Forums > General Industry > bwha ha ha!! Snort!! HA!!!

Photographer

Photography by Ed Selby

BALL GROUND, Georgia, US

So I emailed a model about doing a shoot. She has 1 image - ONE. She emails me back that her rates are $150/hour with a 2 hour minimum for up to swimsuit.

I fire back that I don't pay $300 for a shoot with an inexperienced model, and good luck.

She fire's back, "excuse me?? I just finished shooting for Maxim magazine...so who told you I was inexperienced?? Maybe I am too much for your pockets but I am by no means inexperienced!!!"

Me back to her, "Were you hired by Maxim? Or did you just shoot for submission to Hometown Hotties? If the former, I apologize for my comment. If the latter, I can also claim to have shot for Maxim and even been published in Maxim.   

You have one image in your on-line portfolio. No other indication of publications, credits, other photographers you've worked with. That is inexperience."

ahh - they kill me - I needed that laugh...

Dec 11 06 04:03 pm Link

Model

~*Isabel Aurora*~

Boca del Mar, Florida, US

If she is on MM and only has one photo, use the contact-a-mod forum to let us know because you are required to have 4 in order to maintain a membership

Dec 11 06 04:06 pm Link

Model

Dances with Wolves

SHAWNEE ON DELAWARE, Pennsylvania, US

Ed Selby wrote:
So I emailed a model about doing a shoot. She has 1 image - ONE. She emails me back that her rates are $150/hour with a 2 hour minimum for up to swimsuit.

I fire back that I don't pay $300 for a shoot with an inexperienced model, and good luck.

She fire's back, "excuse me?? I just finished shooting for Maxim magazine...so who told you I was inexperienced?? Maybe I am too much for your pockets but I am by no means inexperienced!!!"

Me back to her, "Were you hired by Maxim? Or did you just shoot for submission to Hometown Hotties? If the former, I apologize for my comment. If the latter, I can also claim to have shot for Maxim and even been published in Maxim.   

You have one image in your on-line portfolio. No other indication of publications, credits, other photographers you've worked with. That is inexperience."

ahh - they kill me - I needed that laugh...

You shouldn't have said that you wouldn't pay her that rate because she was inexperienced...something tells me you should've backed away from the keyboard and came back when you got over how retarded those rates are (And they are).

...and then simply negotiated with her if you really wanted to shoot her, or said no thank you if you didn't.

Dec 11 06 04:06 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Ed Selby

BALL GROUND, Georgia, US

~*Isabel Aurora*~ wrote:
If she is on MM and only has one photo, use the contact-a-mod forum to let us know because you are required to have 4 in order to maintain a membership

Another site - I'm sure she'll be on MM before too long.

Dec 11 06 04:08 pm Link

Photographer

Klassic Photo

Bullhead City, Arizona, US

I would offer you some advice but I normally charge $300 a session for therapy...

Dec 11 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Ed Selby

BALL GROUND, Georgia, US

Daniela V wrote:
ou shouldn't have said that you wouldn't pay her that rate because she was inexperienced...something tells me you should've backed away from the keyboard and came back when you got over how retarded those rates are (And they are).

...and then simply negotiated with her if you really wanted to shoot her, or said no thank you if you didn't.

You are probably right. In fact, I know you're right (ask my wife, I don't say that very often!).

Dec 11 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

FlirtynFun Photography

Houston, Texas, US

obviously you contacted HER. I guess that one photograph was enough to have you contact her. Maybe an approach asking about her experience and some more examples would have been appropriate but the email response you gave her might have been a little less turse. She may be on other modeling sites and was just checking that one out. Just an opinion.

Dec 11 06 04:11 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

She had something that caught your attention in the first place or maybe you’re feeling she needed the boost.
You now pre-qualify her by only having one photo posted. This is never a good idea anywhere.

Dec 11 06 04:14 pm Link

Photographer

Photography by Ed Selby

BALL GROUND, Georgia, US

I short-handed the whole thing - I didn't think y'all wanted to read verbatim my initial inquiries.

But its all moot, she says she was hired by a Maxim photographer for a shoot, so she has more experience than she indicates.

I guess I was wrong.

Dec 11 06 04:39 pm Link