Forums > Digital Art and Retouching > Heads-up: CrashPlan ending for Home Service

Retoucher

Steven Burnette Retouch

Mount Vernon, New York, US

So basically CrashPlan’s ending their Home Service plan, put into effect since August 22, 2017 (Just found out today). Currently, they are no longer accepting new subscriptions and if you already have an active subscription like myself, please note that this service will no longer be available for use starting October 23, 2018

I have been using them for cloud backup many years. The Home Service option was the best for me at the time and just stuck with it. It was great and very dependable and although they have the option to migrate to their small business or enterprise plans, I am researching other great options to migrate files outside of the CrashPlan umbrella. They also seem to have a partnership with Carbonite and endorsing it, but don’t think that this is the road for me either.

Backblaze is so far the top runner on my list of options.

Share any information or recommendations that you ladies and gents feel is relevant on this subject of cloud backup options.

Sep 02 17 03:25 pm Link

Retoucher

Sofia, Sofija grad, Bulgaria

I don't trust any company or external network for anything important such as backup, especially if that includes private data, client files etc. Just read their liability and privacy terms and you will know instantly that they hold no responsibility whatsoever. I recommend LTO tape.

Sep 02 17 04:29 pm Link

Retoucher

Ad Alex

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom

Same here. I don't use any cloud backup services, as I simply don't trust them to hold my (important) data. I store my backups on external drives currently.

Sep 03 17 12:15 am Link

Photographer

Jerry Nemeth

Dearborn, Michigan, US

I have never trusted cloud backup!

Sep 03 17 07:11 am Link