Forums > General Industry > I've done 12 TFCD's and only been flaked on once!

Photographer

jeff e photo

Los Angeles, California, US

I've done 12 TFCD's since I joined this site in October and have only been flaked on once!!!!  It just happened to be my first shoot that the girl flaked on me, so I thought it was gonna be a nightmare trying to get anything done, but I've had great luck!

Hope you all do too!

_ jeff

Dec 10 06 12:12 pm Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

I have always had good luck too....good to hear you are having success....it's nice to hear on this site

Dec 10 06 12:13 pm Link

Model

LorenzoPierre

New York, New York, US

I assume that's a good thing but what is flaked on?? I have done three TFP shoots so far and they all went pretty well. I was nervous because i'm use to being in front of the camera with fam and friends taking pictures...but modeling seems harder.

Dec 10 06 12:15 pm Link

Digital Artist

Koray

Ankara, Ankara, Turkey

I like happy endings...errr...sometimes...I mean who doesnt?

Dec 10 06 12:16 pm Link

Photographer

ChanStudio

Alpharetta, Georgia, US

The best way to avoid flake individual is to look for someone who isn't wishy-washy type.  This includes both model and photographers.

Dec 10 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

LorenzoPierre

New York, New York, US

So i'm guessing when you all say flake you're talking about someone who is unsure about doing a shoot??

Dec 10 06 12:22 pm Link

Photographer

semyon

PISCATAWAY, New Jersey, US

In my case flake to shoot ratio is about 1:1. Maybe I should move to LA?

Dec 10 06 12:24 pm Link

Model

Sandra

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Footprint Photo wrote:
I've done 12 TFCD's since I joined this site in October and have only been flaked on once!!!!  It just happened to be my first shoot that the girl flaked on me, so I thought it was gonna be a nightmare trying to get anything done, but I've had great luck!

Hope you all do too!

_ jeff

yay! must be doing something right!

Dec 10 06 12:26 pm Link

Photographer

asight2see

Athens, Georgia, US

I get flacked on more than I would like.  Some times I think that some of the "want to be models" on this site just post ports to feel better about themselves.  They are not here to be models.  I'm not the best photographer but no one is going to make it in the industry without really good images.  That's what I need and that is why I'm here.

11 to 1 are great odds.  I wish I were that lucky.

Dec 10 06 12:37 pm Link

Photographer

TA Craft Photography

Bristol, England, United Kingdom

Great to hear of your low ratio of 'no shows'
I have been in here since August and have never been let down [yet!?!].

I think it might be partly to do with not being in the U.S. all the models I have met through MM have been great ppl and always turned up on time.

Dec 10 06 12:55 pm Link

Photographer

CaliModels

Los Angeles, California, US

That's a great ratio. I run about 90%, 9 out of 10 successes. Just to add; maybeee,,,It's best to seek those interested in modeling. Many times those we think are models actually have interests in something like cheerleading or acting. In that case, they will drop everything to do the prementioned.

Dec 11 06 12:28 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

For flakes use Head & Shoulders...

Dec 11 06 09:29 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

Yeah, my grandfather smoked, and lived to be 90.

Footprint Photo wrote:

Hope you all do too!

_ jeff

Dec 11 06 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Pix By Ric

Raleigh, North Carolina, US

XtremeArtists wrote:
For flakes use Head & Shoulders...

I've been pretty fortunate with reliable and responsible tfp'ers.  I'm pretty particular about who I do tfps with, so this kinda elimates those who are not serious.  And I don't offer tfps unless I know that the person is sincere about shooting with me.  I've worked with some wonderful models, stylists, make up artists!

Dec 11 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

StMarc

Chicago, Illinois, US

My ratio is about one in eight.

If you have five more with no flakes, you're ahead of the curve.

M

Dec 11 06 11:16 am Link

Photographer

stan wigmore photograph

Long Beach, California, US

That's good only 1 out of 12,but just wait your time is coming.Give us a report after you do 100 shoots.

Dec 11 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

stan wigmore photograph wrote:
That's good only 1 out of 12,but just wait your time is coming.Give us a report after you do 100 shoots.

I've done 100's of shoots, and NOT ONE has been effected due to a "no show" because I make sure people are going to show up ... this is the way it normally rolls.

First, someone makes contact with me over the 'net or I with them.  We exchange phone numbers and meet in person.  Then we schedule either a TFP/CD or paid  shoot.  (I do it three ways!  Paying the models, models paying me, and trade .. it all depends on what the pictures are going to be used for.) Then I remain in contact with the model and also anyone who is going to be a part of the shoot. Then lastly, but very important ... I will either send my driver to pick them up or I'll go to pick them up myself!  Yes, I drive!  I drove for a living before going fulltime into this business!

---------------------------------------------

Late again? How to be on time ...
Current mood:  cheerful
Category: Art and Photography

It's not fair to pick on models when photographers and just about any human being can be late.  I commented on another thread about this but it got buried.  I listed some ideas to help motivate people to be on time to shoots like;

(1) Get the people invested in the shoot.  If money is being exchanged, she or he is more likely to show up on time!  It's a serious loss if you show up late to court or the hospital.  So if "serious loss" of money, freedom or life is involved, we show up! tongue

(2) Be sure you have exchanged cell phone numbers AND that directions are CLEAR.  I have a minutes plan that allows for up 5,000 minutes and long distance so I don't care if I talk to someone while giving them directions. 

(3) Have alternative plans or things to do available to you so that you are not bored (which contributes to mad moods.)  I like to have several people around so that I can put someone in right away to check lighting, warm up, etc. ... before the model gets there.  Then when the model arrives, they jump in!  It works that way in Hollywood!  If you can find something else to occupy your time, you'll feel better.

(4) Car pool or make arrangements for transportation.  This is a good thing to do, especially when it's critical to have everyone there about the same time.  Traffic becomes less of an "poor" excuse when we are together in it!  LOL

For those who do "TFP" and complain ... all I can say is what does the photographer and model have to lose?  It's part of the risk you take in doing "TFP" ... it's better to pay the models!

www.myspace.com/internetmodelclub

Best wishes!

Dec 11 06 02:23 pm Link