Forums > General Industry > Anyone here worked for an actual client?

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Yes.
Mostly local or smaller stuff tho, like catalog stuff for a local lingerie/dancewear shop that was distributed from the store (pre website days), publicity shots of dancers for local clubs, programs for theaters, etc etc.  Also some small scale stuff for my corporate wine & liquor clients.
Am currently working on shooting an ad campaign for a small winery that will run in all 5 states where the product is sold, that'll be my largest exposure so far.
I MAY be shooting a national ad campaign for a new vodka that's going nationwide soon.

Dec 09 06 12:02 am Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Dec 09 06 12:02 am Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

Yes, but I do not pursue them because this is mostly hobby for me. Every so often someone will ask me to do a shoot for publication for a local/regional publication or a website and, depending on what it is, sometimes I accept. One category that I turn down every time, though, is weddings. I just don't think that they are something that someone should fool with, unless they have specific experience shooting them and are prepared to show up with multiple cameras/lenses.

Dec 09 06 12:10 am Link

Photographer

John Pringle

New York, New York, US

I work from time to time with private clients.
I have worked with some wealthy persons and learned so much.

Dec 09 06 12:24 am Link

Photographer

Leonard Gee Photography

Sacramento, California, US

Work? I've heard of it. Almost did it once. I think I was very close to working,  but I didn't like it.

Dec 09 06 12:26 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

yes and still not rich art mags and news papers mostly

i once walked in to a big book store had 3 photos on covers of mags being sold there and could not afford to buy a cup of coffee at the coffee shop in the store lol

Dec 09 06 12:29 am Link

Photographer

XposurePhoto

Houston, Texas, US

Yes,

Photography is my full time job...so too many to mention, I would not want to leave some out  ;p  but also some of my clients are here on MM (yes actual models paying for shoots) the rest goes from Hospitals to weddings, etc.

Dec 09 06 12:30 am Link

Photographer

R Michael Walker

Costa Mesa, California, US

Capo Laguna ROP
Irvine Photographics
Heavy Rope
Boy Scouts Of America
CBS
ESPN
Popular Photography
Family Living Magazine
Orange Coast Magazine
Allergan Optical
AST Research
Body Glove
Rip curl
Bullocks
Maceys
Display Works
Greg Teftt
Hunt Wesson Foods
Procter & Gamble
JC Penny Company
Shillito"s
Nordstrom Inc
Taco Bell
KFC
Arby's
Ujena
Vadal Sasson
Waterman Designs
Out of 294 listings in my last client list before I stopped doing commercials and commercial photography to concentrate on Indie filmmaking..I may need to update the actual contacts from this list if things go south on my new film. LOL! Now remember that i also worked fro CBS affiliates in 3 states before coming to CA so a lot of larger clients were commercials i made while with them. But i serviced them never the less.

Dec 09 06 12:44 am Link

Model

turussia

Okinawa, Okinawa, Japan

Yes, years ago, for a timeshare and hotel. Still on the the website and their brouchure.

Dec 09 06 02:54 am Link

Model

Alix Andrea

Los Angeles, California, US

Yes, I have done many runway shows but my fave would have to be Ed Hardy smile Also a couple music videos, Cassidy's "I'm a Huster" and Darnerien McCants "Lonely" (still on http://darnerienmccants.com/) but seeing how I only started modeling this summer I hope to do a lot more soon wink

Dec 09 06 03:00 am Link

Photographer

timothy dolph creative

Encinitas, California, US

yes...

Every month in Playboy, Penthouse, Maxim, Stuff, FHM, Men's Health, Men's Fitness, Rolling Stone, and about a dozen others.

Dec 12 06 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'm a retired commercial photographer, so for what it's worth I've shot for hundreds of 'clients'. They have ranged from small product and ads to magazine illustrations.

https://www.distinctiveimages.com/com2.jpg

Dec 12 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

Heidi Gaines

Los Angeles, California, US

I shoot for photographer clients and commercial clients.

Dec 12 06 10:50 pm Link

Photographer

BlindMike

San Francisco, California, US

Yes, but they're hella small.

Dec 12 06 11:10 pm Link

Photographer

Mark J. Sebastian

San Jose, California, US

Dec 12 06 11:22 pm Link

Photographer

jack4photos

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

yes

Dec 12 06 11:25 pm Link

Photographer

toan thai photography

Montgomery Village, Maryland, US

hope i will someday

Dec 13 06 12:27 am Link

Photographer

Daguerre

Orange, California, US

ALLERGAN PHARMACEUTICAL
MERCEDES
CHRYSLER
VOLKSWAGEN
SKYY VODKA
BEBE
RALPH LAUREN
RICHARD TYLER
L'ANZA HAIRCARE
DISNEY
MCA RECORDS
WARNER BROTHERS
MATTEL
MICROSOFT
APPLE COMPUTER

Dec 13 06 01:52 am Link

Photographer

Royal Photography

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Ad agencies in 36 states involving an average of 4 models per shoot..average of five shoots per agency over a period of the last six years.

Dec 13 06 06:49 am Link

Photographer

glenn my name today

Lancaster, California, US

yes, majority of work is for a stock agency and images can appear anywhere, as well as various glamour magazines.

FYI commercial photography is so competitive that very few shooters are willing to give any kind of major client list until they are very deeply tied up with those clients. On avaerage, for every advertising job I get, they call in or look at 20-30 other photogs websites or portfolios. And I get maybe 1 out of 50 jobs I pitch. So you get an idea of how competitive it is.

Dec 13 06 07:01 am Link