j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

I thought turkeys could fly.

https://youtu.be/lf3mgmEdfwg

Nov 22 17 06:08 pm Link

Photographer

Parks Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

One of the best episodes of one of the best comedies of its time.

Nov 22 17 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

Tony From Syracuse

Syracuse, New York, US

That was actually pretty funny. as someone who grew up in the late 70's and 80's I remember all the TV shows....and how some shows humor somehow stands the test of time and yet others simply dont for me.

for instance, I still laugh my ass off when I see some Sandford and Son episodes........yet on the other hand when I see "Welcome Back Kotter" I am amazed at how lame the comedy was. it was all alot of times based on the street slang of the day.
and seeing the audience burst into hysteria because one of the characters called another a jive turkey is a strange thing to behold.

I sitll miss getting up and seeing Columbo episodes though.

Nov 22 17 08:43 pm Link

Photographer

Kevin Fair

Palm Coast, Florida, US

The best thing about that show.

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-mWnV6N4/0/d174c5bd/L/i-mWnV6N4-L.jpg

Nov 23 17 06:52 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

King of Prussia, Pennsylvania, US

The wild ones can fly! 

Every Thanksgiving I would hear a replay of Alice's Restaurant on the way to the family dinner in the Poconos.  That KRP episode ought to be played a s a holiday classic right after the Charles Schultz special.

Jan Smithers is way better looking than Loni Anderson.  Dawn Wells was better looking than Tina Louise.

Nov 23 17 09:56 am Link

Model

MatureModelMM

Detroit, Michigan, US

The wild ones around here fly up into trees and also perch on top of telephone poles.  They fly for a short distance fairly close to the ground, but they can definitely fly.

Nov 23 17 11:49 am Link

Photographer

j francis photography

Los Angeles, California, US

MatureModelMM wrote:
The wild ones around here fly up into trees and also perch on top of telephone poles.  They fly for a short distance fairly close to the ground, but they can definitely fly.

Back in the revolutionary war days they all flew and breast meat was dark meat.

Nov 23 17 04:31 pm Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

MatureModelMM wrote:

I've seen flocks of wild turkeys up north.

Nov 23 17 06:51 pm Link

Photographer

Flex Photography

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Tony From Syracuse wrote:
That was actually pretty funny. as someone who grew up in the late 70's and 80's I remember all the TV shows....and how some shows humor somehow stands the test of time and yet others simply dont for me.

for instance, I still laugh my ass off when I see some Sandford and Son episodes........yet on the other hand when I see "Welcome Back Kotter" I am amazed at how lame the comedy was. it was all alot of times based on the street slang of the day.
and seeing the audience burst into hysteria because one of the characters called another a jive turkey is a strange thing to behold.

I sitll miss getting up and seeing Columbo episodes though.

How about some classic "Taxi"? Burned out Jim tries to write his driver's exam.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39k067h … lxeCgNaRZQ

Nov 23 17 07:06 pm Link

Photographer

j_francis_imagery

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, US

I forgot to watch this yesterday!

sad

Nov 26 21 09:43 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

The helicopter "turkey drop" was a true classic!

Nov 26 21 09:51 am Link

Photographer

John Silva Photography

Fairfield, California, US

j francis photography wrote:

Back in the revolutionary war days they all flew and breast meat was dark meat.

Hmmmm...., I'll take your word for it, I've never eaten a breast!!! LoL
John

Dec 01 21 12:30 am Link

Photographer

All Yours Photography

Lawton, Oklahoma, US

Years ago, when the Sam's Club first opened in Toledo in November of that year, their grand opening stunt was to have a helicopter fly over, dropping those fold out paper tabletop decoration turkeys.  If you caught one, you could exchange it for a frozen turkey.

Dec 08 21 08:58 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

All Yours Photography wrote:
Years ago, when the Sam's Club first opened in Toledo in November of that year, their grand opening stunt was to have a helicopter fly over, dropping those fold out paper tabletop decoration turkeys.  If you caught one, you could exchange it for a frozen turkey.

Hah!  That's pretty clever marketing / reference.

Dec 08 21 09:12 am Link

Photographer

j_francis_imagery

John Silva Photography wrote:

Hmmmm...., I'll take your word for it, I've never eaten a breast!!! LoL
John

On “Billions” they ate a Heritage Bird for thanksgiving which I guess is one that is the same as they used to be.

Dec 15 21 08:51 am Link

Photographer

j_francis_imagery

🦃

Nov 24 22 11:44 am Link

Photographer

JohnTozziPhotography

Seattle, Washington, US

Forever on the short list of funniest moments in television history.

Nov 25 22 08:01 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Jerry Nemeth wrote:
I've seen flocks of wild turkeys up north.

Aww I saw this post and I thought; OMG he is alive! But it is from 2017.

His wife died of covid and he hasn't logged in since 2020. I used to work with him a lot but was scared he might not be with us anymore. sad

Nov 26 22 06:04 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Model Sarah wrote:
Jerry Nemeth

He is a good guy.  I hope he is well.

Nov 26 22 07:12 am Link

Artist/Painter

Hunter GWPB

Nov 26 22 07:13 am Link

Model

Model MoRina

MacMurdo - permanent station of the US, Sector claimed by New Zealand, Antarctica

Model Sarah wrote:

Aww I saw this post and I thought; OMG he is alive! But it is from 2017.

His wife died of covid and he hasn't logged in since 2020. I used to work with him a lot but was scared he might not be with us anymore. sad

Yes, me too and then I looked at the date sad
After his wife died I heard from him and he said he had just gotten out of the hospital. He hasn't answered my return messages and I've called his number and messaged him at the two email addresses I had for him. I've even google searched for an obituary. Nothing. He has such a good heart and I feel something terrible must have happened.

Nov 26 22 08:13 am Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

Model MoRina wrote:

After his wife died I heard from him and he said he had just gotten out of the hospital. He hasn't answered my return messages and I've called his number and messaged him at the two email addresses I had for him. I've even google searched for an obituary. Nothing. He has such a good heart and I feel something terrible must have happened.

I did the same thing! Ugh...I hate discovering things like this. Like, you know what probably happened..and it is hard not to think that. sad

Nov 26 22 02:08 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Model MoRina wrote:

I thought that I was the only one that worried about that (and hoping that I was wrong) after Jerry completely disappeared from the forums.  I thought that he might just have needed some time to himself, after everything that he had gone through.  At least for a while.  But then he never came back, even briefly...

The only good news was that every once in a while, I also would run some google searches of the regional obituaries.  And was always pleased when I didn't find anything.  (There was someone with a similar name back in 2017, but that doesn't fit).

If anyone ever does hear from him, or otherwise gets any solid information, please let us all know.  It would really be appreciated.  Thank-you.

Nov 26 22 09:44 pm Link

Model

Model Sarah

Columbus, Ohio, US

LightDreams wrote:

I thought that I was the only one that worried about that (and hoping that I was wrong) after Jerry completely disappeared from the forums.  I thought that he might just have needed some time to himself, after everything that he had gone through.  At least for a while.  But then he never came back, even briefly...

The only good news was that every once in a while, I also would run some google searches of the regional obituaries.  And was always pleased when I didn't find anything.  (There was someone with a similar name back in 2017, but that doesn't fit).

If anyone ever does hear from him, or otherwise gets any solid information, please let us all know.  It would really be appreciated.  Thank-you.

I am unfortunately discovering left and right photographers I have worked with over the years have passed in the past two, even a dear dear friend of mine. 9/10 it is covid related but sometime not..just weird timing. It is difficult for me to believe a poster like him would just disappear like that. sad

Nov 27 22 06:13 am Link

Photographer

LightDreams

Just for the benefit of anyone that wasn't aware (as my previous post was from November 2022), Jerry (Jerry Nemeth) passed away on December 24th, 2022.  Sadly.

Nov 28 23 09:31 pm Link

Photographer

j_francis_imagery

LightDreams wrote:
Just for the benefit of anyone that wasn't aware (as my previous post was from November 2022), Jerry (Jerry Nemeth) passed away on December 24th, 2022.  Sadly.

Every post was from November of 2022. Did you find this old thread? Or did a mod somehow bump it without posting in it by moving it to SF2?

Nov 29 23 01:18 pm Link

Photographer

LightDreams

j_francis_imagery wrote:
Every post was from November of 2022. Did you find this old thread? Or did a mod somehow bump it without posting in it by moving it to SF2?

Yes, the thread got bumped up to current somehow, I've no idea why.  Although your theory about it getting bumped as a result of being moved to SF2 sounds possible.

So I mistakenly thought that the last note from Sarah must be a new addition (I didn't check the date as the thread was showing as "recent' again), so I added my update about Jerry.

Sorry for the confusion, as I hate the resurrection of threads from previous years as much as anyone else.

I still should have noticed the date, so my apologies.

Jan 07 24 11:23 am Link