Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > What’s a good 3 button mouse?

Photographer

j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

https://photos.smugmug.com/JunkDrawer3/n-ksGj8J/i-5qRHXh7/0/26d36320/L/i-5qRHXh7-L.jpg

I have a medium Wacom and I use a pen on that. For a mouse I usually use a wireless Logitech but they all seem to start turning single clicks into unintended double clicks. Which is a pain to put up with or try to fix.

What should I use?

Wired is okay but I want 3 buttons (and an additional wheel is okay)

Dec 17 17 09:21 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

I use Logitech M100 because it is symmetrical (can be used with both hands) and light (no batteries).

Dec 17 17 09:45 am Link

Photographer

Black Z Eddie

San Jacinto, California, US

I currently use a Corsair Harpoon.  It's very very light.  Though, if I could run the Logitech mouse software on my machine, I'd be using a Logitech G403.  I've always liked the way they feel.

Dec 17 17 10:06 am Link

Photographer

j francis photography

anchev wrote:
I use Logitech M100 because it is symmetrical (can be used with both hands) and light (no batteries).

I see in some reviews the spurious double click issue. Have you had that? I guess it’s inexpensive to replace if it gets too bad.

Dec 17 17 10:10 am Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

j francis photography wrote:
I see in some reviews the spurious double click issue. Have you had that? I guess it’s inexpensive to replace if it gets too bad.

Never had any such issues.

Dec 17 17 10:42 am Link

Photographer

Brooklyn Bridge Images

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have used several logitech mice over the years with different Os and have not had that problem
Wacom does have a glitch is you use mouse and tablet at same time with pen touching tablet
Do you have the issue with Wacom unplugged ?

Dec 18 17 09:33 am Link

Photographer

j francis photography

Brooklyn Bridge Images wrote:
I have used several logitech mice over the years with different Os and have not had that problem
Wacom does have a glitch is you use mouse and tablet at same time with pen touching tablet
Do you have the issue with Wacom unplugged ?

Interesting question. I’ll check.

Dec 18 17 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

still-photography

Bothell, Washington, US

j francis photography wrote:
I have a medium Wacom and I use a pen on that. For a mouse I usually use a wireless Logitech but they all seem to start turning single clicks into unintended double clicks. Which is a pain to put up with or try to fix.

What should I use?

Wired is okay but I want 3 buttons (and an additional wheel is okay)

At the risk of being an overachiever - I'd recommend Logitech MX Master with 7 buttons and 2 wheels. Highly configurable, fixed internal long-life battery, charges through a ubiquitous USB Micro-B port, BlueTooth connectivity to remove USB bus interference issues (sorry for that B-bus redundancy), designed to track on almost ANY surface, easy switchable connection to three different machines (OS-PC-Android (not sure about iPad...), etc.

For just a little less mouse and a little less money - the MX Anywhere is a bit smaller and tracks on even more surfaces, with fewer buttons and wheels. Most other features still apply.

I have both and highly recommend them!

Dec 21 17 12:45 pm Link