Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Your opinion is requested

Photographer

Jim Marcus

Charlottesville, Virginia, US

in today's market, what is the best tablet (or two in one) for digital darkroom processing? After reading at least a dozen reviews online, I am back to square one. That's when I decided to ask the subject matter experts - you all.

Feb 09 19 07:34 am Link

Photographer

Fima Kurnia

Jakarta, Jakarta, Indonesia

huion h950p in studio
or microsof surface 6 to work in caffe

Feb 16 19 03:14 pm Link

Photographer

Jarrett Porst

Los Angeles, California, US

Feb 20 19 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Shadow Dancer

Bellingham, Washington, US

Jim Marcus wrote:
in today's market, what is the best tablet (or two in one) for digital darkroom processing? After reading at least a dozen reviews online, I am back to square one. That's when I decided to ask the subject matter experts - you all.

The best tablet for YOU may not be the best tablet for others.
There are lots of questions that need to be answered. Your question is sort of like asking "what is the best car?"

Home use only, or mobile?
Do you use the stylus with smaller, precise movements or larger, broader strokes?
Is it important to draw on the screen that the image is on or are you comfortable drawing on one surface while viewing another?
Budget?

I'm sure I missed other questions but these come to mind.

Feb 21 19 02:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Serena Trere

Paris, Île-de-France, France

What kind of retouch? Just minor correction or high-end?
I've played with the Cintiq and it's just perfect for skin retouching as you work directly on the pixels, but you just can't take it with you while traveling.
I'm now working on Wacom Intuos Pro M, highly customizable and I still use it outside my office!

Feb 27 19 02:26 am Link