Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Ecomm Fashion Retouch Questions

Retoucher

Niall Doyle

Manchester, England, United Kingdom

Hey Everyone,

I don't usually do much ecomm fashion but have just been offered some work in it. So i just wondered how much work do people usually put in when retouching ecomm fashion. I understand it totally depends on the image but any hints or time averages an image would greatly be appreciated. I don't have the images yet as we are still in the quote stage.

Thanks
Niall

Sep 24 18 09:41 am Link

Retoucher

Nadege Colomina

Nouméa, Sud, New Caledonia

Hey Niall,

I don’t mean to scare you, but just be prepared. It’s usually a crazy amount of images to retouch close to perfection in a ridiculously short amount of time. Something like a 100 images a day with a 24 hour turn around.
Hardly  any effort is put into pre-production because « the Retoucher will fix it » kind of mentality !
I would stay well away from those kinds of gigs if I were you, but that’s just me.

Hope this helped.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do. smile

N.

Sep 28 18 04:40 am Link

Photographer

Motordrive Photography

Lodi, California, US

Nadege Colomina wrote:
Hey Niall,

I don’t mean to scare you, but just be prepared. It’s usually a crazy amount of images to retouch close to perfection in a ridiculously short amount of time. Something like a 100 images a day with a 24 hour turn around.
Hardly  any effort is put into pre-production because « the Retoucher will fix it » kind of mentality !
I would stay well away from those kinds of gigs if I were you, but that’s just me.

Hope this helped.
Good luck, whatever you decide to do. smile

N.

I did ecom retouching as a contract guy for half a year and that is pretty much the workflow
where I was.

I did a lot of other things also, like towels when there is fronts, backs, group and detail shots.
Some images might come over the next day and be shot on another camera (like detail),
but eventually, they all must match. It was a crazy pace, but payed decently, it was contract,
so I had to plan well for taxes. Good luck.

Sep 28 18 09:42 am Link