cherry on top is his referencing Project Veritas, a known right wing-biased fabricator of falsehoods and misinformation. What a joke these wackos are.

"Overall, we rate Project Veritas Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of misleading videos, unsubstantiated theories, and several failed fact checks. (11/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 01/26/2023)"

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/project-veritas/

Jan 27 23 11:40 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Globefunseekers wrote:

Your January 23rd post was about the high numbers of athletes that were dying as a result of the covid shot.  You yourself, you claimed, witnessed over a dozen drop like a stone.  You did not support your contentions with anything.  You were refuted.

As a response, on January 27th, you came back and supported your previous contention with- not undeniable fact, not by providing reputable sources, not by expanding and explaining your argument, but with a trip through the fantasy zone of opposite land, where you, who has ignored scientific efforts and fact in favor of the most absurd and juvenile arguments- you claimed that it was not you that had been constantly wrong.  The problem is, when you stand in front of a mirror and point your finger at the face you see in the reflection, and you tell the reflection they are wrong- it is still you that is wrong.

What you did come back with is a completely different argument and you referenced it to an article in the New York Post- a corny tabloid that likes to inflame rather than inform.  The New York Post is not a reputable source and if you had read your linked article, you might have noticed that it was no more than a she said this and that, based on what she thought and believed- much like you- and not conclusions based on a rigorous scientific study and evaluation of the numbers. 

Counting things and categorizing things that have multiple faucets and where judgement calls are made, is not the easiest thing in the world to do.  Limits for classifications can be arbitrary.  When selecting beads and dividing them into red or blue groups, what happens with the ones that are various shades of purple?  Is a warm blue an blue or does that hint of red make it a red?  Real people have to decide this about disease.  Would the person have died id COvid-19 was not a contributing factor?  It is easy for a drunk on the beach to make proclamations when they are not accountable for the things that they say. 

The claimants in the article do not cite factual numbers for the over counts.  But, get this- you missed this and it is rather important:  "Wen added, “Doron acknowledges that there is a gray zone in the data in which COVID might not be the primary cause of death but could have contributed to it.”

Towards the end of her piece, Wen declared, “To be clear, if the COVID death count turns out to be 30 percent of what’s currently reported, that’s still unacceptably high.”"
   Let me repeat that for you: “To be clear, if the COVID death count turns out to be 30 percent of what’s currently reported, that’s still unacceptably high.”  You have expressed a noticeable lack of concern for the lives of other people.  That you did not notice that one of the people that you think is supporting your view indicated that if less than one third of the deaths reported were the actual number of the deaths reported,  "THAT IS STILL UNACCEPTABLY HIGH."  You, who has denied there was a pandemic- though now seem to admit there was, is unqualified to be a judge of who was right and wrong.

I invite you to read the responses to your latest effort to disparage yourself, and come back with another unrelated topic, which you will somehow think supports your position on a previous item you were wrong about.  Or maybe, you really do know that you are deflecting away from one losing argument with another losing argument.  For another year you will repeat misinformation and make the most godawful attempts to be right and fail miserably.

Jan 27 23 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:

Globefunseekers wrote:

That's right!  Globefunseekers has been "right" on the pandemic, for the last 3 years...

(oh and by the way, the latest mass Canadian studies indicate that Covid deaths were significantly UNDER counted, despite Globefunseekers false claims...)

Some examples of "THE REAL FACTS" according to Globefunseekers:
(sample quotes from just 3 pages of this thread AFTER FIVE MILLION COVID DEATHS...)

Globefunseekers wrote:
I'm in the east coast and been around thousands of people and can say for a fact, THERE IS NO PANDEMIC.

... in fact every place without government envolvement the death rate is low.  I'm talking overall death rates NOT MADE UP VIRUS DEATHS.

Globefunseekers wrote:
DON'T GET TAKEN BY THE NUMBERS ON TV without any context, most people acording to a nurse friend of mine, DIED FROM THE TV PANIC, and many went to overwhelm the hospitals because they got a minor cold but thought they would die if they didn't get treatment.

(How do you die from "the TV panic"?)

Globefunseekers wrote:
There weren't 5.3 million deaths by covid

Globefunseekers wrote:
I am listening to the scientists, not the politicians, such as Kary Mullis inventor of the PCR tests...

(NOTE:  It turned out that "Kary Mullis" actually died years before the pandemic...)

Globefunseekers wrote:
the WHO always tries to spread panic, they work for pharma companies, the Swine flu was a scam too.

Globefunseekers wrote:
you can't really trust the CDC or the WHO, make up your own minds, as a psychologist recently said, most people are in a cult and can't be snapped out of it.  have fun with your pharma gene therapy.

I stand by all that, those 5 plus million died after the release of the "cure", interesting enough the control group which would be Africa since they pretty much rejected the "cure" don't have those kinds of numbers dying.  Leads to the conclusion that it's not the disease but the cure doing the killing.

Jan 27 23 02:54 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

Focuspuller wrote:

LightDreams wrote:

Globefunseekers wrote:

😂😂😂Globefunseekers comes out of hibernation to spew more pandemic bullshit from the depths of the Konspiracy Klown Kar. The cherry on top is his referencing Project Veritas, a known right wing-biased fabricator of falsehoods and misinformation. What a joke these wackos are.

"Overall, we rate Project Veritas Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of misleading videos, unsubstantiated theories, and several failed fact checks. (11/16/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 01/26/2023)"

Yes, taking a camera and ambush someone to disclose secrets they're keeping is "right wing", that's not journalism, I mean what kind of nut would think that getting camera confessions equals getting the truth out?  NO, NO, we should all do the "left wing" thing and just give our opinion on the matter and tell people that's the truth, you don't even need evidence, we can just get some opinion fact checker to say it's fact checked as fact because it was reported in the opinion news. LOL.

Jan 27 23 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Globefunseekers wrote:
I stand by all that, those 5 plus million died after the release of the "cure", interesting enough the control group which would be Africa since they pretty much rejected the "cure" don't have those kinds of numbers dying.  Leads to the conclusion that it's not the disease but the cure doing the killing.

For the record, Globefunseekers claims that it is "the cure" and "not the disease" that is "doing the killing".

I doubt that the moderators are paying attention anymore.   But, back in the day, anyone putting out that kind of deadly misinformation (the Covid vaccine is, supposedly, killing people, not Covid-19) would be long gone.

As many will remember, those new rules (banning those spreading Covid-19 and vaccination misinformation) were brought in immediately after (as a result of?) a wild rampage of Globefunseekers posts making those wild Covid ("no pandemic") denial and anti-Covid vaccination claims.

As MM explained at the time:

"While we do encourage legitimate debate, the management has decided that COVID misinformation poses a potential risk to the membership and for that reason this policy is warranted."

Jan 27 23 03:01 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

Focuspuller wrote:

LightDreams wrote:

Globefunseekers wrote:

I just had to check CNN hahahahaha
Their traffic is high, LOL. I get more views in some of my social media videos. hahaha

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/left/cnn-bias/

Jan 27 23 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:

For the record, Globefunseekers states that it is "the cure" and "not the disease" that is "doing the killing".

I doubt that the moderators are paying attention anymore.   But, back in the day, anyone putting out that kind of deadly misinformation (the Covid vaccine is, supposedly, killing people, not Covid-19) would be long gone.

As many will remember, those new rules (banning those spreading Covid-19 and vaccination misinformation) were brought in immediately after (as a result of?) a wild rampage of Globefunseekers posts making those exact false claims.

The reasons given by MM at the time:

"While we do encourage legitimate debate, the management has decided that COVID misinformation poses a potential risk to the membership and for that reason this policy is warranted."

ohhh, go on call the teacher to send the bad boy to the principal.  He hurt my weeto feelings, buahhhh, send him away I can't find words to debate him, so he needs to be quite now.  buahhhh.

Jan 27 23 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Globefunseekers wrote:
ohhh, go on call the teacher to send the bad boy to the principal.  He hurt my weeto feelings, buahhhh, send him away I can't find words to debate him, so he needs to be quite now.  buahhhh.

No.  Your Covid Denial and Anti-Vax lies leads to needless deaths.  Period.

Jan 27 23 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:

For the record, Globefunseekers claims that it is "the cure" and "not the disease" that is "doing the killing".

As many will remember, those new rules (banning those spreading Covid-19 and vaccination misinformation) were brought in immediately after (as a result of?) a wild rampage of Globefunseekers posts making those wild Covid ("no pandemic") denial and anti-Covid vaccination claims.

As MM explained at the time:

I tell you what, I'll apologise if you can find any way to explain why an entire continent of people in cities with huge populations the like of Nairobi, Lagos, Cape town, etc, without vaccinations managed to have about normal death rates for the last 3 years while the western countries US, Canada, Europe had it wayyyyy worse.  And then explain why the death rate is 4X more after the vaccination vs before.  then when you try to say that it was the unvaccinated, explain why it was the elderly who died most of which got vaccinated, not the younger under 50s who about a third refused it.
MIC DROP

Jan 27 23 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Surprise, surprise, more completely false Covid disinformation from Globefunseekers.  Not that it will ever stop him.

This latest lie comes from a debunked Facebook post graphic, that was widely distributed by Covid deniers.

The graphic showing figures from the African continent BUT cut off the key part that said "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN PROJECTIONS and DO NOT INCLUDE ANY IMPACTS OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS".

At the time that false image graphic was being distributed (mid 2021), Statistics South Africa was already reporting (July 2021) that South Africa had "approximately 34%” rise in deaths from 2020 to 2021".  Yes, it was completely false even as they distributed it.

Not that Globefunseekers has ever accepted any fact that might be "problematic" for his Covid and Anti-Vax lies.  Facts just don't matter.

But it is important to make sure that no one else is ever tempted to believe his claims.   We've all seen too many people die (including, as some will remember, its impact on my own family) due to these kind of lies.

So yes, when Globefunseekers claims that it is "the cure" and "not the disease" that is "doing the killing", I have no patience for that level of deadly disinformation.

Jan 27 23 03:34 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Globefunseekers wrote:
Their traffic is high, LOL. I get more views in some of my social media videos. hahaha

And that proves what, exactly? That people love a freak show? We knew that since P T Barnum and his mango moron descendant. hahaha

Jan 27 23 03:48 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:
Surprise, surprise, more completely false Covid disinformation from Globefunseekers.  Not that it will ever stop him.

This latest lie comes from a debunked Facebook post graphic, that was widely distributed by Covid deniers.

The graphic showing figures from the African continent BUT cut off the key part that said "NOTE: All 2020 and later data are UN PROJECTIONS and DO NOT INCLUDE ANY IMPACTS OF THE COVID-19 VIRUS".

At the time that false image graphic was being distributed (mid 2021), Statistics South Africa was already reporting (July 2021) that South Africa had "approximately 34%” rise in deaths from 2020 to 2021".  Yes, it was completely false even as they distributed it.

Not that Globefunseekers has ever accepted any fact that might be "problematic" for his Covid and Anti-Vax lies.  Facts just don't matter.

But it is important to make sure that no one else is ever tempted to believe his claims.   We've all seen too many people die (including, as some will remember, its impact on my own family) due to these kind of lies.

So yes, when Globefunseekers claims that it is "the cure" and "not the disease" that is "doing the killing", I have no patience for that level of deadly disinformation.

From the NY times

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/heal … eaths.html

Jan 27 23 03:51 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:

From Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal … SKBN26K0AI

Jan 27 23 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Globefunseekers

LightDreams wrote:

Fortune

https://fortune.com/2022/03/23/africa-c … es-europe/

It's all a mystery, "science" just can't seem to figure out the obvious.

Jan 27 23 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

JQuest

Syracuse, New York, US

Globefunseekers wrote:

From Mediabiasfactcheck website;
Overall, we rate CNN left biased based on editorial positions that consistently favor the left, while straight news reporting falls left-center through bias by omission. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks by TV hosts. However, news reporting on the website tends to be sourced adequately with minimal failed fact checks. You should try to choose better examples when referencing websites to bolster your conclusions.The one you chose just shot your argument in the foot.

Then again who is Mediabiasfactcheck?

Media Bias/Fact Check (MBFC) is an American fact-checking website founded in 2015 by editor Dave M. Van Zandt

Under Methodology;
Van Zandt admits he is not an expert and that "his methods are not rigorously objective."[5]
Further Comments(all properly cited on the page);
"Media Bias/Fact Check is a widely cited source for news stories and even studies about misinformation, despite the fact that its method is in no way scientific."

Columbia Journalism Review described Media Bias/Fact Check as an amateur attempt at categorizing media bias and characterized their assessments as "subjective assessments [that] leave room for human biases, or even simple inconsistencies, to creep in".
It seems only right that you would choose an non-scientific slipshod source to back up your conclusions.

Jan 27 23 04:03 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Let's examine the conclusion that Globefunseekers WANTS you to take away from his Africa numbers...

His claim that COVID VACCINES are the CAUSE of the deaths, and NOT COVID-19.

It's REMARKABLY EASY to test that claim.

IF he's correct, the U.S. "RED" States, with MUCH LOWER VACCINATION RATES, will have a much lower COVID death rate than the "BLUE" States that have MUCH HIGHER VACCINATION RATES.

THE EXACT OPPOSITE IS TRUE.

"the 10 states with the lowest percentage of full vaccinations, death rates were almost twice as high as that of states with the highest vaccination rates"

---

"Further, cumulative death data from the C.D.C., from over the last 10 months, illustrates the implications of political polarization of the COVID-19 vaccines.

An ABC News analysis of federal data found that on average, the death rates in states that voted for Trump were more than 38% higher than in states that voted for Biden, post widespread vaccine availability.

In addition, in the 10 states with the lowest percentage of full vaccinations, death rates were almost twice as high as that of states with the highest vaccination rates, the analysis found.

Over the span of the last 10 months, in the 10 states with the lowest vaccination rates, where between 50 and 54.5% of the total population had been fully vaccinated, there was an average of 153 COVID-19-related deaths per 100,000 residents.

In contrast, during the same time period, the 10 states and jurisdictions with the highest vaccination rates, which all voted for Biden, there was an average of about 82.2 related deaths per 100,000 residents. In all 10 states, about 75% of residents had been fully vaccinated."

All these damn FACTS that keep getting in Globefunseekers way...

REAL WORLD ACTUAL U.S. FIGURES:  COVID VACCINES HELP, NOT HURT.  PERIOD.
   And it's not even close...

As I said before, not that facts will ever stop Globefunseekers from spreading these deadly Anti-Vax lies.

Jan 27 23 04:12 pm Link

Photographer

Focuspuller

Globefunseekers wrote:
It's all a mystery, "science" just can't seem to figure out the obvious.

Obvious to whom? The cult that believes America is run by a cabal of pedophiles and Satan-worshippers who run a global child sex-trafficking operation and that former President Trump is the only person who can stop them? 😂😂😂

Jan 27 23 04:14 pm Link