Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Taxes paid by freelance retouchers

Retoucher

Ivan Zayats Retouch

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

Hi, there!
I'd like to make an interesting research about the taxes for freelancers in different countries.

Where are you from and how much do you pay? Is it a fixed amount per month/year or a certain % of your income?

Oct 10 18 01:16 pm Link

Retoucher

Pixel-Eight

Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Australia:
10% of the value of each ‘package’ goes directly to the government as a Goods and Services Tax.
Then, annually, 32.5% of all revenue generated.
So, when you factor in software costs, hardware costs, subscriptions to forums like MM, etc, if I charge $10 for an hours work, I actually get to keep about $3.
You do this for love, not to become rich 😉

Oct 20 18 03:26 pm Link

Retoucher

Pixel-Eight

Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Oct 20 18 03:26 pm Link

Retoucher

Ivan Zayats Retouch

Minsk, Minsk, Belarus

hm... seems to be quite high

here, in Belarus, we have a fixed amount as a monthly tax (~60$) + 50$ to the Pension Fund

note: since you've registered, you always have to pay to the Pension Fund, even if you don't have any job this month, for instance, or if you earned less than this amount, nobody cares. that's what I don't like in our system.

that's why the majority of the freelancers aren't registered. it just doesn't make any sence - you'll either work for free or even incur financial losses (esp. if you're a beginner and don't have much work, clients, etc.)

note 2: an average salary of a teacher or a doctor is ~250-300$/month. so, the taxes are quite high too.

Oct 21 18 11:19 am Link