Forums > General Industry > Logos in printed ports?

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

I've been digging for this answer in the forums for half an hour, and can't find it. 

As a photographer, should I be putting my logo or © mark on the images that I give to models who are working on their printed portfolios?  Right now I don't.  Just wondering if I should?  What's the standard? 

Thanks,
Richard

Dec 11 06 12:12 am Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

For model portfolios, I'm guessing no.  Their book should be about them and not who took the pic.

Dec 11 06 01:32 am Link

Photographer

AU fotografia

Houston, Texas, US

no logos shall be visible on models portfolios. the most u can do is put one behind the picture. but that's stretching it.

Dec 11 06 01:36 am Link

Photographer

Bruce Talbot

Los Angeles, California, US

DigitalCMH wrote:
For model portfolios, I'm guessing no.  Their book should be about them and not who took the pic.

I do. It is in 8pt type, name only in a corner similar to editorial photo credits in magazines.

It's there if you're looking for it, innocuous if you're not.

Now on the back of the print............. © Bruce Talbot 200_  All Rights Reserved

'Tis a biz to tend to.

bt

Dec 11 06 01:37 am Link

Photographer

RED Photographic

Label on the backs of prints for model's books.  Logo in the bottom left hand corner of images supplied as picture files.

Dec 11 06 03:13 am Link

Photographer

Night Owl Photography

Atkinson, Illinois, US

Thanks everybody!  This confirms that what I'm doing is correct.  That's what I needed to know.

Dec 11 06 12:43 pm Link

Model

CTD- NYC Model

Fairfield, Connecticut, US

I wouldnt put a photo in my book if it had a logo.

Dec 11 06 12:45 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Logos go on web-formatted photos I give the models, which includes their name and (optionally) their MM/OMP/etc. numbers. Helps prevent image theft (anyone determined could remove the marks, I'm more interested in casual MySpace theft).

I'm still experimenting with the style of the logo--I like Eddie Baute's format, for instance, but on my own shots something like that seems a bit too large.

The print versions that I give the models (high-resolution on CD, no actual prints unless it's a paid job) do NOT have logos. I include copyright and license info in EXIF/IPTC when I remember to do so, and my contract specifically allows prints to be made (including on comp cards, etc.) but also specifically prohibits posting photos sans logo on the web.

Dec 11 06 04:42 pm Link

Model

Tachibana

Los Angeles, California, US

Why would I want the photographers logo on my book? The book isn't an advertisement for the photographer.  It's about me.  I wouldn't put anyone's logo in my book.

Dec 11 06 04:45 pm Link