Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > This new version of Photoshop

Photographer

Jean-Claude Vorgeack

Los Angeles, California, US

Oct 2017...Is this one of those updates where I'll need to reinstall all my plug-ins after installing?

Oct 20 17 09:34 am Link

Photographer

Brian Davies

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia

I am running Windows 10 and my plug-ins were missing after the latest update. I didn't need to reinstall my plug-ins, I simply had to move them from the Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 folder to the new Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 folder. I deleted the 2017 folder after reopening Photoshop and making sure everything was working. HTH.

Oct 21 17 12:50 am Link

Photographer

Jean-Claude Vorgeack

Los Angeles, California, US

Brian Davies wrote:
I am running Windows 10 and my plug-ins were missing after the latest update. I didn't need to reinstall my plug-ins, I simply had to move them from the Adobe Photoshop CC 2017 folder to the new Adobe Photoshop CC 2018 folder. I deleted the 2017 folder after reopening Photoshop and making sure everything was working. HTH.

And they're working OK? I know in the past, simply moving plug-in folders could cause all sorts of wonkiness.

Oct 21 17 12:38 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

There is no guarantee that old plugins will work in newer PS versions. Check with the plugin developers.

Oct 22 17 11:08 am Link

Photographer

Jay Walker Photography

Hartford, Connecticut, US

Anybody have problems with brushes disappearing in the new photoshop?   What folder would I look in to transfer?

Thanks

Oct 25 17 06:33 am Link

Photographer

Kelvin Hammond

Billings, Montana, US

I had to manually copy the plug-ins from the previous versions into the plugin folder for 2018 PS.  Didn't need to actually re-install them though. They just didn't transfer over during the installation of the new PS.

A lot of plugins are now stand-alone programs, so the plugin folder simply opens the other program, rather then working within the PS program. That's why it can work just fine to copy the plugins to the folder these days.

Oct 26 17 09:53 am Link