Forums > General Industry > It's 8am. Do you know where your model is??

Photographer

G Street Media

Ventura, California, US

Ok...I've touched on this topic before but here I go again.  I do mostly TFCD photo shoots and a majority of the models I work with are at least an hour away from me.  I try to find a location to shoot thats about a mid point for the both of us.  Lately I have had a hard time getting the models who have agreed to shoot with me to show up.  The last time I wrote about this I was advised to maybe charge some kind of appointment fee which will be refunded the day of the shoot considering the model shows up.  I tried that but I couldnt find a model who was willing to do that.  They prefered to go with a photographer that didnt do that.  I was just recently cancelled on twice by two different models. They say that they want to shoot but something important keeps coming up.  They apologize and say they want to reschedule but then they do it again.  I would think that the models on here would be professional enough to keep appointments.  Don't even get me started on the ones that cancel because they don't think its a nice enough day or that it's too cold!!

Dec 10 06 10:46 am Link

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Angel Varela wrote:
Ok...I've touched on this topic before but here I go again.  I do mostly TFCD photo shoots and a majority of the models I work with are at least an hour away from me.  I try to find a location to shoot thats about a mid point for the both of us.  Lately I have had a hard time getting the models who have agreed to shoot with me to show up.  The last time I wrote about this I was advised to maybe charge some kind of appointment fee which will be refunded the day of the shoot considering the model shows up.  I tried that but I couldnt find a model who was willing to do that.  They prefered to go with a photographer that didnt do that.  I was just recently cancelled on twice by two different models. They say that they want to shoot but something important keeps coming up.  They apologize and say they want to reschedule but then they do it again.  I would think that the models on here would be professional enough to keep appointments.  Don't even get me started on the ones that cancel because they don't think its a nice enough day or that it's too cold!!

Sadly these things will continue to happen but try and stick to your game
plan.  If YOU are being contacted then charge a refundable fee.  Models who
are unwilling to send it might not show anyway.  If a model cancels a appointment
then she/he has to send it a fee to get another.  Stick to your guns.  I looked
at your work and its fine. Question?  Why are you driving anywhere?  Unless
its a place you want to shoot.  Just keep in mind that most of the models you
meet on line won't show or keep a appointment.  In fact I'm surprised when they
do.  If you have a agency near you contact them for models.  Quite often you
may get to Test shoot them.

Dec 10 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

G Street Media

Ventura, California, US

MNost of the time I am contacting them and I tell them the location I want to shoot at.  Once they agree to the shoot, we schedule it.  It just doesn't seem like some of these models are really that serious about this.  I dont understand how they get any work.

Dec 10 06 07:24 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

they are just silly gals

keep trying!  usually i see this happening most (i feel) because the work really isnt any good but yours is fine

just keep talking to them
make sure they are still keen aftre having spoken with you
i have heard them change their minds after the way photographer might sound
personally i prefer to speak early on - def before arranging dates

maybe  invite them to bring certain clothes etc
they have confirmed
tell them you have their interests in mind too
make sure they know you are expecting them and no one else will do...?

i cant think of any other 'ego' 'gals' type carrots
if that doesnt work, try the STICK!

Dec 10 06 07:56 pm Link