Forums > General Industry > Finding the right photographer.....

Model

LorenzoPierre

New York, New York, US

Hey everyone! I'm new and have been looking through the threads kinda gettin the feel of how this work around here. I keep seeing people mention search for photographers in your area to request to do shoots with.

When looking for photographers...How do you determine that you have found the right one? How do you pick the right photographer?

What do look for when searching for a photographer?

oh! and...Photographers, what do you look for in a model? How do you determine who you will work with?

thanx in advance for replies!

Zo

Dec 10 06 03:50 pm Link

Photographer

BlackWatch

Cleveland, Ohio, US

We pick the one that we think will work with our vision...we want to create mysterious beauty so we approach those that WE think are beautiful...cute...fun...sexy...mysterious...everyone has their own opinion of what these things mean...

We avoid people with snooty attitudes...even if you wanted to pay us...we're booked that weekend...

We don't care if you are a professional...just that you are cute and have a good attitude...

Dec 10 06 04:00 pm Link

Photographer

Harry Young

Los Angeles, California, US

lets see if I can give you some ideas here ...

What do look for when searching for a photographer? How do you pick the right photographer?
1) search for ones in your area
2) look at the photographers who shoot type(s) of modeling you want (fashion,commercial,etc)
3) examine only the ports of photogs who are in group 1 & 2 to see the quality of work is good
4) after winnowing down thru criteria 1,2,3 ... MM models who have worked with these photogs
    and their feelings about photog professional attitude/on-time results/etc.

then msg some of these (few) and see what you can set up!

good luck, and keep on truckin'

Dec 10 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

LorenzoPierre

New York, New York, US

Thanx alot for your replies!!!

Dec 10 06 04:27 pm Link