Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > How to remove all paths in an PS action?

Retoucher

SW Retouch

Hi there,

When I'm batch saving down a load of psd's/psb's to tiffs & a low res jpeg, I use an action.  What I'd like to do, is to add to my action, a way of deleting all paths.

I believe you can do this using a script but I have no idea how to write it & how to attach it to my action.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

Oct 26 18 07:41 am Link

Retoucher

WSC

Albuquerque, New Mexico, US

Open your action and insert a step you wish.

Oct 26 18 09:55 am Link

Retoucher

SW Retouch

WSC wrote:
Open your action and insert a step you wish.

No, this requires a script.  Actions can only get you so far.

Oct 29 18 04:22 am Link

Retoucher

Andrey Bautin

Ivanovo, Ivanovo, Russia

I'm no programming genius but this should do the trick.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14B87p … zPXs7_S8h7

To append it to your action first copy the script to you PS Scripts folder (Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC/Presets/Scripts)
It'll show in File-Scripts menu.

Then In your action select a step before you want to insert the script. Press record. Execute the script. Press stop.

Hope it helps.

Oct 29 18 05:00 am Link

Retoucher

SW Retouch

Yes it did!  Thank you Andrey!

So for others who want a breakdown:

Save that script Andrey has created to Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC/Presets/Scripts or if it doesn't let you, somewhere safe on your computer.  Don't worry if it doesn't let you open the file, just click & drag it to your chosen location.

With a file open with paths on it, run your action that you have already created that e.g. duplicates the psd, trims any borders, clears guides.  Then click record to finish the action, go to File>Scripts>click the Script you saved earlier or if you have put it somewhere else, click Browse to find it.  It will clear all paths :-) then carry on recording the rest of your action e.g. save as tiff & jpeg, whatever your needs are.

This means you can save down your files, and have all the paths cleared (that you may not want to send to the client) without having to do that bit manually.

Thank you for taking the time & care to post that Andrey!

Andrey Bautin wrote:
I'm no programming genius but this should do the trick.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14B87p … zPXs7_S8h7

To append it to your action first copy the script to you PS Scripts folder (Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC/Presets/Scripts)
It'll show in File-Scripts menu.

Then In your action select a step before you want to insert the script. Press record. Execute the script. Press stop.

Hope it helps.

Oct 30 18 05:28 am Link